CENTRAL VS PNG

MAYFIELD

Because my Pirates need a Central victory, because I have several friends who are Jaguars, because I hate purple (including Dayton purple) and just because...Jags 35, purple indians 28.

Man...that's harsh!!! Can't hardly blame you though...nightmares about purple monsters doing bad things to your Pirates since childhood? I know a good therapist. Saw him after the Nederland game...😉

Heard through the grapevine (from a pretty reliable source) that Faircloth may not play starters too long in order to give them some rest before playoffs.. This is based on the assumption of Nederland winning out obviously... So take that for what it's worth, but based on that information from my source.. I say...

Central 45
PN-G 28

Heard through the grapevine (from a pretty reliable source) that Faircloth may not play starters too long in order to give them some rest before playoffs.. This is based on the assumption of Nederland winning out obviously... So take that for what it's worth, but based on that information from my source.. I say...
Central 45
PN-G 28

Even though this game really means nothing for the playoffs, I'm not buying that! Those Indians fans would be livid if he threw in the white flag against the Jaguars...

Central 45
PN-G 28

Only if he is looking for a free ride back to Odessa. It could be a little bumpy in the back of that pod.

Even though this game really means nothing for the playoffs, I'm not buying that! Those Indians fans would be livid if he threw in the white flag against the Jaguars...

Yes...I would be one of those folks...passing up a chance at a meeting with a big 12 point buck that's been hanging around my stand to attend this one...but I don't see him pulling the starters...still have some good competition in district to face after this game. What would be the point?

Doesn't png have to play for seeding??

Depends.. Does seeding really matter that much?? Would you rather have a banged up team with the higher seed or a healthy team with a lower seed? I have a hard time believing he will actually do it also, but it probably depends on how the first half goes...

Doesn't png have to play for seeding??

I don't think so. Nederland and Central should be the big schools. That should leave PNG and whoever (likely Ozen) has the small schools.

That means that PNG will be in the division 2 champion regardless of the Central game.

I think.....

That could be a two edged sword. If the final 2 games were gimmes yes, rest the players all you can. But to give away the last 2 games when theres always a possibility to losing the first round in the playoffs, ending the season on that note? I wouldn't risk it. I pray for an injury free game but I think it would only help prepare both teams for the stiffer competition ahead...like I said..it's a two edged sword. Do you guys see Central giving this game to PNG to stay healthy?

Central 45
PN-G 28

Can't see him not playing to win..... But what do I know?