J. Shaw of WOS not getting to sign his letter of intent to La. Tech with his teammates

Kj Dad

Kid should have been allowed to sign with his teammates. Yes he miss practice a lot but he family situation is far worse then anybody else on the WOS football team. Kid has family issues a kid shouldn't have to worry about it deal with.

To ruin his day is childish, football season is over time to forgive and forget. I'm pretty sure coach T wasn't perfect at 17 years old.

Love the WOS program but at some point we need our coaches to think outside those silver helmets and think about what our boys might be going through at home. Lights off, no food in the fridge, nobody in the family has a car, the last thing on this kids mind was football practice.

Kid should have been allowed to sign with his teammates. Yes he miss practice a lot but he family situation is far worse then anybody else on the WOS football team. Kid has family issues a kid shouldn't have to worry about it deal with.

To ruin his day is childish, football season is over time to forgive and forget. I'm pretty sure coach T wasn't perfect at 17 years old.

Love the WOS program but at some point we need our coaches to think outside those silver helmets and think about what our boys might be going through at home. Lights off, no food in the fridge, nobody in the family has a car, the last thing on this kids mind was football practice.

Well said, a lot of folks @ WOS only cares about the football program, how many wins in a season & making it too state. รฐลธโ€™ยฏรฐลธโ€™ยฏรฐลธโ€™ยฏ

Well said, a lot of folks @ WOS only cares about the football program, how many wins in a season & making it too state.

I vastly disagree and dare any of you to say these things to guys like Toby Foreman. This is about holding everyone to the same level and making sure they are responsible for themselves. I hate any teenager having to deal with those type of things but if you can't hold down your responsibilities to your team then you shouldn't be a part of it. That isn't being cruel, that is being fair to all those involved. It isn't fair to other players who do make practice each day and go through some of the same things.

If I have to many family problems and miss work, sooner or later I will be fired

I vastly disagree and dare any of you to say these things to guys like Toby Foreman. This is about holding everyone to the same level and making sure they are responsible for themselves. I hate any teenager having to deal with those type of things but if you can't hold down your responsibilities to your team then you shouldn't be a part of it. That isn't being cruel, that is being fair to all those involved. It isn't fair to other players who do make practice each day and go through some of the same things.

Everyone is not equal
There is not a Team out there where everyone is Equal. ....its 2015 not 1975

Yep. Saw Deionte sipping sprite from a can 85% of practices instead of working...it's what got him to Bama

Really! I thought it was all the hard work the young man has put in to it and all the sacrifices his parents have made to help him get where he is at! Whats DT situation have to do with the shaw kid?

I'm glad the kid still holds a scholarship to La. Tech. First of all if it was my kid which he isn't I would've had a lot to say about his situation to CT, TF or ect. An you're right u suppose to be held accountable for your actions! If that was the situation about his family problems nobody knows nor probably nobody ask. We can go on & on about this but we're all looking from the outside looking in. I'm a firm believer about no practice no play! All I saying is that the kid went thru 2 offseason & played 5 games this year & then removed for the team. He still should've been able to sign with his friends. I was told by some of the same kids that sign yesterday. That they think it wasn't fair to Johnny but it's nothing they could do about it. They also said there friendship is more important then football & they're 112% behind Johnny, plus nothing going to come between that.

I don't mean My statements solely on Johnny. More broad opinion that if you're off team, you're off team. I'm sure same kids missed him at team dinners and other events. That's part of consequence for actions. If you're booted out of school for not showing up, still have passing grades, should you walk at graduation? No. You were taken out of the school as a whole and you can't go back and bend the punishment. Kinda applaud CT for standing by his punishment. It's rare you hear him kick guys off team. There were two this year and the first one, well....

Simple. It's a point to show even DT at WOS is expected to put in work. I don't buy the notion Shaw was treated as some castoff or black swan. He didn't practice enough to satisfy coaches so he was removed

So he should have practiced when he had strep and a fracture? Is he related to Jack Youngblood or something? 

WShawe name="Gabe" post="1632721" timestamp="1423171764"]

Fact is he didn't go to practice and had a brother who found time to be at practice. That's all I know[/quote]

Not True. ....
In that case more than shaw should've been dismissed from the Team....fact is I personally heard What our AD had to say about Shaw..

that is funny. you are explaining to a WOS fan the loopholes in recruiting high school football plays...........

Fox we don't do any recruiting @ WOS. We just reload. I guess u saying that bekuz we have a winning record better then your HS Team!