Tom Brady...

None of this would stand up in a court of law.  I think the report stated that Brady had the "opportunity" to have this done.  So, therefore, he's guilty.  If I was Brady, I would bust the NFL and expose their silliness.

the problem he has is that he completely and totally was involved in this. there's more than enough evidence to show it. I completely agree with you that it would not stand up in court, but neither would not cooperating with the investigation, which Brady and the Patriots refused to do. If he wants to take it to court, he can, but then you're going to get a lot of information come out that did not originally due to their lack of cooperation.

in the overall scheme of things, this isn't that big of a deal. players cheat every game in one way or another to gain an advantage. that being said, Brady and the Pats brought this on themselves by lying, denying, and refusing to cooperate.

Things would've been totally different in this scenario: The colts go to the league and tell them that they think the balls are underinflated. The pats get caught with under inflated balls that very game. the media finds, out, and the $%^#storm erupts, just like it did. but when asked about it, Brady answers as follows: "Yeah, I like to have the balls a little softer, and I asked the ball guys to let a little air out. I didn't really have any idea what PSI they were supposed to have, and I thought these were still legal. Sorry guys, I wasn't intentionally trying to gain an unfair advantage. Most quarterbacks like their footballs to feel a certain way, and I've always liked mine softer. I apologize."

3 days later, $25K fine for Brady, maybe $50K for the Pats, and we never talk about it again.

Like I said in another post.....how long has he been doing this and is he that good?

As for every player cheating....If I have to cheat to win, I don't even want to play. I would have to carry that with me. It would be tarnished and I couldn't enjoy it. Guess it's called conscience.

Like I said in another post.....how long has he been doing this and is he that good?

As for every player cheating....If I have to cheat to win, I don't even want to play. I would have to carry that with me. It would be tarnished and I couldn't enjoy it. Guess it's called conscience.

I don't think he has to cheat to win. In the AFC Championship game in which this all occured in the first half, the balls were inflated back to whatever psi level that is legal and the Pats still went out and obliterated the Colts in the 2nd half. Was it wrong? Yes. Was it the reason they won their championships? No.

I don't think he has to cheat to win. In the AFC Championship game in which this all occured in the first half, the balls were inflated back to whatever psi level that is legal and the Pats still went out and obliterated the Colts in the 2nd half. Was it wrong? Yes. Was it the reason they won their championships? No.

I agree, they didn't have to cheat to win but they (he) did it anyway.

I also agree with AAW...it's how they roll.

I wish TRUEBLUE was still around to hear his comments on this.   :)

I agree, they didn't have to cheat to win but they (he) did it anyway.

I also agree with AAW...it's how they roll.

I wish TRUEBLUE was still around to hear his comments on this. :)

TRUEBLUE is probably looking for a new job after getting suspended indefinitely from his dream job as a Patriots ball boy.

the problem he has is that he completely and totally was involved in this. there's more than enough evidence to show it. I completely agree with you that it would not stand up in court, but neither would not cooperating with the investigation, which Brady and the Patriots refused to do. If he wants to take it to court, he can, but then you're going to get a lot of information come out that did not originally due to their lack of cooperation.

What are you basing this on?  I listened to a long discussion about this.  There were some parts of the actual report read.  There was talk about text sent between Brady and some ball boys.  Never said that anything about deflating balls were discussed.  Then the report went on the say that Brady had the "opportunity" to do this.  Didn't say there was any actual evidence that he did anything. 

But, it's been reported that the reason for the suspension -- is that he didn't cooperate.  Since when is not cooperating in a possible sham automatically makes you guilty?

What are you basing this on? I listened to a long discussion about this. There were some parts of the actual report read. There was talk about text sent between Brady and some ball boys. Never said that anything about deflating balls were discussed. Then the report went on the say that Brady had the "opportunity" to do this. Didn't say there was any actual evidence that he did anything.
But, it's been reported that the reason for the suspension -- is that he didn't cooperate. Since when is not cooperating in a possible sham automatically makes you guilty?

In this case it works. The balls were deflated, its a fact that the ball boys doctor the football to Brady's standard, Brady was caught in a lie about his communications with the ball boys.

Brady doesn't want his phone records looked at, even though they could exonerate him.

When something happens it is fair in every aspect, except the court of law, to assume the likely reason unless proven otherwise.

Tom Wells was going to find whatever the NFL wanted him to find.  He's being paid by the NFL!

From the article:  "Wells' report, released last week after a months-long investigation, found that it was more probable than not that Brady, the New England Patriots quarterback, was likely aware of the actions of two low-level employees who were responsible for deflating balls used in January's AFC Championship Game."  The bold parts do not sound like very strong evidence of anything!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2015/05/12/ted-wells-tom-brady-agent-don-yee-deflategate-investigation/27183425/

What are you basing this on?  I listened to a long discussion about this.  There were some parts of the actual report read.  There was talk about text sent between Brady and some ball boys.  Never said that anything about deflating balls were discussed.  Then the report went on the say that Brady had the "opportunity" to do this.  Didn't say there was any actual evidence that he did anything. 
But, it's been reported that the reason for the suspension -- is that he didn't cooperate.  Since when is not cooperating in a possible sham automatically makes you guilty?

plain old common sense. along with a ton of evidence, and this all despite the fact that Brady refused to cooperate (sure sign of innocence right there).