J. Shaw of WOS not getting to sign his letter of intent to La. Tech with his teammates

Kj Dad

He has to sign @ 2 while everybody else sign there letter of intent @ 9. Wow, being a parent of a child that goes to WOS I would be upset if it was my child. That's not a good look for WOS. No matter the situation the kid still should be able to sign with his teammates.

Hard to say with out having all the information but I will say that while I would rather they all sign together, as they made the journey to signing day that way, I disagree with 'No matter the situation' part.

Luckily the power to make sure none of those situations happen is in the control of the student athlete.

they make this too big of an issue and the rest of the story will come out.

How is this too much of a big issue? If it was your child how would u feel? I glad the kid still going to college, but whats wrong is wrong & everybody intitled to there own opinion.

I just read this article, seems like there is something missing. Otherwise this is just plain mean and hurtful. Not finishing the season due to injury doesn't mean someone is not part of the team. Why would they have separate signings for anyone. This morning we are havig football, baseball and soccer all signing together. It is an accomplisment for all of these students and not setting an example of entitlement of one player or one sport over the other. This just doesn't look good.

He has to sign @ 2 while everybody else sign there letter of intent @ 9. Wow, being a parent of a child that goes to WOS I would be upset if it was my child. That's not a good look for WOS. No matter the situation the kid still should be able to sign with his teammates.

Why does he have to sign at 2, instead of at 9?

Just reading this thread, I don't know whether or not it may be the KID who has a previous engagement and is unable to be there at the signing session........

The dad is upset according to a news article I read and feels his son is being excluded. So, I wouldn't think the kid chose a different time.

Obviously I don't know for certain, but he RUMOR was that young Mr. Shaw was no longer on the team, but not because of his bum ankle.  

Give me a break.... who really believes that WOS is excluding a kid from the rest of the team's signing ceremony because he got hurt late in the season?

Hypothetically speaking, if a kid quits the team halfway through the season (or gets kicked off of the team) but still gets and offer, should he get to sign along with this former teammates?  That's a different question.  

The bottom line is, he still gets to sign. We need to take emotion out of this. The lesson he will learn from this is his teammates & he are on different paths on Life. WeAll can't do everything together, that sounded good as little kids, but it's just not reality. Congrats to All of the signees. Be Thankful because I personally know a lot of kids that aren't signing anything. I'm sure if the opportunity arose, they could care less if they signed with the group; although I truly understand why this young man would want to be a part of the festivities. Hopefully no feelings will be too badly hurt & All involved can move forward