West Orange-Stark 54 Hamshire-Fannett 21/Final

WOSgrad

"Rely" on the long ball??? LOL... We ran, threw and did whatever we wanted last night. Probably, the reason they got beat deep a few times is because they tried to play two of the best receivers in the area man up in an attempt to stop the run... and they failed at both. That game was never in doubt from the start. The only reason it got within 12 points was because we put the back ups in a little to early, but that was quickly rectified. I know, from a future opponent stand point you are looking for a "ray of hope", or a weakness, but this is a stretch.

Took the words right out my mouth.

Serious question here. Last year the big TE from HF had 3 catches for 90 yards against WOS. This year 2 catches for 83 yards. And nothing the rest of the yea...both years. Why is that? If he can produce against the top Secondary in the area, then why has HF not used him more?
I've not seen HF play, so....

Exactly my thought since last yr.

From what I saw tonight WO-S really relied on the deep ball. And Dallas had all the time in the world to throw. You limit his time, and those receivers don't have time to beat you deep. I think Halloween is going to be a very good game. Congrats mustangs. I'm looking forward to it!

Problem is those same receivers can take a short pass and take it long. Last year hj blitzed a lot in the first half and played receivers mostly man to man. It didn't work. I suspect they will come out in cover 2. If WOS can run the ball effectively, long night for hj. The safeties will come up and be burned by the big play.

I like it how they come on here and downplay that's arse whipping last night by saying that they did the same! Ummmmm no u didn't u won by 2 TD 's we won by 5!!!!!!!! Then they say we relied on the long ball! Obviously you have no clue about coaching! We didn't rely on it, we did it because they couldn't stop it! You want us to stop what's working to make you feel better about your team! Whatever!!!! You came to our game and saw us manhandle HF and then tried to make excuses for ways your gonna beat us! We scored all kinds of ways last night cause we could! Your just mad cause you were hoping we would play bad and make you feel better! Hahahahaha

Guys. I saw one half of play. It was the first time I had seen WO-S play all year aside from some film.  It didn't look like they did much but throw the long ball. Forgive me if I don't know the entire West Orange line-up and playbook by heart. I'm not "making excuses." I just said that what it SEEMED like. I know that you can't man up on those receivers and expect to be successful. I'm just hoping the pass rush for HJ is better and allows them to get to Dallas quicker. Was it just me or did anyone else notice that HF abandoned what was working best for them? Yes, I know, the WO-S secondary is very good, but, it seemed the only thing that moved the ball down the field was the pass, and then they kept trying to force the run and got NO WHERE!!! The fans were calling for the coaches head when I left at halftime.

Guys. I saw one half of play. It was the first time I had seen WO-S play all year aside from some film. It didn't look like they did much but throw the long ball. Forgive me if I don't know the entire West Orange line-up and playbook by heart. I'm not "making excuses." I just said that what it SEEMED like. I know that you can't man up on those receivers and expect to be successful. I'm just hoping the pass rush for HJ is better and allows them to get to Dallas quicker. Was it just me or did anyone else notice that HF abandoned what was working best for them? Yes, I know, the WO-S secondary is very good, but, it seemed the only thing that moved the ball down the field was the pass, and then they kept trying to force the run and got NO WHERE!!! The fans were calling for the coaches head when I left at halftime.

Let me ask you a question. If the long ball was working for you, would you stop throwing it just to show someone you can do something else? We do rely on the long ball. Our receivers are just as good on hitch routes. Did you see our receiver take a hitch for 75 yards? I know the HJ coaching staff knows we don't rely on the deep ball.

Let me ask you a question. If the long ball was working for you, would you stop throwing it just to show someone you can do something else? We do rely on the long ball. Our receivers are just as good on hitch routes. Did you see our receiver take a hitch for 75 yards? I know the HJ coaching staff knows we don't rely on the deep ball.

Let me clarify what I meant. I'm saying that if HJ can limit the long ball and keep the receivers from burning them deep, I think WO-S doesn't blow them out like they did to HF. That's going to be the key. HJ is pretty good against the run. I think they match up very well, and I think this will be a really good game.

True if they can stop the long ball it will be tough but against OF we nickel and dimed all night long! The short passing game is there too! All in all its gonna be great to see! Once it's over I'll be ready for playoffs, and good times on the road! Those are the games everyone remembers!

I do not want yellow flags dictating the game. Now, if there's really a penalty, call it. But, don't call a stupid holding penalty on the other side of the field that has no effect on the outcome of the game. ICE, you have to realize though, HJ linebackers are better than OF linebackers. It'll be harder to nickel and dime them than it was OF. As for the run game. HJ's pretty good against the run. They just have to do it for 4 quarters!

I do not want yellow flags dictating the game. Now, if there's really a penalty, call it. But, don't call a stupid holding penalty on the other side of the field that has no effect on the outcome of the game. ICE, you have to realize though, HJ linebackers are better than OF linebackers. It'll be harder to nickel and dime them than it was OF. As for the run game. HJ's pretty good against the run. They just have to do it for 4 quarters!

HJ fans keep trying to convince us that you're better than Orangefield and HF on offense and defense. That's cool. However, numbers don't lie. OF played you very close and HF put 39 points up against your defense. You cannot expect to give up that many points against us and win. We've gotten better every week. Jack is learning how to adjust to certain defenses. You just might be better than OF and HF. So are we. Good luck Friday.

HJ is better than HF and OF. There is no "might be." The scores have proven that. I read all this talk about how there was no way HF would put up 21 on WO-S. I simply replied, "don't be surprised when they do." Sure enough, look what happened. Just like with you guys, the OF game was close in the first half. Both teams in both games were tied 14-14 with them. Both HJ and WO-S broke it open in the second half. Yes, OF had that nice comeback against HJ, but it happened off of a batted ball followed by a lucky catch. If that pass isn't caught, OF doesn't get within a TD of HJ. HJ doesn't turn the ball over very often. We will see what happens and good luck Friday.

HJ is better than HF and OF. There is no "might be." The scores have proven that. I read all this talk about how there was no way HF would put up 21 on WO-S. I simply replied, "don't be surprised when they do." Sure enough, look what happened. Just like with you guys, the OF game was close in the first half. Both teams in both games were tied 14-14 with them. Both HJ and WO-S broke it open in the second half. Yes, OF had that nice comeback against HJ, but it happened off of a batted ball followed by a lucky catch. If that pass isn't caught, OF doesn't get within a TD of HJ. HJ doesn't turn the ball over very often. We will see what happens and good luck Friday.

You may want to check the box scores of the OF game. It was 28-14 at half. But I get it. You guys have a great chance to make history. You should brag about your program. My point is simply that you can't judge us based on how much better you are than OF and HF.

You may want to check the box scores of the OF game. It was 28-14 at half. But I get it. You guys have a great chance to make history. You should brag about your program. My point is simply that you can't judge us based on how much better you are than OF and HF.

Oh no! I'm not! And I know that was the score at the half, but it was 14-14 at one point, and they busted it wide open in the second half. It was a lot closer in the first two quarters. But, all we have to go on is scores and proposed match-ups until the game is actually played. I'm not going to brag or anything of that nature. I will be proud that they have accomplished such a feat after such an awful showing when I was there.

A lot of ifs!

Only one in my post!