Liberty

Skilled95

No growth in Liberty(wealth=greed),born there in 1949,moved to Dayt 1957 ,take out the(option) students from Ames,Raywood,Devers=Liberty drops@least 1 classification.Last year Panth went deep=51 yrs ago=won quarterfinal vs Taylor 38-22 in 1963,since 4 bi-dist wins 93-97-02-04=no continuity then=none lately=who wants a mediocre coaching job when the growth is stagnant?Most significant tax base is in Raywood/Devers/Hankamer area w/oil/gas reserves,boocoo acres of once large ag production to build on.Hasn't been very long ago(90's) all of Liberty got flooded by Trinity river,the mid/ north end now protected by a man-made levy.

Why all this hate on Liberty. It is what it is. The last head coach/AD ruined the program due to his lack of care about the program. The kids that have moved from Liberty have done so because there family has moved due to divorce, housig issues, ect, not just because they wanted to move to a better program.  Kids just can't pick and choose which school they want to attend. You have to live in that district. I would love for my daughter to go to school in Dayton but I live in Liberty. The athletic facilities are horrible but the football field minus the locker rooms is one of the best in the district. Give them some time and they will be competitive again. The current Jr. high kide are a very talented class.

Why all this hate on Liberty. It is what it is. The last head coach/AD ruined the program due to his lack of care about the program. The kids that have moved from Liberty have done so because there family has moved due to divorce, housig issues, ect, not just because they wanted to move to a better program. Kids just can't pick and choose which school they want to attend. You have to live in that district. I would love for my daughter to go to school in Dayton but I live in Liberty. The athletic facilities are horrible but the football field minus the locker rooms is one of the best in the district. Give them some time and they will be competitive again. The current Jr. high kide are a very talented class.

Which last AD? Deel ?

Why all this hate on Liberty. It is what it is. The last head coach/AD ruined the program due to his lack of care about the program. The kids that have moved from Liberty have done so because there family has moved due to divorce, housig issues, ect, not just because they wanted to move to a better program. Kids just can't pick and choose which school they want to attend. You have to live in that district. I would love for my daughter to go to school in Dayton but I live in Liberty. The athletic facilities are horrible but the football field minus the locker rooms is one of the best in the district. Give them some time and they will be competitive again. The current Jr. high kide are a very talented class.

Coach Hacker, Stewart, or Deel?

I remember the years I played against Liberty, The years prior and a few years after they had Very good teams and athletes. I played them 94-97. I guess if they are not getting bigger it will happen.

2011-2014 Liberty had and still has plenty of size. All about the personnel. Trust me I know what I'm talking about.

Coach Hacker, Stewart, or Deel?

Deel. His last year he had 3 players who are playing D1 ball right now and couldn't do anything with them. He just didn't care. Players went home after school on game days. He didn't attend pep rallys. Players faked injuries all week of practice then allowed to play on fridays. ECT.

Deel. His last year he had 3 players who are playing D1 ball right now and couldn't do anything with them. He just didn't care. Players went home after school on game days. He didn't attend pep rallys. Players faked injuries all week of practice then allowed to play on fridays. ECT.

Liberty is a good example of the small town brother in law system.

2 things...first: Liberty does have horrible facilities..including the field. If you think the field is nice then you've never been outside of Liberty county. And if you think it's the nicest in the district...then that speaks volumes about this area. I can assure you..concrete bleachers on a field that is named after a war is waaaayyy too old to be anywhere near nice.

2nd: kids absolutely CAN choose where they want to go to school. Almost every school in the state accepts out of district transfers for financial reasons..among others. If a kid is in high school and wants to go to school somewhere relatively close...it's happening. Have to live in the schools district...give me a break. That is definitely the Southeast Texas statement of the year. And probably is part of the reason it's so crappy at Liberty...1970 mindset.

2 things...first: Liberty does have horrible facilities..including the field. If you think the field is nice then you've never been outside of Liberty county. And if you think it's the nicest in the district...then that speaks volumes about this area. I can assure you..concrete bleachers on a field that is named after a war is waaaayyy too old to be anywhere near nice.

2nd: kids absolutely CAN choose where they want to go to school. Almost every school in the state accepts out of district transfers for financial reasons..among others. If a kid is in high school and wants to go to school somewhere relatively close...it's happening. Have to live in the schools district...give me a break. That is definitely the Southeast Texas statement of the year. And probably is part of the reason it's so crappy at Liberty...1970 mindset.

I'll give you the 1970's mindset and your second hypothesis of Liberty is so correct. War Memorial Stadium in Liberty is "Historic" think of the Chicago Cubs Wrigley Field very much so comparisons of Liberty's football field by criticism of bring old and outdated, but truthfully a nice facility. I guess not having a grass playing surface and bleachers way up to the sky justifies the facility.

1. The Grass is fine adds that good tradition
2. Locker room upgrades and renovations is needed
3. Maybe a bond will be passed to build a Field House Gymnasium where the current gym is located right by the field.

I'll give you the 1970's mindset and your second hypothesis of Liberty is so correct. War Memorial Stadium in Liberty is "Historic" think of the Chicago Cubs Wrigley Field very much so comparisons of Liberty's football field by criticism of bring old and outdated, but truthfully a nice facility. I guess not having a grass playing surface and bleachers way up to the sky justifies the facility.

1. The Grass is fine adds that good tradition
2. Locker room upgrades and renovations is needed
3. Maybe a bond will be passed to build a Field House Gymnasium where the current gym is located right by the field.

That field needs a bomb dropped on it so they can start over.

See what I mean. All this hate for Liberty. You would think they were a dynasty or something. I stand corrected on students transfering. But as far as the stadium and field, it is better than Cleveland, Coldspring, Tarkington, Shepard, Hampshife Fannett, Anahuac, Hull Dasietta, West Hardin.

See what I mean. All this hate for Liberty. You would think they were a dynasty or something. I stand corrected on students transfering. But as far as the stadium and field, it is better than Cleveland, Coldspring, Tarkington, Shepard, Hampshife Fannett, Anahuac, Hull Dasietta, West Hardin.

Don't take it personal. Every school you listed is also a dump. Liberty has a better stadium than those schools...maybe you're right. Trust me man that's not saying a whole lot.

But I will say this...I bet every one of those schools probably have some type of athletic building (weight room, field house, locker room, gym, etc...)that was built since the kids in the high school have been alive. When was the most recent thing to do with Liberty High School athletics built? What? And what year?

Don't take it personal. Every school you listed is also a dump. Liberty has a better stadium than those schools...maybe you're right. Trust me man that's not saying a whole lot.

But I will say this...I bet every one of those schools probably have some type of athletic building (weight room, field house, locker room, gym, etc...)that was built since the kids in the high school have been alive. When was the most recent thing to do with Liberty High School athletics built? What? And what year?

Tradition is everything! Those weight rooms, locker/dressing rooms are old, but have been renovated. The Basketball Gym is Historic as well. They just renovated the Hardwood floors too. As far as Rankings for the nicer football facilities of 4A Division II Region 3 District 9.

#1. Dan R. Hooks Stadium - West Orange Stark

#2. War Memorial Stadium - Liberty

#3 Hawk Stadium - Hardin Jefferson

#4 Longhorn Stadium - Hamshire Fannett

#5 F. L. McClain Stadium - Orangefield

Does that clarify everything for you? I believe WO-S Field has Concrete bleachers as well, but the're taller than Liberty's and regular grass too for the playing surface.

New facilities does not translate to wins look at Coldspring their locker rooms, weight room, and field are nothing special at all actually very poor but they win bc they have bought into a program and a mindset. New facilities don't mean jack if no one is going to lead the kids and get them to buy into the program.

New facilities does not translate to wins look at Coldspring their locker rooms, weight room, and field are nothing special at all actually very poor but they win bc they have bought into a program and a mindset. New facilities don't mean jack if no one is going to lead the kids and get them to buy into the program.

They (Coldspring) win because they have better athletes than all the other teams in the area. Just like everyone else around here tho...soon as they meet someone out of the area they lose....cough cough Tatum. Speaking of.. Ask anyone at Tatum if facilities matter. Or Carthage...or Gilmer..

There's a big difference in winning 10+ games and an early exit and 10+ games and a deep run.

So True!

Tradition is everything! Those weight rooms, locker/dressing rooms are old, but have been renovated. The Basketball Gym is Historic as well. They just renovated the Hardwood floors too. As far as Rankings for the nicer football facilities of 4A Division II Region 3 District 9.

#1. Dan R. Hooks Stadium - West Orange Stark

#2. War Memorial Stadium - Liberty

#3 Hawk Stadium - Hardin Jefferson

#4 Longhorn Stadium - Hamshire Fannett

#5 F. L. McClain Stadium - Orangefield

Does that clarify everything for you? I believe WO-S Field has Concrete bleachers as well, but the're taller than Liberty's and regular grass too for the playing surface.

Historic and old is just that...historic and old