Teams who could have the biggest turn around from last season?

Central 21-30-1 last 5 yrs=not from lack talent=coaching & not sold currently,their better teams did hang w/SC I witnessed first hand.As a district it's the overall lack of defense holding em back,special teams play & kicking game,atheletes they have.Overall 21-5a has better coaching,Livingston had winning record over 6 yrs there,4-2 vs everybody except Ned/Vidor  2-4  & Lumberton 3-2-1 tie**Liv winless vs Dayt since 1961 that I know.Liv/Lcm have moved elsewhere,getting Lee/Gcm was worse.Gcm has never sniffed bi-dist trophy since it opened=not from lack talent.If next alignment Dayt/Bh(both closer) go east look out,district will become stronger from competetion,Bh is currently blooming w/ jobs,housing,retail & is a good spread coach from becoming playoff regular,currently can't defend what you don't do=pass regular

My long nightmare at work is finally over and I can get back to real life. My Mighty Vidor Pirates will make a statement this year. Returning 32 players, a new Quirante at QB, and a strong backfield. We played good football at the end of the season last year nearly pulling out victories against PNG and Central on the road. We shall see.

My long nightmare at work is finally over and I can get back to real life. My Mighty Vidor Pirates will make a statement this year. Returning 32 players, a new Quirante at QB, and a strong backfield. We played good football at the end of the season last year nearly pulling out victories against PNG and Central on the road. We shall see.

​stranger alert!  Glad you back. All we need now is Snooks and Sgt Rey. 

​One could argue that point with Central having over 22 college football signees that last 2 years. One would think they would be better than their record has showed and at least got past 1st round.

I think that's a very fair assessment. It was a running joke on this board for Crosby the last several years pertaining to the talent level but for some reason Central gets a pass? 

The deal with Crosby was not making it past the second round, half the time Central doesn't even make the playoffs. 

Pretty frequent in the playoffs.  We had a bad little spell there for a minute...  Between 2011-2013 with horrible leadership...  Other than than, the last 13 years (years 4a ) consisted of:

'02 - playoffs

'03 - playoffs 3 round run

'04 - New coach, missed

'05 - district champs 2 round playoff run

'06 - playoffs 2 rounds lost to eventual state champs

'07 - missed

'08 - made playoffs 4 round 

'09 - playoffs 2 round push

'10 - district champs 1round loss

'13 - made playoffs 

'14 - made playoffs

That crushed your little notion...  Seems we made the playoffs way more than half the time...

Pretty frequent in the playoffs.  We had a bad little spell there for a minute...  Between 2011-2013 with horrible leadership...  Other than than, the last 13 years (years 4a ) consisted of:

'02 - playoffs

'04 - New coach, missed

'07 - missed

'13 - made playoffs 

'14 - made playoffs

That crushed your little notion...  Seems we made the playoffs way more than half the time...

Soulja, I'll help you out when I get off this evening.  I'll go back to 1986 and post the playoff history from there, maybe that's what he was talking about...

'02 - playoffs

'04 - New coach, missed

'07 - missed

'13 - made playoffs

'14 - made playoffs

​Maybe I was thinking about playoff wins for the last decade then. Central either missed the playoff or hasn't gotten out of the first round the last 5 years with how many college kids? Four of the five years prior to that Central either missed the playoffs or lost in the 2nd round. Overall Central has missed the playoffs or lost in bi-district 6 of the last 8 years, still pretty poor for the talent level.

The only notion I have is that Central produces better athletes than they do football players.

​Maybe I was thinking about playoff wins for the last decade then. Central either missed the playoff or hasn't gotten out of the first round the last 5 years with how many college kids? Four of the five years prior to that Central either missed the playoffs or lost in the 2nd round. Overall Central has missed the playoffs or lost in bi-district 6 of the last 8 years, still pretty poor for the talent level.

The only notion I have is that Central produces better athletes than they do football players.

Nice twist to your previous asinine comment.  Sounds like reaching to me.  Twist it how you want to, but overall, better talent, and better program.  

Nice twist to your previous asinine comment.  Sounds like reaching to me.  Twist it how you want to, but overall, better talent, and better program.  

The only asinine comment is you thinking Central deserves ANY credit for missing the playoffs twice and four first round losses theast 8 years, lol. 

Better program, please? Who on this board would rather be irrelevant for the last five or 6 years, only twice out of the first round with 3 total playoff wins vs Crosby having 3 10 win seasons with only one first round loss and three times the playoff wins? 

Central may have a slight edge in athletes but Crosby has better football players, better coaching, better fan support, better financial support and when all the construction is done we'll have better facilities. 

That better program thing must have been a joke? 

Crosby is 10-10 in the playoffs the last 10 years. I believe we're 12-11 the last dozen years missing the playoffs once in Falnnigan's first year. I can't remember the year La Marque won state what round we played them in with Haynes when he threw for 4k and 40 tds while Beck had over 2200 receiving? We've only won the region once in that time frame and have been to the 3 round 3 times I think.