Blues legend B.B. King dead at 89

LumRaiderFan

Eric Clapton said his most memorable event of his career was when he got to play on stage with B.B. King.

R.I.P.

Behind Jimi, give me BB or Buddy Guy any day of the week. I was at a show in Austin when Buddy Guy made a surprise appearance. Hands down the best live guitar performance I ever witnessed. And Buddy about to be 60 at the time. As great as he is, he would tell you BB was the greatest guitarist that ever lived.

Behind Jimi, give me BB or Buddy Guy any day of the week. I was at a show in Austin when Buddy Guy made a surprise appearance. Hands down the best live guitar performance I ever witnessed. And Buddy about to be 60 at the time. As great as he is, he would tell you BB was the greatest guitarist that ever lived.

Speaking of Jimi and Buddy Guy...from the article:

For most of a career spanning nearly 70 years, Riley B. King was not only the undisputed king of the blues but a mentor to scores of guitarists, who included Eric Clapton, Otis Rush, Buddy Guy, Jimi Hendrix, John Mayall and Keith Richards. He recorded more than 50 albums and toured the world well into his 80s, often performing 250 or more concerts a year.