CENTRAL VS PNG

MAYFIELD

No need to be sorry. Thats your opinion. But if you will rely on the passing game to beat us, I feel just that much better about our chance of winning. I hope we place Mr. Oregon on Sparks. I like our other db's chances on the rest of your receivers. And I'm confident that we'll be able to bring pressure on your qb.

Just apologizing because I picked against you. Actually, this game can go either way. Morse can throw darts. He hits the short stuff and that #10 can fly. They can also go deep. Your dual threat QB and that greased pig RB will be a lot for PNG to handle. As in any game, QB pressure is paramount. This should be game of the week.

What if Central scored on that 4th down...what if PNG tied the game on that 4th down and sent the game into OT. Truth is neither happened and Nederland just flat out beat us both. Hundreds of games every year end up with a pile of excuses and what ifs. I'm guilty as anyone on second guessing the games, the coaching or the officiating. Time to move on and this game should tell if Central or PNG are playoff ready. I'm going to have to go with my boys on this one. PNG 35, Central 27.

Just apologizing because I picked against you. Actually, this game can go either way. Morse can throw darts. He hits the short stuff and that #10 can fly. They can also go deep. Your dual threat QB and that greased pig RB will be a lot for PNG to handle. As in any game, QB pressure is paramount. This should be game of the week.

True.

But won't be................ 

Ok here it is. Both teams are excellent on offense. Easily scoring 30 or more points. Defense is also very close with Jags little more speed but PN-G with better discipline. So where is the advantage for each team outside the obvious.

To win Central must stop penalties and turnovers period.

To win PN-G must play smart disciplined football and manage the clock.

My advantage goes to PN-G in the kicking game. If it comes down to this big advantage Indians.

This is why I am picking PN-G  38 - 35.

I also would not be surprised if Centrals wins as they are tough team.

I do believe I will be staying in town to see this one.

Ok here it is. Both teams are excellent on offense. Easily scoring 30 or more points. Defense is also very close with Jags little more speed but PN-G with better discipline. So where is the advantage for each team outside the obvious.

To win Central must stop penalties and turnovers period.
To win PN-G must play smart disciplined football and manage the clock.

My advantage goes to PN-G in the kicking game. If it comes down to this big advantage Indians.

This is why I am picking PN-G 38 - 35.

I also would not be surprised if Centrals wins as they are tough team.

I do believe I will be staying in town to see this one.

Great analysis from you as usual.

Soulja who do think has better defense?

I haven't seen PN-G play yet this year, but judging on the points allowed, I'd say they are good at keeping the opposition out of the end zone. I don't know if they are an opportunistic defense that goes for strips or jumps on the int or is it that their offense is more ball control than quick strike.

Central's defense plays very well vs the pass. Run defense plays good in spurts. They look very good at one point and then they give up the big play (when I say big play, I mean that 25 or 30 yarder, not the big 50 yard run). Our d-linemen ars solid. Our linebackers are hard hitting, and our secondary.. I'd put them up against any good passing team.

So to answer your question, I'll have to give a slight edge to our boys based on yardage allowed. We're at the top of the district in that, for whatever that's worth.

Agree if PN-G gets Halfin off to good start he is difficult to tackle.

Indians defense is much improved over years past and play smart.

Central is fast in the defensive backfield but misses some assignments up front.

I do know one thing for sure the crowds will be loud and proud. I was so disappointed in the crowd from Ozen, maybe 15o people for a possible playoff team.

I think Central will score to go ahead by two, go for a PAT that gets blocked, goes straight up in the air, bounces off a player's helmet and into one of our few fast kid's hands, who then runs it back for a two-point conversion to tie the game up with 43 seconds left on the clock. Then we go into double overtime and win by a field goal.

Hey, it's happened before.  :D

I think Central will score to go ahead by two, go for a PAT that gets blocked, goes straight up in the air, bounces off a player's helmet and into one of our few fast kid's hands, who then runs it back for a two-point conversion to tie the game up with 43 seconds left on the clock. Then we go into double overtime and win by a field goal.

oh man……

Iwas packing
up my gear to leave the game when that happened! Nearly gave me a stroke. Taught me to stay put till the final buzzer. Lol