Sorry

Funny how u people think u know coaches and how they get their point across. I sat in the locker room and heard the great Jerry Stewart and For my generation it worked. So unless your Bruce Jenner Octomom And actually have sat in a men's locker you don't have a clue. Today, no way in hell would his style work on these kids from Crosby. It's a different era and the way Coach Rio and his crew does it works. Not sayin one is better than the other,  just you have to adapt. That's what makes a great coach and Stewart would not be able to do it. 

​Its actually pretty simple. You measure a coaches sucess in wins and losses. Not how old he is. Stewart was a beast of a coach. I bet money if he were still here today he would still be. I have no doubt in my mind. 

​Its actually pretty simple. You measure a coaches sucess in wins and losses. Not how old he is. Stewart was a beast of a coach. I bet money if he were still here today he would still be. I have no doubt in my mind. 

​he still is, he just watches from afar while the understudy messes over the…….. Know what, nevermind. 

I agree. The logic they are using kids/times change. Stewart must have been good at change too. Couldn't be on the top all those years if he hadn't,  right? 

I'll just say this. It took Stew few years to get Dayton really going. If I remember right, Dayton only got out of the first round once their first five years under him.(?) Riordan hasn't lost a first round game yet and is averaging over 10 wins a season his first few years on the job, an average that should get even higher after this year. He's actually off to a better start than Stewart. I think there's a new crop of good young coaches around the state and Crosby just happens to have one of them. We'll see how long it last though. 

I'll just say this. It took Stew few years to get Dayton really going. If I remember right, Dayton only got out of the first round once their first five years under him.(?) Riordan hasn't lost a first round game yet and is averaging over 10 wins a season his first few years on the job, an average that should get even higher after this year. He's actually off to a better start than Stewart. I think there's a new crop of good young coaches around the state and Crosby just happens to have one of them. We'll see how long it last though. 

​I agree with you 100%. I was saying a measuring stick of a coach is his record. Give Riordan 10 or 15 more years and the tale of the tape will be there. I compare Stewart to some of the SETX greats. I am not throwing Riodran there just yet. He may well be that guy. Time will tell!!!

Not many coaches can come in after a 1st round knockout by the lowly Vidor Pirates and turn a program into a contender by year three. The word tradition and the phrase time will tell is so loosely thrown around here by a bunch of armchair quarterbacks that it allows posters to lose some credibility. Tradition is out the window when a hungry program with 15-17 yr olds put on a jersey they wear for four years. Most of these kids now a days are looking for what's next Tomorrow not what happened 5-10-15-20 yrs ago or for Nederland 60 yes ago!!

Not many coaches can come in after a 1st round knockout by the lowly Vidor Pirates and turn a program into a contender by year three. The word tradition and the phrase time will tell is so loosely thrown around here by a bunch of armchair quarterbacks that it allows posters to lose some credibility. Tradition is out the window when a hungry program with 15-17 yr olds put on a jersey they wear for four years. Most of these kids now a days are looking for what's next Tomorrow not what happened 5-10-15-20 yrs ago or for Nederland 60 yes ago!!

​so tradition is out the window at SLC? Aledo? Lake Travis? Newton? WOS? Converse Judson? Refugio? John Tyler? Abilene High? 

Hmmmmm...... 6 pages, that started out with Ridergirl talking about her boys, and it immediately gets hijacked by Crosby?  If I would have checked in earlier, I would have snuffed this 4 pages ago.

How about Crosby fans go start their own thread... with the title "How Great Thou Art"!

Edited by PNG Proud

​so tradition is out the window at SLC? Aledo? Lake Travis? Newton? WOS? Converse Judson? Refugio? John Tyler? Abilene High? 

Short list there that supports my post. These kids could care less when they play a perennial powerhouse. Line up whoever draws the short straw and hit em in the mouth. Tradition only matters to has been sitting in a diner talking about grandpas state ring. Oh BTW u forgot the greatest Texad tradition, Permian!!

Short list there that supports my post. These kids could care less when they play a perennial powerhouse. Line up whoever draws the short straw and hit em in the mouth. Tradition only matters to has been sitting in a diner talking about grandpas state ring. Oh BTW u forgot the greatest Texad tradition, Permian!!

​you do know Southlake Carroll has their thing called "Protect The Tradition" right? 

Hmmmmm...... 6 pages, that started out with Ridergirl talking about her boys, and it immediately gets hijacked by Crosby?  If I would have checked in earlier, I would have snuffed this 4 pages ago.

How about Crosby fans go start their own thread... with the title "How Great Thou Art"!

Crosby just has to take over every thread!

​When you have tradition you have history. When you dont have it you have the guy that says tradition doesnt matter it means nothing. It say that said person cannot speak of tradition. PNG has played in 6 State Championships. That not to bad. They break records with there attendance. They are loved by the whole communities of Port Neches and Groves. When we are winning in the playoffs the Nederlnad fans pour into the games with us as we do with them. Our fight song is a really great one and our Indian Spirit dance to a traditional Cherokee War Song. We have a preseason pep rally were we burn a big sign the say PNG. Our band has been marching in the marching I for decades. That is just a tiny piece of what tradition is. The biggest and most important of that tradition is the importance to our kiddos in this community to play on friday nights. Win or lose they will play for the Indians proudly. We also have to Mid County Rilvalry top 5 in the State!!! This is all little small pieces that add up to tradition. Thats not a lose term it a way of life here at PNG. ALways has and it always will be. 

Edited by prepballfan

​you do know Southlake Carroll has their thing called "Protect The Tradition" right? 

Thanks for the history lesson and no never had the privilege to meet Todd Dodge(did see a pretty good game by him in college however). SLC had a good run but they had some good fortune as well with their competition. 

​You are really capable of making some terrible posts. I really try and give you the benefit of the doubt because of your age. Its kind of hard to sometime. Then I just put it into perspective.

​You are really capable of making some terrible posts. I really try and give you the benefit of the doubt because of your age. Its kind of hard to sometime. Then I just put it into perspective.

Heck age has nothing to do with it lol. I'm probably younger than him and my posts are better than his lol

Thanks for the history lesson and no never had the privilege to meet Todd Dodge(did see a pretty good game by him in college however). SLC had a good run but they had some good fortune as well with their competition. 

​hopefully we can kinda get you up to speed with the way you kida fly off the handle into left field so much. We gotta get you to slow your roll on the attacks and get you to fit in a bit more so you can enjoy these boards a bit more. Someone may actually enjoy your posts if you quit attacking everyone else team. You can get your point across in a respectable manner. Its up to you there is some very smart football people who regular this site. They are loaded with information that will help you continue to learn about football and being a fan of that team.

​When you have tradition you have history. When you dont have it you have the guy that says tradition doesnt matter it means nothing. It say that said person cannot speak of tradition. PNG has played in 6 State Championships. That not to bad. They break records with there attendance. They are loved by the whole communities of Port Neches and Groves. When we are winning in the playoffs the Nederlnad fans pour into the games with us as we do with them. Our fight song is a really great one and our Indian Spirit dance to a traditional Cherokee War Song. We have a preseason pep rally were we burn a big sign the say PNG. Our band has been marching in the marching I for decades. That is just a tiny piece of what tradition is. The biggest and most important of that tradition is the importance to our kiddos in this community to play on friday nights. Win or lose they will play for the Indians proudly. We also have to Mid County Rilvalry top 5 in the State!!! This is all little small pieces that add up to tradition. Thats not a lose term it a way of life here at PNG. ALways has and it always will be. 

Yawn again with the six rings. To quote the greatest stand up of all time, "What have you done for me lately (insert name here)! I tell you what keep living in the past, have the local Cherokees dust off them ancient trophies, and checkout the future at the jungle sometime!!

​hopefully we can kinda get you up to speed with the way you kida fly off the handle into left field so much. We gotta get you to slow your roll on the attacks and get you to fit in a bit more so you can enjoy these boards a bit more. Someone may actually enjoy your posts if you quit attacking everyone else team. You can get your point across in a respectable manner. Its up to you there is some very smart football people who regular this site. They are loaded with information that will help you continue to learn about football and being a fan of that team.

You'd be surprised on this knowledge my man!

I came so close to winning my bet with this one.   Give it time.....it will happen

Yawn again with the six rings. To quote the greatest stand up of all time, "What have you done for me lately (insert name here)! I tell you what keep living in the past, have the local Cherokees dust off them ancient trophies, and checkout the future at the jungle sometime!!

​Once again a terrible post. Thats so bad it does not bother me at all. We have to work on that. You can join forces with us all and be one of the team as oppsed to the guy who is not very much liked. You can rag the Indians everyone is entitled to there opinion. I will respect yours however bad it may be. You can also become better at agging people either way you board etiquite is laking to the good and the bad!!!

You'd be surprised on this knowledge my man!

​Im sorry my brother I would not. I have read your post for awhile and it lacks a bit to be desired. I am not trying to insult you Id like for you to become one our regular members. Id like to be able to have an intelligent conversation with you. There is always hope.