WOS vs HJ Halloween Night

bone

We did hold Tatum to only 5 first downs and they some gifted wideouts. Not equating them to your talent but the principle is the same.

I wouldn't compare Tatum to WOS, just as you wouldn't want to be compared to Orangefield. Check the numbers of our receivers and see if Tatum's receivers compare to ours.

The key to winning this game for WOS is if they can get penetration on the Dline, if our defense doesnt get penetration then it will be a long ride for the night. If we can hit that offense and limit that push then we will be fine. HJ is a new team and we respect that, if it were not so they wouldnt be 8-0. Like I said i give respect where it is do but I stand behind my team and if HJ wants it then they gotta come get it and if WOS wants it they better go get it from HJ. All in all you will see every body in the stands that havent been to HJ in years! Even the town hobos are ready for this one. Let the "Game of the Week" commence. Good luck to both teams and lets pray for no injuries and good sportsmanship. ;)  ;)

Having a son on the team, I can honestly say they do not think WOS game defines their season. Yes they want to beat WOS, but then again they want to beat every team they play (who doesn't). As I have said over and over WOS is a quality program had been for a VERY long time if HJ guts it out and gets the win it will be great for the boys and a big win for the school but if we lose I do not see it as much of a set back. Win or lose,  the boys will be back on the grass come Monday preparing for Liberty. 

As far as ICEWATERS comment on the offense we run I will let that statement stand alone on how much of an idiot he sounds like. This is a FOOTBALL forum people in here understand FOOTBALL, I could post a list of the MANY quality programs from HS through college that use the Slot T but instead I will just leave it with this. If HJ ran an offense called the Little Bunny Foo Foo and went 8-0 with it I would call the coach an idiot if he switched to anything else, and next year 10 other schools would be implementing the Little Bunny Foo Foo offense into their program. 

Icewater

Your post are spot on. The schedule has a disadvantage, for WOS because they have not had a bye week since the beginning of the season. What do you believe coach T will need to do to keep the team motivated. I must say in the past the Stangs did not need much pep to pump them up for games. This year they had a let down after the RF game and it resulted in a lost to Newton. " We Believe" 112% 

Having a son on the team, I can honestly say they do not think WOS game defines their season. Yes they want to beat WOS, but then again they want to beat every team they play (who doesn't). As I have said over and over WOS is a quality program had been for a VERY long time if HJ guts it out and gets the win it will be great for the boys and a big win for the school but if we lose I do not see it as much of a set back. Win or lose, the boys will be back on the grass come Monday preparing for Liberty.

As far as ICEWATERS comment on the offense we run I will let that statement stand alone on how much of an idiot he sounds like. This is a FOOTBALL forum people in here understand FOOTBALL, I could post a list of the MANY quality programs from HS through college that use the Slot T but instead I will just leave it with this. If HJ ran an offense called the Little Bunny Foo Foo and went 8-0 with it I would call the coach an idiot if he switched to anything else, and next year 10 other schools would be implementing the Little Bunny Foo Foo offense into their program.

There we go calling people names now? Hahahahaha so if I'm an idiot why are all the teams that used to get ran through like ExLax running the same offense now? Name three teams in our district that run the T and we will look up past season records compared to now! Honestly don't get mad just be truthful to your self and prove me wrong!!! We have played many teams this year and only 3 come to mind! It's designed that way and yes it works! I'm laughing over here because you got your lil bunny foo foo feelings hurt! It's ok I still respect your team because I love football but I am by no means an idiot! I like how an HJ fan said that we had to rely on our passing game to beat HF and that you would stop that by double safety's and playing tight on our receivers, well this idiot says by all means please do take 4 of your best 11 and pull them out the box and then watch what the boys will do! Nickel and Dime all the way to pay dirt! Thanks for my new nickname "the idiot" I love it!!!!

Yes if that is how you took my post it speaks volumes about you. My post, simply put so you can understand, is simple you run a scheme that is good for your program and we at Slow/Un-athletic HJ high love it.. You stay with the scheme until in does not work, 3 deep in the playoffs last year, 8-0 this year, I will let you decide if it works or not. 

The Slot T is the epitome of smash mouth football and misdirection, Sure the spread is flashy and fun but not near as fun as watching many a linebacker this year tackle one of our backs only to find that the one with the ball just crossed their goal line. 

Yes if that is how you took my post it speaks volumes about you. My post, simply put so you can understand, is simple you run a scheme that is good for your program and we at Slow/Un-athletic HJ high love it.. You stay with the scheme until in does not work, 3 deep in the playoffs last year, 8-0 this year, I will let you decide if it works or not. 

The Slot T is the epitome of smash mouth football and misdirection, Sure the spread is flashy and fun but not near as fun as watching many a linebacker this year tackle one of our backs only to find that the one with the ball just crossed their goal line. 

Nothing that I put on here speaks volumes about me dude, its a fun forum to poke fun, jab and talk mess. Thats it plain and simple. I know what your saying, your just getting a lil upset so I will leave you alone after this. You just said what I said and that is because of that offense which was installed by your coach to help you compete you no longer are the doormat of the district. Thats awesome to me, I just hate that offense personally but I think that you guys run it better than anyone else around here. Which is the only reason why this game is even considered game of the week. I know football, I think haha. If you don't think so, then thats cool. Of course your gonna stick with what works and for us its the spread. I think its fun when a smashmouth linebacker is so beat up from playing other SMASHMOUTH offenses that when we show up, we run right past him like a track meet and all they do is watch the show. I guess we both have our likes. So be it!

I have not been on this sight for years like some poster have, however, name calling is sometimes the only way the some people know how to communicate. I have and never will become clairvoyance, condescending, or disrespectful to prove my point. Everyone has passion for their teams and I love the show of support for the young guys that we discuss in our area too. Grown people should be able to talk smack, be sarcastic, and express their feelings about football without being called names. I DON'T LIKE THAT!!

I didnt realize K.King had 115 yards against us the other night!  I knew that he had 1 rushing td but not that many yards. That was a good night for him, if he had a lil more help the dude would kill opposing offenses even more. I love to see a talented athlete kick butt no matter what team!

I have not been on this sight for years like some poster have, however, name calling is sometimes the only way the some people know how to communicate. I have and never will become clairvoyance, condescending, or disrespectful to prove my point. Everyone has passion for their teams and I love the show of support for the young guys that we discuss in our area too. Grown people should be able to talk smack, be sarcastic, and express their feelings about football without being called names. I DON'T LIKE THAT!!

Its all in fun, believe me It has no effect I just like to talk smack. Isnt that what this forum is for? I know sometimes we push the envelope but that just shows you how much this game means to some people. I have been coaching for 8 years and know this about football. You can learn something new about the game everyday! I have also been the head coach of high school 6 man football so being an idiot is out of the question!!! That level of football will make you lose your mind, hahahaha if your an idiot of course!!

HJ can defend the spread if their defensive backs are healthy. It seems like people forget all the interceptions HJ's had this year. I know Rodgers had one before he got hurt. Broussard had an awesome one in the end-zone against Tatum (I think maybe another somewhere along the way). It seems like Jack has one in every game this year. Maybe their secondary is weakER than their d-line and linebackers, but I wouldn't say it is week. No, we don't have D1 backs out there, but they play to their advantages, and they do it well from what I've seen. Yes, the spread is a nice style of offense, but that doesn't mean the slot-t is "silly." The slot T is very hard to defend, as you can see. Yes, HJ runs it better than OF because they can block better, and their backs are quicker. HJ has beaten the spread before, and I think they can do it again. Like I've said before, I think HJ can win. I really do. Would it surprise me if WO-S wins? No. Not at all. They're a good team and the clear favorite. That being said, HJ has to get to Dallas early and often to rattle his cage. They cannot give up the deep ball or it will be over long before the clock hits zero. HJ will pound the ball on the ground, but don't think they can't send it through the air, because we've seen it already this year.

Maybe you are right, maybe the name calling was harsh but when you start calling our kids pitiful then some of us parents tend to take it personal. Here is your quote I am sure I will get the standard you are taking what I said wrong that many give when called out for belittling kids.

"You run that silly offense that's designed to help the most pitiful programs in the country and now you feel as if we should all just bow down and say that your the best!"

you can smack talk all you want, Lord knows I (much like Al Gore and the internet) invented it. But I can also tell you that you will not find a post that I name call  the kids of the program.