Vidor Pirate Varsity Baseball Classic

In Kelly's win over Dayton, Chris Falgout got the start on the mound and went 5 innings with Josh Lamb completing the last two innings. Caldwell Kent and Andrew Pace had two hits each with Kent getting the game winning RBI in the top of the 7th.

In the win over HJ, Andrew Pace got the start and went 4 innings giving up only an infield singe. Rich Funchess pitched the last inning. Kelly's 12 hit attack was led by Chris Falgout, Andrew Pace and Josh Lamb with 2 hits each.

Kelly is now 5-0 for the season and play next in the Orange tournament.

Thanks for re-cap.

Let's use this as a template for all teams that report scores and highlights of the teams. It's difficult to leave emotions out, but baseball fans like stats.

Dayton has a solid team.  Made some nice plays in the field.  Only 1 error that I remember.  I think they ended up with 4 runs on 5 hits.  The big 1st baseman almost hit one out in the bottom of the 7th to tie the score.  He is a good player.  Not really sure where they were in their pitching rotation but both guys that pitched against us were solid but nothing spectacular.

Dayton has a solid team. Made some nice plays in the field. Only 1 error that I remember. I think they ended up with 4 runs on 5 hits. The big 1st baseman almost hit one out in the bottom of the 7th to tie the score. He is a good player. Not really sure where they were in their pitching rotation but both guys that pitched against us were solid but nothing spectacular.

thanks for the info!