Orangefield 49 Hamshire-Fannett 14/Final

WOSgrad

5-5,1-3 in district and thanks to the UIL realignment HF is in the playoffs.  The state may want to reconsider the number of teams that are granted the "privilege" to make the playoffs.  Not quite sure "earned" would be the term I would use in this particular case.  5-5 is an improvement from years past for the Horns but still not what is expected from such a playoff traditional community.  I hope next year will bring changes for the better and the playoff tradition will continue to be "earned"!  Good luck next week!  GO HORNS!  

AMEN !!

pardon me for my ignorance but who is carey and where does he coach ?

It came down to Harris and Coach Cary who at the time was the Assistant HC and OLine coach at PNG and Faircloths right hand man. He was Faircloths first hire. HF folks said they wanted someone with some roots in SETX so they would stick so they passed on Cary and went with the guy from 600 miles away that had never been to SETX before. When it happened we PNG fans let out a sigh of relief because we didn't wanna see Coach Cary and his wife go, but it was inevitable he would be a HC very soon and it happened in Feb. He is now HC at Crandall.

This was a great win for our kids. They wanted it and that showed . Aside from the Newton game , this is the best I've seen our defense play. I have said this for three years now, King is a great athlete but that staff is gonna beat him to death. They have rode him hard since he was a freshman. Good luck ahead.

This was a great win for our kids. They wanted it and that showed . Aside from the Newton game , this is the best I've seen our defense play. I have said this for three years now, King is a great athlete but that staff is gonna beat him to death. They have rode him hard since he was a freshman. Good luck ahead.

You said it perfect. Harris locked him in freshman year by putting him on varsity. Harris knew what he was doing by making this decision. Of course HF would suffer without him, however, I would like to see his talents nutured under a different program.

You said it perfect. Harris locked him in freshman year by putting him on varsity. Harris knew what he was doing by making this decision. Of course HF would suffer without him, however, I would like to see his talents nutured under a different program.

Yea that was probably Harris thought process by putting him on varsity....but harris was very close to losing king. If it wasnt for bond with junior football class. He would of been gone. As a very close family member i would of loved to see him in different program.....Probably playing running back. Which i think is his true postion.

Yea that was probably Harris thought process by putting him on varsity....but harris was very close to losing king. If it wasnt for bond with junior football class. He would of been gone. As a very close family member i would of loved to see him in different program.....Probably playing running back. Which i think is his true postion.

Yes Cary has done a great job with png... No district champ in a weak district ... Png gets beat by wos. .. Beat one team this year with a winning record.. Maybe two ... Great job

Cary is no longer at PNG. And last I checked PNG didn't beat anyone with a winning record this year. So whats your point?