Willie Ray Smith Finalists Named

WOSgrad

According to the West Brook football site, they ran the ball 384 times and passed it 233 times. Not what I would call pass happy.

If a team runs the ball for 65% of the game, but the coach calls passes every 3rd down and every short yard situation. Even inside the redzone or at the goaline. Wouldn't that make the coach pass happy?

King and his team can only play who is on the schedule . If im not mistaken Wos went too state , hj went to regionals should have went to qtr finals and o field went too area . Those two teams were ranked all year so according too that way of looking at it the district wasnt that weak. 3 teams won playoff games and had really good players , just look at the super gold team . You have an Ax to grind with WRS voters cause they didnt make the kid a finalist , like i said its not 6A award . Face it on here talking crap and downing another player about where he plays at (like its his fault) isnt gonna get the kid any closer to that award . I really hope the person im talking with is no more than 25 cause if you are older dude , you should be ashamed of yourself . Now ignore that !!!

Dude you must have a mental block or something! I'm not downing King, I'm using the exact same logic that was used when it was stated that Smith benefited from other players on his team. Last time I checked, this was a sports message board. We come here to voice our opinions about Highschool sports. Well it is my opinion that Demarcus Smith is a better football player than Kendrick King. I don't know what I have to be ashamed of. You should be ashamed of your comprehension skills. Talk about slow boogey. Smh and Lmbo at the same time.

Last i check it was 4 Qb that were the finalist i keep hearing you say king , but you arent mentioning the other 3 . So what does that say , are you saying that that the other 3 are more worthy than king ? I dont see you using that same logic with the others in your useless babbling. By the way king natural position is a running back . He is behind a not so very good line and he took a lot of losses and sacks in the shotgun , but still managed over 2400 total yards (over 1800 rushing ) and 37 tds . But since he goes against "weak" comp as you say that should be held against him ? Well then my friend it seems you missed the point and since you keep on with the name calling then i will return the favor to a stupid idiot making a stupid argument over something that isnt gonna change . I was told long ago if you argue with a fool long enough , you will become one . So im done talking too this bufoon !! Good luck to the 8 finalist ESPECIALLY MR KING !! Now Ignore that .

I think in most cases(WOS kids being exempt) a lot of these small towns kids get overhyped by its hometown folks because they are really good in smaller classifications but probably wouldn't start at some of the bigger schools in SETX. I never seen the King kid  play but I highly doubt that he is better than Smith or Dauphine. Like I said the WRS award is bogus.

Last i check it was 4 Qb that were the finalist i keep hearing you say king , but you arent mentioning the other 3 . So what does that say , are you saying that that the other 3 are more worthy than king ? I dont see you using that same logic with the others in your useless babbling. By the way king natural position is a running back . He is behind a not so very good line and he took a lot of losses and sacks in the shotgun , but still managed over 2400 total yards (over 1800 rushing ) and 37 tds . But since he goes against "weak" comp as you say that should be held against him ? Well then my friend it seems you missed the point and since you keep on with the name calling then i will return the favor to a stupid idiot making a stupid argument over something that isnt gonna change . I was told long ago if you argue with a fool long enough , you will become one . So im done talking too this bufoon !! Good luck to the 8 finalist ESPECIALLY MR KING !! Now Ignore that .

Hey moron, if you reread the thread, you would see that I was responding to a post comparing Smith and King. Your imbecilic brain just jumped to conclusions and couldn't comprehend what I was stating. This was never an argument from my end. It was me responding to your blockheaded points which you changed every time you posted. Lmbo... And when did I ever say anything about changing the award? I said the WRS award has become a joke. Oh and you started name calling first dumb dumb. You should read my signature and move on chump. Lol...

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1629373" timestamp="1422474036"]

Hey moron, if you reread the thread, you would see that I was responding to a post comparing Smith and King. Your imbecilic brain just jumped to conclusions and couldn't comprehend what I was stating. This was never an argument from my end. It was me responding to your blockheaded points which you changed every time you posted. Lmbo... And when did I ever say anything about changing the award? I said the WRS award has become a joke. Oh and you started name calling first dumb dumb. You should read my signature and move on chump. Lol...[/quote. Yawn !!!

I think in most cases(WOS kids being exempt) a lot of these small towns kids get overhyped by its hometown folks because they are really good in smaller classifications but probably wouldn't start at some of the bigger schools in SETX. I never seen the King kid play but I highly doubt that he is better than Smith or Dauphine. Like I said the WRS award is bogus.

so why does wos kids get exempt? They are a lil ole small school , like i said i didnt know WRS award was a big 6A school award .

Smh....i knew this thread would eventually turn to this. I will not sit here and debate who is better beacause i haven't watched or seen any film on Smith or dauphine. And for anyone to sit here and say King couldnt possibly be desevering enough to be a finalist without seeing him personally play or any hudl highlights.....is the dumbest thing i heard.....reading thru this thread i seen some say he or as yall put it small schools players couldnt still make on higher school classification teams. Ok i see yal gave sterling cole his props. Well here is some other small town boys from hf who still shined on higher school level. Colton kimler went to Ned, Brent Haflin,Ky Walker went to png,bryan sturges went to houston area school and did great wonders. So dnt say its not possible. I know for a fact some these same higher classification school reached out thru family members and friends that play,attend, teach in those higher districts in setx to try get king to transfer. Like i said i will not say who is better cause i havent seen dauphine or smith play...All i will say is good luck to all finalist and im extremly proud of my nephew King.

Obviously Kendrick wouldn't be able to dominate a game from three positions like he has at H-F but you plug him into RB at the 6a level he may lose 100-300 yards on his total but only because most 6A schools have TWO good running backs. King is deserving yes without a doubt. But to not have Demarcus Smith on here is questionable to say the least.