Uil Football Championships on the move(No Jerry's World in 2015)

Guest ECBucFan

Initially, I was not sold on the concept of central sites. Looking back though, I remember having to choose between games, and/or making trips like seeing Brenham/Aledo on a Saturday afternoon then making a hasty drive down I-35 to see Abilene/Katy that evening. In retrospect, central sites are better, allowing for more games to be attended in a single trip. 

With that said, there is NO DOUBT the sites should be rotated. D-FW has enjoyed a home field advantage too long now. It HAS made a difference in the very close wins by their teams. It is a disservice to the fans and teams around the state to have the MetroPlex monopolize our State playoffs. Glad to see it move (at least) this year! 

Edited by ECBucFan

• 2 weeks later...

Now this smh 

@ahverdejo: Just got off the phone with folks at NRG Stadium...nothing official yet with UIL FB state games coming to Houston on Dec 17-19. #txhsfb

Yeah, that's what mine said too: 

@Matt_Stepp817: No surprise #UILState giving Houston a one year audition if the crowds are small it may just be a one year trial #txhsfb

Guest ECBucFan

...Houston a one year audition if the crowds are small it may just be a one year trial #txhsfb

​Yeah, yeah, it looks to me like that statement is a set up for an excuse to move it right back to Jerrys next year. Jerry himself is adamantly saying "The move to Houston is NOT part of a rotation". He Is really stressing that. Believe me, Jerry will not stand for a rotation where different venues share equally. Jerry is furiously working this issue behind the scenes...

​Yeah, yeah, it looks to me like that statement is a set up for an excuse to move it right back to Jerrys next year. Jerry himself is adamantly saying "The move to Houston is NOT part of a rotation". He Is really stressing that. Believe me, Jerry will not stand for a rotation where different venues share equally. Jerry is furiously working this issue behind the scenes...

​he is probably behind the delay. 

Guest ECBucFan

Does one ticket get you in for all of the games for that day or do they clear the stadium after each game?

​One ticket should do it. Thats always been the format at Jerrys. I cannot imagine Reliant  NRG attempting to clear the stadium between games. It would cause a massive uproar, and might even be logistically impossible.

• 2 months later...

One ticket should do it. Thats always been the format at Jerrys. I cannot imagine Reliant  NRG attempting to clear the stadium between games. It would cause a massive uproar, and might even be logistically impossible.

Speaking from yrs going=watching every game for 3 straight days=$45 tickets,then parking $,on avg for 3 full days of football=concession costs=double the tickets/parking.Then comes expense of lodging.It will kindle an old flame of the astrodome days,except now a easy commute from home daily=means I prolly spend extra dollars @ the games that did go to hotels/gas.Lawd I remember the freon cylinders all painted blue/yellow w/ball bearings from those rowdy Stephenville Yellowjacket crowds=come on mid Dec,bring us a real cold front w/scattered snow flurries & no ice

@gofridaynight: Abilene to hold 6-man football championships

This is the hidden content, please
This is the hidden content, please

Cant wait! 

I think I was the only one who was excited about the games being played in Houston. I could watch them since I am flying out the next day. In Abilene I cant do that.

I also think the coaches should revolt since they are playing outdoors in a 50 year old stadium while 11 man gets NRG

I think I was the only one who was excited about the games being played in Houston. I could watch them since I am flying out the next day. In Abilene I cant do that.

I also think the coaches should revolt since they are playing outdoors in a 50 year old stadium while 11 man gets NRG

imma make the trip to it, heck, imma be in Abilene for the Cooper vs Amarillo game Oct. 2nd. 

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity