Bridge City vs Huffman 1 Gamer

Ive seen shugart throw in the past and know he is a heck of a high school pitcher..but when does 86-88 with a slider equal a pro pitcher?  Im sure he touches 90-91 but he doesn't pitch there that I have ever seen. I know he is a bulldog on the mound and love that fire but is what kind of pro prospect is he really coming out of hs? Is he expected to be drafted?

Ive seen shugart throw in the past and know he is a heck of a high school pitcher..but when does 86-88 with a slider equal a pro pitcher?  Im sure he touches 90-91 but he doesn't pitch there that I have ever seen. I know he is a bulldog on the mound and love that fire but is what kind of pro prospect is he really coming out of hs? Is he expected to be drafted?

Went to watch the Astros game saturday night. Feldman 89-91 with a slider with 10Ks and the Win.  

I plan on it, see you Friday. I clocked him last year and saw as low as 84 and up to 89. Like I said im sure he touches 90-91 but where does he pitch? I saw him a little bit on Saturday and should have gunned him again. If he is sitting 91-93 then he will be drafted so that question will be answered pretty soon.

HEY JOEBOB get your gun and get behind home plate your velocity numbers are a little low ........

Oh I don't disagree, watch Jered Weaver with the Angels..dude is throwing 84-85 and winning. You can win with that stuff but for whatever reason to get drafted for a RHP it takes more than that. A lefty would be golden touching 90-91 and throwing 87-88.

Went to watch the Astros game saturday night. Feldman 89-91 with a slider with 10Ks and the Win.  

Yes, his velocity is not there neither is his size or speed

You are right about the right handed deal and we will know come draft day what the pros think.

But he is a hitter and for sure a gamer.

I understand ut wants him for hitting?

I have seen him a couple times super competitor.

Let me rephrase....Its funny once you get in you can move up the ladder and win with velo below 90 as a rhp..but you rarely get drafted that way which to me as a scout I wouldn't pay as much attention to velo as I would the ability of the guy to get outs and his mental makeup. Im saying I don't agree with the way mlb scouts handle it. They will draft a guy throwing 95 who cant throw strikes over the guy throwing 88 who wins because they think they can teach the 95 guy how to pitch which isn't always the case.

I agree 100% the kid is a gamer.

Greg Maddux may disagree with that statement.   :)