PA Memorial Open

Having said that, I think even if he is hired now, this is a better fit for Anthony than Central.  

Andre pulling double duty at least this year would benefit him as well.  The Titans will be very young this year but the two after that they have the chance to be very, very good.  

I figure when Williams got suspended that Boutee would have 'double dutied ' at that point.  That would have been the perfect opportunity for him.....  IF he was still interested in coaching....

So according to some of you, BISD was expected to pay Andre the same money that PAISD is paying him to be AD just to be Ozen's head basketball coach?

That would have been foolish. But then again, would not have surprised me with the goings on then in BISD.

Andre took a promotion that no one would have passed up in his position. Also, IMO, he left knowing some situations that were going on at BISD at the time that ended up being the downfall of the current board.

Soulja, Boutte never wanted to STOP coaching! It was about the money and preparing himself financially to one day retire. If BISD would have raised the ante, he would have never left.  Nothing changed. I meant what I said. I just know that some situations are more do-able than others.  I got my first head coaching job at 27.  He can do it. We all made mistakes young, God knows I did, but it never affected my ability to do what I love for a living to THIS day.  My point to him was nothing was going to be handed to him and he gets that..everything in due time. I am much wiser than I was back then, and he is a lot like I was. He will be just fine.

And to get prepared financially and set up for retirement, what better way to do that than take the administration job?  He made a choice to quit coaching...  I good choice, May I add.  Matter of fact, there was a thread that I pretty much explained it almost as you did.  But at the end of the day, the bigger picture is NOT on the sidelines...

So according to some of you, BISD was expected to pay Andre the same money that PAISD is paying him to be AD just to be Ozen's head basketball coach?

That would have been foolish. But then again, would not have surprised me with the goings on then in BISD.

Andre took a promotion that no one would have passed up in his position. Also, IMO, he left knowing some situations that were going on at BISD at the time that ended up being the downfall of the current board.

Correct...  He wouldn't have gotten the AD position in BISD...  So smart move in him.  And I don't think it necessarily had to do with the riff raff in BISD, just simply an opportunity.  

I figure when Williams got suspended that Boutee would have 'double dutied ' at that point.  That would have been the perfect opportunity for him.....  IF he was still interested in coaching....

Interesting point.  I don't know if that's a good spot for him at that point though.  If Travis is let go, you look like you want the job for yourself and that factored in to letting him go.  Even when he isn't, you have an issue that people will say you should be dealing with instead of coaching.   

This job is a done deal.  No interviews necessary. Announcement coming later this week.  DONE.

didn't you say few weeks ago on this board that a DFW coach was going over to Central when that job was opened?

I think I'll wait for the chips to fall flat. 

Yes he was the front runner at the time, and I knew all about it.  I also knew WHY he withdrew his name from the candidacy too...didn't mention it because it was a personnel matter. THIS job however I am CERTAIN...it's a DONE DEAL...take it or leave it. AND NO INTERVIEWS ARE NEEDED.

Edited by Dick Vitale