SEC, Aggies scared of the Texas Longhorns

STiger85

Seen a article that FOXsports reported that the SEC will do what they can to block a Longhorn/Aggie blow game. There reason is the SEC is scared the Longhorns will beat the Aggies and thus lure away recruits from the Aggies and the SEC. That's something aint it. Hook em Horns.

Again a article written by a TEXAS sports beat writer stating that the SEC (Bad Guys) are scared of Texas (Good Guys) - I have searched the net and found no other references to this statement that the "SEC will not let the Aggie's play Texas" - There is NO WAY that this article is Biased for Texas and against the SEC and Aggie's is there  :rolleyes:

The story on FOX Sports was just commenting on what the Texas Sports beat writer stated and as always most (not all) Texas fans and Aggie haters are taking this article by a TEXAS SPORTS BEAT writer as fact - when this guy has been proven wrong more time than he has right.

It could be true but using Brown as your only source is questionable at best and outright wrong at worst.  Is it true - as an Aggie I doubt it and hope it is not true - and do I think the SEC and Texas A&M is running scared of the Texas Long

I Know I Know a typical Aggie and can't finish a complete sentence  :lol:

It could be true but using Brown as your only source is questionable at best and outright wrong at worst.  Is it true - as an Aggie I doubt it and hope it is not true - and do I think the SEC and Texas A&M is running scared of the Texas Longhorns - No I do not.

chron.com

COLLEGE STATION – Texas A&M has an answer to some speculation from outsiders that the Aggies are perhaps “ducking” an opportunity to play one-time rival Texas in the Advocare V100 Texas Bowl: No, they’re not.

Allow A&M athletic director Eric Hyman, whom I visited with at the A&M women’s basketball game on Wednesday night, to explain.

“Quite frankly, that’s a decision made by the conference,” said Hyman, who was taking in No. 5 A&M’s 76-55 whipping of Rice in Reed Arena. “The configuration is so different than it’s been in the past. They ask us to rank the bowls, and they ask the bowls to rank us. The (SEC) then ranks all the different teams from that, and that’s how the selection will be made.

“It doesn’t matter if I speculate about playing this team or that team in a bowl. It’s out of our control. … Wherever they tee us up, we’ll play.”

Hyman, who owns a reputation as a straight shooter, said the notion the Aggies are trying to get out of playing the Longhorns, for whatever reason or reasons, is absolutely unfounded.

“It goes back to what the league does, and how the bowl selection has changed dramatically from the past,” Hyman said. “You don’t really have a lot of say, the conference office picks who they want. And they try to match them up.”

I really don't believe 'anyone' will want to face Texas 5 years down the road.

You may well be right - throughout its history Texas football has only short serious downturns.

But we will have to see - I have stated and believe that Texas for most of its history was one of the "real" Big Dogs in college football and in that I mean with reputation, facilities and well almost everything.  But the world is changing and while Texas still has retained some to the reputation they have lost their lead and lost serious ground with facilities and other benefits that they controlled through out that history.  It is yet to be determined if Texas can regain the year in and  year out supremacy that it once had - I think it will become harder (and almost impossible) for Texas and any school to be the "Bog Dog" year in and year out in the future.  

Case and point lets see how much longer Alabama can be to Dog - if anyone in today's structure can Alabama can. 

Good point(s) old timer. I agree with all you've stated. I believe the progress we've seen the past 3 games by Texas (albeit against the middle of the big 12 pack) has a good percentage of the fan base a bit more excited about the future. But then again, we've been looking for anything positive to brighten our spirit, get a little confidence back, and feel good about team once again. Just think what would be said if the horns hadn't become bowl eligible.

Good point(s) old timer. I agree with all you've stated. I believe the progress we've seen the past 3 games by Texas (albeit against the middle of the big 12 pack) has a good percentage of the fan base a bit more excited about the future. But then again, we've been looking for anything positive to brighten our spirit, get a little confidence back, and feel good about team once again. Just think what would be said if the horns hadn't become bowl eligible.

West Virginia is a solid team. Ask Alabama. I personally wouldn't be as excited about our prospects without that dominating win against a quality team.