Willie Ray Smith Finalists Named

WOSgrad

What criteria are used by voters to select a nominee as:

(1) a finalist for the WRS award; and,

(2) the winner of the WRS award?

Overall Ws and Ls, stats, level of competition, head to head games, and the ever elusive, "he's a leader or he's a winner"?  I am not being critical or a smart aleck.  Just asking so I can analyze the nominees using the same criteria.  Also, if an actual voter would please rank the significance of each element used to evaluate a nominee that would be helpful.

What criteria would Coach WRS use to evaluate players?  I do not know.  Never met him.  Again, just asking.

Thanks, Gracias, Merci.

Just tell me who all has a vote and I'll tell you who is going to win.   ;)

But seriously, I think DT wins easily on Defense.

Offensively, if it goes by stats then it's Morse.  If you go by who's team would fall apart if that player was removed, then it would be between Jacquet and Seay.  I would give Jacquet the nod over Seay only because Jacquet is more of the complete package (running and throwing).  Seay could only beat you running.

All that to say:

Jacquet and DT will likely win this award.

This is my first year to vote. No guidelines were given to me as to how to vote. Just given a list of players and their stats which were nominated by their coaches, and then it is my personal vote using whatever criteria I feel necessary. I understand this to be the case for all who votes. Everyone that votes has their own way of voting.

I personally consider many things: stats, team success, character, etc. I even will give the nod to a senior over a junior, but that's just me.

This is my first year to vote. No guidelines were given to me as to how to vote. Just given a list of players and their stats which were nominated by their coaches, and then it is my personal vote using whatever criteria I feel necessary. I understand this to be the case for all who votes. Everyone that votes has their own way of voting.

I personally consider many things: stats, team success, character, etc. I even will give the nod to a senior over a junior, but that's just me.

Aggie, what about if they have ever hated on Silsbee.  Would that be a deal-breaker for you?  :)

There has to be some unusual criteria because I seem to remember linemen, winning in the past.

Aggie, what about if they have ever hated on Silsbee.  Would that be a deal-breaker for you?  :)

There has to be some unusual criteria because I seem to remember linemen, winning in the past.

No offensive lineman has ever won it but a few D-Line has won.

To your first question, who is "they"?

I believe jacquet and dt will win......but it would be nice if king won. . I haven't watched morse or saey play before but i have watch Jaqcuet. Yes King total offense numbers arent as big as other contenders but for him to accomplish 27 rushing tds & over 1950+ rushing yrds alone when every opponent main focus is to stop him because they believe he is all HF got is remarkable. Again congrats to all finalist.

Bravo AAW.  Thank you for responding and being honest.  Congratulations to all nominees, finalists, and winners.

Go Indians.  Peace. 

Let take two game ned vs central down 12 at the half seay puts his team on his back put them back in the lead and make the game winning tackle. Png game they couldnt stop him running are throwing and again the game winning tackle. This kid did it all year lose hes leading wr then lost another later in the year and the 5th game changed up his back feild. Then when was asked to make big stops on defense he did.

Honestly I could care less if you know them. College coaches know who they are...One has a D1 Scholarship and the other is a Junior who will get his. Both are very talented.

Ozenfinest sittin there like, "Man, those guys couldn't hold my jock". Meanwhile, King could run circles around O'finest and Padgett would just snap him in half like a toothpick. Smh