Tom Brady...

I just heard that the Union's agreement with the NFL only allows for fines for tampering with equipment not suspension.  "IF" this is the case -- then this suspension will not/should not stand.

The NFLPA is the weakest union in all of the major sports, in a sport where the money is the biggest and the risk to the players is the greatest.  What I wouldn't give for a crack at negotiating the next CBA....

I just heard that the Union's agreement with the NFL only allows for fines for tampering with equipment not suspension.  "IF" this is the case -- then this suspension will not/should not stand.

But to your point, the rule provides for punishment "including, but not limited to a fine of up to $25,000.00."

So, under the language highlighted, a suspension can be implemented using that "catch-all phrase."

BUT, if the max fine in only $25k (minuscule by today's standards), how does Rog land on a 4 game suspension.  Obviously, this conduct wasn't comtemplated to be that serious given the low nature of the max fine.  I just think, as in almost everything he has touched, Goodell has butchered this whole thing from the get go.  

• 3 weeks later...