WOS Mustangs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

tennisbc

Ok I'll take a look but they beat some pretty salty teams in the playoffs regardless.

well like I said earlier.....we beat about 15 years worth of state championship tradition between LE, Tatum, Carthage and Dangerfield. I know they were all down, but we didn't schedule down. The teams just didn't live up to the tradition. Personally I think we should drop our long standing game with D'field. Once proud tradition is in a downward spiral and they just don't give us much competition.

Let's be realistic. Wos beat a crappy liberty team, destroyed a Scarborough team that hasn't won a game in five years does that mean we are any less talented? Of course not. I don't care how good or bad you may think a team is cause you can only cruise through the playoffs for so long then you have to earn it. Gilmer and Wos are not in the championship game because one had an easier road to travel. Both had to play their best to reach this stage. I believe this game can go either way. Depends on who executes their game plan the best. That being said "LETS GO MUSTANGS".

Technically Gilmer had an easy road. You put wos on a schedule with one team over .500 and see how many points they score too. I spent the last half hour putting records together and gilmer has 1 team that was over .500 to wos' 6 teams. Gilmers overall schedule record was 40W-60L before the playoffs and 77W- 73L after. Wos 60W-40L before playoffs and 92W-58L after.

Technically Gilmer had an easy road. You put wos on a schedule with one team over .500 and see how many points they score too. I spent the last half hour putting records together and gilmer has 1 team that was over .500 to wos' 6 teams. Gilmers overall schedule record was 40W-60L before the playoffs and 77W- 73L after. Wos 60W-40L before playoffs and 92W-58L after.

Wow, that sheds some new light on things. Maybe a little false sense of cockiness??? Maybe they narrowly escaped GW because that was the first decent team they played???

I guess I am missing something on the schedule. Gilmer played:

Liberty-Eylau 8-6

Tatum 7-6

Bullard 7-4

Pleasant Grove 6-5

Connally 7-5

Gladewater 11-2

Atlanta 12-2

Celina 13-3

If you win more than you lose, does that make you "above .500"? I am counting 8 teams with records "above .500". 3 of them prior to the playoffs. It is also worthy of note that Gilmer ended up with one of the highest scoring totals in the history of Texas High School Football. You can say that WOS played a tougher pre-district schedule but you also have to mention that WOS got beat in two games as well. Getting beat by "good" teams is not impressive or a badge of honor.

Well it's the things that most people don't see. I'm not saying it didn't get strightened out but there were several extracurricular activities that were near the end of the game. That's all. Not saying that Sinton had bad sportmanship at all. Just expressing my opinion. It's the feeling you get when you know you are beat and sometimes emotions get the best of you.

I guess I am missing something on the schedule. Gilmer played:

Liberty-Eylau 8-6
Tatum 7-6
Bullard 7-4
Pleasant Grove 6-5
Connally 7-5
Gladewater 11-2
Atlanta 12-2
Celina 13-3

If you win more than you lose, does that make you "above .500"? I am counting 8 teams with records "above .500". 3 of them prior to the playoffs. It is also worthy of note that Gilmer ended up with one of the highest scoring totals in the history of Texas High School Football. You can say that WOS played a tougher pre-district schedule but you also have to mention that WOS got beat in two games as well. Getting beat by "good" teams is not impressive or a badge of honor.

liberty 5-5
pine tree 1-9
Tatum 5-5
danger field 1-9
Carthage 5-5
Melissa 4-6
canton 5-5
BULLARD 7-3 ONLY TEAM ABOVE 500 BEFORE PLAYOFFS!!!
community 3-7
rains 4-6

do I need to post the scores too? Anahuac could have went at least 8-2 with this schedule.