LSG PRE-SEASON 5A RANKINGS

If Crosby doesn't win state this year then that's pretty bad.

No, pretty bad would be not making the playoffs at all when four teams make it out of one district.  It takes a lot of things to come together to play deep into the playoffs:  Healthy players, matching up with the right teams, and good coaching just to name a few.

Man I am just messing with you. Noone will ever be guarenteed winning state. Actually its some of the  other guys I am messing with. You guys had a season for the record books last season. I congratulate you as a fan for that. I was proud to say Crosby made it that far being from the same area. I hope ypu do well this season. Hope you have a great year as you will find out soon enough it never last forever. When that rare collection of talent comes though with the right coach  this is what happens. You would do well to look up to what Dayton or Nederland has done through the years and hope on a prayer that you can do something like that. I love highschool football and admire winning programs. I admire even more a winning tradition. Thats you WOS and Newtons. (from our area). Best of luck to you hope ypur team lives up to your expectations it would be cool to play right in your hometown for the State Championship!!!!!!

Man I am just messing with you. Noone will ever be guarenteed winning state. Actually its some of the  other guys I am messing with. You guys had a season for the record books last season. I congratulate you as a fan for that. I was proud to say Crosby made it that far being from the same area. I hope ypu do well this season. Hope you have a great year as you will find out soon enough it never last forever. When that rare collection of talent comes though with the right coach  this is what happens. You would do well to look up to what Dayton or Nederland has done through the years and hope on a prayer that you can do something like that. I love highschool football and admire winning programs. I admire even more a winning tradition. Thats you WOS and Newtons. (from our area). Best of luck to you hope ypur team lives up to your expectations it would be cool to play right in your hometown for the State Championship!!!!!!

Crosby has been to the playoffs 10 years straight, it's just that our record in that time is 10-10. Everybody knows it never lasts, it's just that our not lasting now is losing in the first round instead of going 3-7. Groups of athletes come through that are better than others but Crosby has always had talent, it doesn't just come and go like some other places. There was just a lack of coaching, now that's fixed and Riordan is 31-8 in his first three years as a head coach. Remember though, Flannigan was dismissed after going to the playoffs 7 straight years. There's a different standard here, as long as the current administration is in place these are the results I think you'll see. 

Crosby has everything in place to become one of the two or three premier 5A programs in the Houston area. Ned's run is nice but I'm personally expecting something more like Brenham's current run.