Lets Talk Facts. Cornell Thompson Transfer History.

You're right on the recruiting front. Shaw got his UT offer pulled while DSC and Baldwin are blowing up. It's probably not a popular opinion but playing at a bigger school against better players and mostly better coaching is what recruiters want to see rather than you dominating inferior competition. You also get to excel in the role you'll probably be playing in college instead of going both ways trying to carry a team like great players do at lower levels. While you get some exposure from making a title run at WOS, you get a lot more playing in the Spring district like DSC or the Cypress district like Baldwin even though Baldwin's team will be pretty bad. He'll get more looks in practice this Spring than he probably would've the whole year at WOS. Not mention Baldwin getting to live in Cypress vs Orange.

I try to keep from posting on these particular topics, but you are dead wrong with your assessment.

You're right on the recruiting front. Shaw got his UT offer pulled while DSC and Baldwin are blowing up. It's probably not a popular opinion but playing at a bigger school against better players and mostly better coaching is what recruiters want to see rather than you dominating inferior competition. You also get to excel in the role you'll probably be playing in college instead of going both ways trying to carry a team like great players do at lower levels. While you get some exposure from making a title run at WOS, you get a lot more playing in the Spring district like DSC or the Cypress district like Baldwin even though Baldwin's team will be pretty bad. He'll get more looks in practice this Spring than he probably would've the whole year at WOS. Not mention Baldwin getting to live in Cypress vs Orange.

WOS gets more looks then most Houston area schools. It's a reason a school with less then 600 students has sent more kids to D1 schools then any other in the Golden Triangle dating back to 2006.

I try to keep from posting on these particular topics, but you are dead wrong with your assessment.

Your son is a different case. He was recognized as a national recruit early on in the process. I'm sure there's 30 coaches that came through to see HIM during the Spring evaluation period alone. There's at least 30 coaches a week that come by schools like Westfield and North Shore though. WOS has one or two FBS kids on the roster every year maybe. Those schools have 10 or 15. There's going to be a lot more evaluating done there where you have to look at 10 players from positions across the board versus at WOS where you're usually evaluating one or two athletes, mainly DBs. You get recruiters that are position specific at WOS, everybody goes to Westfield and North ashore for everything. Here's an example, look at what WOS has produced and the position they play and look at at the other two.

WOS - http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results
* It has some other schools mixed with it, but look at the positions.

Westfield - http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results?year=&sport_id=1&sport=football&keywords=Westfield
*Look at the player rankings and sheer volume of talent they produce.

North Shore - http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results?year=&sport_id=1&sport=football&keywords=North+shore

WOS gets more looks then most Houston area schools. It's a reason a school with less then 600 students has sent more kids to D1 schools then any other in the Golden Triangle dating back to 2006.

Your statement is right in the sense that the Houston area has a lot of schools and WOS would get more looks than most of them. The GT probably has the population of Cypress where Baldwin plays. While the more elite talent has come from the GT, that area alone has probably produced more talent lately. Certainly so if you average it out.

Cypress - http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results?year=&sport_id=1&sport=football&keywords=Cypress+tx

Your son is a different case. He was recognized as a national recruit early on in the process. I'm sure there's 30 coaches that came through to see HIM during the Spring evaluation period alone. There's at least 30 coaches a week that come by schools like Westfield and North Shore though. WOS has one or two FBS kids on the roster every year maybe. Those schools have 10 or 15. There's going to be a lot more evaluating done there where you have to look at 10 players from positions across the board versus at WOS where you're usually evaluating one or two athletes, mainly DBs. You get recruiters that are position specific at WOS, everybody goes to Westfield and North ashore for everything. Here's an example, look at what WOS has produced and the position they play and look at at the other two.

WOS - http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results
* It has some other schools mixed with it, but look at the positions.

Westfield - http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results?year=&sport_id=1&sport=football&keywords=Westfield
*Look at the player rankings and sheer volume of talent they produce.

North Shore - http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results?year=&sport_id=1&sport=football&keywords=North+shore

I understand the point you're trying to make, but I've heard from several recruiters that WOS is a must stop when they come to Texas. That may not translate to a ton of D-1 offers, but in the case of any kid talented enough to garner that kind of attention, they'll get plenty of looks from D-1 recruiters.

I understand the point you're trying to make, but I've heard from several recruiters that WOS is a must stop when they come to Texas. That may not translate to a ton of D-1 offers, but in the case of any kid talented enough to garner that kind of attention, they'll get plenty of looks from D-1 recruiters.

I totally agree and I know that to be fact also. My point is that even though Baldwin's team may by bad, when you have 50 high level recruits within 15 mins of each other you're going to get more overall traffic.

I totally agree and I know that to be fact also. My point is that even though Baldwin's team may by bad, when you have 50 high level recruits within 15 mins of each other you're going to get more overall traffic.

I can agree with that.