Vidor Pirate Varsity Baseball Classic

Last night the make up was two Sr, one Jr, three Soph, three Freshman. That line up will change base on the pitching rotation of a game. Silsbee only has two starters back and just three seniors on this team. Young team will grow up in the tournaments. Time will tell when district starts just how much. Go Tigers!!!

Kelly can flat out pound the ball. 1-9 can hit it but that first 6 are impressive. #2 & #9 are really impressive.

#17 on the mound (freshman lefty) looked very good tonight.

Kelly will beat many this season.

I've been told by a few people that Kelly has the best team in the area regardless of classification.

Lumberton 12 Ozen 0 F

Ozen's pitcher Elishah "Li Li" Simpson pitched well early but errors allowed this game to get out of hand. Lumberton looked pretty good though, I'm sure they will be ready for district. As for the panthers, let's just say game knowledge needs to increase to help this speedy group to seriously compete. Hmm

HJ 13 Ozen 3

I liked HJ's team, they are a solid ball club which is well coached in my opinion. Talented group of young men and should make a lot of noise these year. Ozen search for pitchers in this game. It is a difference between throwing and pitching but those young guys will just have to put in more work. Studying your craft is very important and hopefully this can become a favorite. Good luck Panthers!

In Kelly's win over Dayton, Chris Falgout got the start on the mound and went 5 innings with Josh Lamb completing the last two innings.  Caldwell Kent and Andrew Pace had two hits each with Kent getting the game winning RBI in the top of the 7th.

In the win over HJ, Andrew Pace got the start and went 4 innings giving up only an infield singe.  Rich Funchess pitched the last inning.  Kelly's 12 hit attack was led by Chris Falgout, Andrew Pace and Josh Lamb with 2 hits each.

Kelly is now 5-0 for the season and play next in the Orange tournament.