#3 hj----------------35 
of-------------------28

wo-s---------------42 
of------------------14 

#4 hj------------54 
hf---------------39

wo-s------------54

hf---------------21

If I did my math right, then these games total a +50 or so in favor of WO-S. Of course that means absolutely nothing. Lol..

#1.hj----------------------27
lcm-----------------------7

wo-s--------------------29
lcm---------------------12

#2 hj-----------------35
jasper---------------21

wo-s----------------37
jasper--------------7

#3 hj----------------35
of-------------------28

wo-s---------------42
of------------------14

#4 hj------------54
hf---------------39

wo-s------------54
hf---------------21

HJ's defense was limiting some good offenses the first several weeks of the season. The last two games they gave up some points. I'm hoping that an off week to not only prepare, but also rest will help them. The OF game also could've easily been only 14 given up. No doubt WOS will get their points, the question will be whether or not HJ can get some timely stops and combine that with some of their newly trademarked 8 minute, 14-play drives. That will wear a defense down AND eat the clock. If they can do that a couple of times they have a shot.

2004 WOS 42, HJ 3

2005 WOS 68, HJ 13

2006 WOS 62, HJ 0

2007 WOS 64, HJ 0

2008 WOS 48, HJ 0

2009 WOS 29, HJ 10

2010 WOS 70, HJ 0

2011 WOS 58, HJ 6

2012 WOS 49, HJ 0

2013 WOS 46, HJ 6

HJ has scored 38 pts in 10 years combined against WOS...  I'm not saying you can't do it but you gotta prove yourself to get any credibility.  I have yet to hear what is SO dramatically improved this year to make me think you will win.  We've beaten the spread against every common opponent we've played last year and this year except for LCM. Good luck!

2004 WOS 42, HJ 3
2005 WOS 68, HJ 13
2006 WOS 62, HJ 0
2007 WOS 64, HJ 0
2008 WOS 48, HJ 0
2009 WOS 29, HJ 10
2010 WOS 70, HJ 0
2011 WOS 58, HJ 6
2012 WOS 49, HJ 0
2013 WOS 46, HJ 6

HJ has scored 38 pts in 10 years combined against WOS... I'm not saying you can't do it but you gotta prove yourself to get any credibility. I have yet to hear what is SO dramatically improved this year to make me think you will win. We've beaten the spread against every common opponent we've played last year and this year except for LCM. Good luck!

I came here for an inside look... And there it is... WOS big! I'd put money$ on that lol.

2004 WOS 42, HJ 3
2005 WOS 68, HJ 13
2006 WOS 62, HJ 0
2007 WOS 64, HJ 0
2008 WOS 48, HJ 0
2009 WOS 29, HJ 10
2010 WOS 70, HJ 0
2011 WOS 58, HJ 6
2012 WOS 49, HJ 0
2013 WOS 46, HJ 6

HJ has scored 38 pts in 10 years combined against WOS... I'm not saying you can't do it but you gotta prove yourself to get any credibility. I have yet to hear what is SO dramatically improved this year to make me think you will win. We've beaten the spread against every common opponent we've played last year and this year except for LCM. Good luck!

To me the fact that we're 8-0 against a pretty tough schedule says a lot. This team is much improved from last year. HJ improved a lot from start to finish last year in their new offense, and they've improved a whole lot more this year from the end of last as they've gotten comfortable with it. I'm not one of the HJ fans that think HJ is a favorite, or even thinks they have a great chance of winning. But they do have a team that is capable of pulling off the upset. I'll admit I'll be surprised if HJ wins, but I'll be a lot more surprised if WOS wins by more than a couple of TDs. If HJ can limit turnovers they should be able to sustain some drives and shorten the game. Their qb pressure should keep JD moving around and not give him the time to pick them apart in the secondary as badly as he's been doing to other teams the last couple of weeks. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I DO think that had HJ caught WOS at the beginning of district, when Dallas was still trying to find his rhythm and HJ was still fresh, HJ would've had a VERY good shot at the upset. But now that the stangs have their offense clicking to go along with that D, it's going to be a tough row to hoe for the hawks.

To me the fact that we're 8-0 against a pretty tough schedule says a lot. This team is much improved from last year. HJ improved a lot from start to finish last year in their new offense, and they've improved a whole lot more this year from the end of last as they've gotten comfortable with it. I'm not one of the HJ fans that think HJ is a favorite, or even thinks they have a great chance of winning. But they do have a team that is capable of pulling off the upset. I'll admit I'll be surprised if HJ wins, but I'll be a lot more surprised if WOS wins by more than a couple of TDs. If HJ can limit turnovers they should be able to sustain some drives and shorten the game. Their qb pressure should keep JD moving around and not give him the time to pick them apart in the secondary as badly as he's been doing to other teams the last couple of weeks. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I DO think that had HJ caught WOS at the beginning of district, when Dallas was still trying to find his rhythm and HJ was still fresh, HJ would've had a VERY good shot at the upset. But now that the stangs have their offense clicking to go along with that D, it's going to be a tough row to hoe for the hawks.

Granted, HJ is undefeated, which is impressive, and you can only play the teams on your schedule. Having said that, Tatum is 4-4, Jasper is 5-3, Center is 2-5, Kountze is 3-5, LC-M is 5-4, Orangefield is 5-4, HF is 4-4, and Kelly is a 4-5 Catholic school. It's not the most "cupcake" schedule, but it's FAR from "pretty tough." The best winning percentage among them is .625. Yes, they beat Tatum, who beat Newton. WO-S beat PN-G, who crushed Tyler Chapel Hill, who beat Tatum. All of the "we beat X who beat Y who beat Z" is so irrelevant that it's ridiculous. It's all about matchups, and there are certain teams whose skill sets match up with ours - teams who are always a threat to beat us even when we're flying high (Jasper, Newton, etc). If WO-S was coming in to this game with Cole at QB and Rutlege still on the team, this would be an easier win. Jack is doing REALLY well out there for anyone - much less a sophomore who was thrown in at the last minute. I don't care who you're playing - going 12 of 13 for 329 yards and SIX TDs is pretty dang good. I wish I could be there for this one, but it's Halloween and I'll have the kiddos. GO STANGS!

8 games into the season with 5 games against .500 teams or better with only two "easy" opponents on the schedule would amount to "pretty tough" to me. Arguments could certainly be made that kountze is a very good 3-5, with 4 of their 5 losses coming to teams with a combined record of something like 29-2. I guarantee you tatum is a VERY good 4-4 team, with three losses against top-10 teams in the state, and two of those by 7 or less. I'm not trying to make it out that the hawks have run a gauntlet or anything, but their schedule looks a lot better than some of the other lower classification teams around here who've run up 8-0 and 7-1 records while beating five or six teams that are 1-6 or 1-7. They've certainly played a schedule that will help them against WOS and tough playoff opponents.

8 games into the season with 5 games against .500 teams or better with only two "easy" opponents on the schedule would amount to "pretty tough" to me. Arguments could certainly be made that kountze is a very good 3-5, with 4 of their 5 losses coming to teams with a combined record of something like 29-2. I guarantee you tatum is a VERY good 4-4 team, with three losses against top-10 teams in the state, and two of those by 7 or less. I'm not trying to make it out that the hawks have run a gauntlet or anything, but their schedule looks a lot better than some of the other lower classification teams around here who've run up 8-0 and 7-1 records while beating five or six teams that are 1-6 or 1-7. They've certainly played a schedule that will help them against WOS and tough playoff opponents.

When that schedule when made, and earlier this year, would have been viewed as plenty tough. Losses in the recants weeks make it seem worse than it is. With the exception of the Kelly game, looked really tough to start the year.

This strength of schedule subject has gone on for a while now on the basketball side of things. I have seen obvious advantages there for a strong schedule but also some strong points of playing a weaker schedule. My question is due to the physicality of football and the limited number of games you can schedule is a strong schedule much of an advantage? I still believe you want your team to be tested and see how they respond. However, there can be a confidence boost in coming out on top and good chances to get your team clicking in games against what I would consider mid level teams. I don't see any benefit of blowout games although like has been mentioned you don't know for sure what you are going to get when scheduling.

IMO, how strong your district schedule is should determine how strong you schedule your non-district schedule. Examples like Navasota and La Marque who are in extremely weak districts should schedule a tough non-district. Teams like Carthage and Kilgore may look to play an easier non district because of how tough their district is.

In the case of HJ and WO-S, because they only play 4 district games, they had to schedule 6 non district games. IMO, the perfect way to have scheduled those 6 games would be to have 2 very tough games, 2 good games, 2 easy games. But, when you have to schedule that many non district games, the pickings get slim.

richmond foster  only gave up 2 yards  on the ground to the mustangs that night what has to be a record,of all my years watching the mustangs  play i never have seen that.happen..i belive RF was # 7 in the state at that time and it showed that night why they were. RF is a very large high school football team ,the defense live ave over 235 pounds up front and came after the stings all night .i got a feeling HJ will try and take a few pages from there play book on defense.

hj has lots on the line friday #1 dist champs #2 never beat wo-s #3 playing in front of a packed house # 4 trying to go 10-0 first time in there history o belive

richmond foster only gave up 2 yards on the ground to the mustangs that night what has to be a record,of all my years watching the mustangs play i never have seen that.happen..i belive RF was # 7 in the state at that time and it showed that night why they were. RF is a very large high school football team ,the defense live ave over 235 pounds up front and came after the stings all night .i got a feeling HJ will try and take a few pages from there play book on defense.

hj has lots on the line friday #1 dist champs #2 never beat wo-s #3 playing in front of a packed house # 4 trying to go 10-0 first time in there history o belive

It's also Senior Night. ;)

Another thing about HJs and wos's schedule is that 4 of the teams with records at .500 or a game over have 2 of their losses to HJ and WOS. OF was a good win for HJ at the time according to many on here. Is it not now that they've lost another game to WOS? If you look at jasper, they're a good team. If they don't schedule HJ and WOS, right now they're 7-1 and we're throwing them around as a team that's among the best in the area. LCM is another one that could be 6-2. Hard to judge a team based on their opponents record AFTER they beat them and make their record go from good to decent.