why??

Big girl

the subject shot at them before they saw the gun, and they were able to immediately make the determination that he was shooting a bb gun before having to make a split decision on what to do. Had he pulled out a bb pistol while they were trying to arrest him, and they did not know what it was, he would've been shot. I'm not surprised that you can't see the difference in these cases, though. you're blind to reason, as you're blinded by race.

Police: Man arrested after shooting BB gun toward officers

By Andy Hershberger, News Reporter

Published On: Sep 24 2014 06:42:24 AM EDT 
Updated On: Sep 24 2014 05:44:13 PM EDT

THE SHOOTER IS WHITE. He was shooting at officier, so why wasnt he shot?

Really? Did you actually read the article or did you (typically) stop at the headlines.

Let me paraphrase the case for you as it was reported. Officers heard what they thought was a BB gun. They did not see someone firing on them so there was nobody to return fire at. The suspect was located inside of an apartment, not on the street attacking an officer. 

In fact (you'll love this one), the arrest was made two weeks after the incident. That's right, it took two weeks to get enough evidence to find out for sure who was shooting in the direction of the officers. I guess you think they should have kicked the door down and shot him because he was white? 

Reading is FUNdamental. You should try it out. 

the subject shot at them before they saw the gun, and they were able to immediately make the determination that he was shooting a bb gun before having to make a split decision on what to do. Had he pulled out a bb pistol while they were trying to arrest him, and they did not know what it was, he would've been shot. I'm not surprised that you can't see the difference in these cases, though. you're blind to reason, as you're blinded by race.

whatever. The black guy with the bb gun was shot and the neighbor who called the police said it could possibly be a bb gun.

If he were black he, more than likely, would be dead.

Aren't you black? Are you dead? Why hasn't a police officer shot you? Maybe because you weren't robbing a store, assaulting a police officer, pointing a gun at them. Wierd how that works isn't it? Even though you are black, you got a job, a house, and haven't been shot by the police. Maybe it isn't your color, maybe it is the things you do. Same for the morons who keep getting arrested or shot. Not their color, the things they do are the problem.

whatever. The black guy with the bb gun was shot and the neighbor who called the police said it could possibly be a bb gun.

I am assuming that (geez... yet again) your are ignoring that the police in this case never saw a guy with a gun in the case you cited and it took two weeks to investigate and find who it was. It was a two week incident, not a 5 second incident.

Also, although the person that reported the kid with the gun said that it might be (not confirmed) a BB gun, it was never relayed to the responding officers. 

That sounds more like a dispatcher problem than an officer problem. But... I know details get in the way of reality.

Carry on.

Aren't you black? Are you dead? Why hasn't a police officer shot you? Maybe because you weren't robbing a store, assaulting a police officer, pointing a gun at them. Wierd how that works isn't it? Even though you are black, you got a job, a house, and haven't been shot by the police. Maybe it isn't your color, maybe it is the things you do. Same for the morons who keep getting arrested or shot. Not their color, the things they do are the problem.

This is the best post that I have ever read on this website!!! This statement should be on t- shirts and billboards across the country!!!

I worry about my kids. My oldest is 6"4 and some cop or vigilant may feel threatened by him. I wouldn't let him walk 1/4 of a mile to thr store. He has an urban hair style, he is tall and
black, and he doesnt smile a lot. He is a very serious fella. You guys can laugh, but my concerns a are valid and the struggle is real.

I am assuming that (geez... yet again) your are ignoring that the police in this case never saw a guy with a gun in the case you cited and it took two weeks to investigate and find who it was. It was a two week incident, not a 5 second incident.

Also, although the person that reported the kid with the gun said that it might be (not confirmed) a BB gun, it was never relayed to the responding officers.

That sounds more like a dispatcher problem than an officer problem. But... I know details get in the way of reality.
Carry on.

they wouldve searched and apprehended him or shot him.