2 YEARS

new tobie

From the last two elections, Big Girl has come to the following conclusion

32 Republican Governorships makes it look dim for the Republicans.

Biggest House of Representatives Majority in decades makes it look dim for the Republicans

Newly gained control of the senate makes it look dim for the republicans

Control of 70% of state legislatures by the Repubs makes is look dim for them

IN 24 states, Repubs have control of the state legislature as well as the governorship- another dim
indicator for the Republicans

Montana elects its first Republican senator in 100 years and West Virginia its first Republican senator since 1956. Two more very dim indicators for the Republicans.

Big Girl- Let me congratulate you on your insightful analysis of the political landscape.

If they don't show up, then it may be a stretch to call them supporters. If anyone believes that one party will always has control, he or she needs to wake up. When the country moves either to the left or to the right, the populace often decides that the country has moved too far in one direction and the pendulum thus swings back the other way. My guess is that will never change. I believe the current administration misjudged how much leeway they were going to be given by the public and the last two mid term elections (decisive losses) are statements that you can only go so far in one direction before the public says enough is enough