Orangefield Bobcats (7-4) vs La Grange Leopards (11-0)

Rematch from the last time the Bobcats were in the Area Round back in 2003. Don't know much about La Grange. They beat 4th place Columbus last night 35-0. Here are their scores from this year:

Liberty Hill, 24-7

Columbus, 29-6

La Vernia, 34-22

Taylor, 42-22

Fredericksburg, 34-7

Yoakum, 42-17

DISTRICT

Smithville, 49-0

Caldwell, 56-34

Giddings, 56-39

Salado, 52-7

PLAYOFFS

Columbus, 35-0

I believe they are a run oriented team that has a kid that is a beast. Stop him, you have a good shot to win. With OF defensive strenght being the run, this could get interesting. Also looks like LG gives up some points on the defensive side.(Not last nights game) Logic says LaGrange but heart says Bobcats. Either way, LaGrange better not think its a walk in the park.

Thank you MoFo and congrats to yall. It was a great game to watch. If our O line plays like that next week then I feel real good about our chances. We gave up some run yards but man that qb was elusive. Our secondary played lights out though. Good luck to yall and hope to see the hawks again soon.

Rematch from the last time the Bobcats were in the Area Round back in 2003. Don't know much about La Grange. They beat 4th place Columbus last night 35-0. Here are their scores from this year:

Liberty Hill, 24-7
Columbus, 29-6
La Vernia, 34-22
Taylor, 42-22
Fredericksburg, 34-7
Yoakum, 42-17

DISTRICT
Smithville, 49-0
Caldwell, 56-34
Giddings, 56-39
Salado, 52-7

PLAYOFFS
Columbus, 35-0

One thing that glares out at me is that the better teams have been able to throw some points up on them. Hopefully OF can find their rhythm, get some momentum, and knock them out.

Only glaring hole I saw was the 3 fumbles. They will kill you in the playoffs. Other than that the OF offense clicked really well.

And IMO, those fumbles were a huge reason Kashmere hung with them. You take away 2 of them and Orangefield puts it away in the 3rd quarter. Dont get me wrong, the passes were getting the job done but the fumbles were more detrimental.

Liberty Hill, 24-7
Columbus, 29-6
La Vernia, 34-22
Taylor, 42-22
Fredericksburg, 34-7
Yoakum, 42-17

DISTRICT
Smithville, 49-0
Caldwell, 56-34
Giddings, 56-39
Salado, 52-7

PLAYOFFS
Columbus, 35-0

I heard Orangfield should have beat La Grange in 2003. I might be wrong, but Orangfield threw a INT inside the 10 about to score with only a minute left.

I remember the Orangefield running back that year. Sauceda? Was that the year Liberty went undefeated and lost to OF in the Bi-District game? In Liberty?

That was 2002 Liberty went 6-6 and beat Orangfield 14-10 in the first round and lost to state ranked Bellville 23-14 in the area round. Sauceda was a talented man. Super fast