24-4A Baseball Final Run

I was referring to the same thing. Your welcome.

Rake1

Well then I'm not understanding the sarcasm. I know you've been doing this a bit but I have no idea of your post because it turns out this year that WOS was on a 5 game win streak before BC matchup. I admit I was unsure if it was 4 or 5.

Well then I'm not understanding the sarcasm. I know you've been doing this a bit but I have no idea of your post because it turns out this year that WOS was on a 5 game win streak before BC matchup. I admit I was unsure if it was 4 or 5.

Grant has just as much to do with the streak as Aidan did, that's my point. It becomes "widely assumed" that whoever throws against Silsbee is the other teams ace, it's been like that for a few years. Both Anderson's are exceptional and capable of being called "ace" every time they toe the rubber. As far as stats go I can agree with you on the point that they don't tell the entire story. On the other it's all we, as fans, have to use as comparisons so when someone says "look at the numbers" that's what happens.

Rake1

The last couple of years one might assume the Tigers faced an opponents ace, although I wouldn't think that was a good assumption. His year that shouldn't have been the case at all.. An unproven group with a so so record going into district. After the Tigers hot start to district, you may have had the idea that we would face more aces but still you never know what strategies these coaches make for a week.

Grant has just as much to do with the streak as Aidan did, that's my point. It becomes "widely assumed" that whoever throws against Silsbee is the other teams ace, it's been like that for a few years. Both Anderson's are exceptional and capable of being called "ace" every time they toe the rubber. As far as stats go I can agree with you on the point that they don't tell the entire story. On the other it's all we, as fans, have to use as comparisons so when someone says "look at the numbers" that's what happens.

Rake1

Ah. I very much agree. Have said all along that both young men share the load and WOS goes wherever they take them. No disrespect to rest of team, they have adapted to that dynamic and are playing as well as can be expected.

As far as last few years of Silsbee facing everyone's "Ace", I can not attest to that fact. Only that most teams would do exactly as Silsbee has done this year and set their rotation up to be successful against opponents. I believe they were underestimated by most. It will no longer be that way but it doesn't matter.

You play to win, at this level and juncture of the season. There is no other reason for showing up.

Some very valid points that I certainly agree with. I would like to add one more to the mix after reading the "underestimated" description (which is certainly correct). Silsbee was certainly under estimated by all, including Silsbee folks as well. The one thing nobody has mentioned is how over estimated the rest of the district was. This season has been one of the weaker ones in recent memory, especially offensively. There are no teams in the district that just show up and make you wonder "how do we deal with that lineup?". Much of that is due to lack of varsity experience, youth, and a combination of both. The result of the lack of offense has made for a much more level playing field and or parity throughout this intense district race.

Rake1

Lack of offense ?? Have you not seen the pitchers in this district? I would be willing to bet that this district has the best pitching in the area . Shugart , Anderson boys , Roddy , Moore , Cash , Edelmon , Sundgren , Partain , Bergeron .. I'm sure I've missed a few .. Good pitching beats good hitting every time

Lack of offense ?? Have you not seen the pitchers in this district? I would be willing to bet that this district has the best pitching in the area . Shugart , Anderson boys , Roddy , Moore , Cash , Edelmon , Sundgren , Partain , Bergeron .. I'm sure I've missed a few .. Good pitching beats good hitting every time

Not going to disrespect anyone at all here. This district has had just as many good arms in the past and still had lineups that could handle any of them. The district is very young and inexperienced right now, hence the drop in offense and the tight playoff races. That inexperience right now will translate into even more good baseball for years to come. And yes, good pitching beats good hitting most of the time. Just my opinion, take it or leave it.

Rake1

Not going to disrespect anyone at all here. This district has had just as many good arms in the past and still had lineups that could handle any of them. The district is very young and inexperienced right now, hence the drop in offense and the tight playoff races. That inexperience right now will translate into even more good baseball for years to come. And yes, good pitching beats good hitting most of the time. Just my opinion, take it or leave it.

Rake1

I have to agree, I haven't seen much offense from any of these top teams. I haven't seen BC. The pitching is good but the playoffs will tell just how good. I just don't think their is enough offense in the district from what I have seen.

Pitching this year in my opinion is not anything like what I have seen in the past three years. Not to discredit any pitchers this year, but last two years there have been exceptional arms in this district! Silsbee and BC always seem to have some stellar arms, along with LCM.  But like one poster noted, the district seems young with a lot of talent ready to break out!  Great win for HJ!

If LCM beats OF, that would set up a 3 way tie for this weekend. HJ/LCM and the loser of Sil/WOS game.

Anyone have the tiebreaker rules?

I'll take a stab at it. (probably will get it wrong)

If the three way tie involves HJ/LC-M/Silsbee, then a coin will be flipped to determine what team gets the bye and qualify for playoffs. Each team was 2-2 against the other two teams. (HJ 2-0 against Silsbee, 0-2 vs. LC-M, LC-M 2-0 vs. HJ, 0-2 vs. Silsbee, Silsbee 2-0 vs. LC-M, 0-2 vs. HJ) The other two teams will play for 4th seed, loser will be out. Winner of that game will play the team that received bye for 3rd.

If three way involves HJ/LC-M/WO-S, then WO-S would receive bye and qualify based on their record against the two is 3-1. HJ and LC-M would play for 4th and winner would play WO-S for 3rd. This scenario could be different as it could reward the team with better record between the three (WO-S) as the 3rd seed and just have the 4th seed game. It also could reward LC-M 4th seed based on their season sweep of HJ. Just not sure.

All this could be totally wrong but I gave it a try. It's what I had heard from a week ago.