Nederland 35 Port Neches-Groves 28/Final

Oh. And about the student section... In all honesty I didn't look at ours, but I came *this close* to taking a pic of the mess on the Nederland side. (Mostly just because someone was griping a few days ago about cleaning up baby powder). There was stuff EVERYWHERE in the stands and on the track! It's all in good fun. I'm sure the kids all had a blast. And it's got to be better than the rumored syrup on the bleaches that Ned students were supposedly going to do (I hope that didn't really happen)

This game was well worth the ticket price. I believe that png was out coached. They have been since fairclothe came to png. I thought that png defense would be better also by all the posters saying so. I thought that it could have gone either way and I am glad it went ours. In a one score game, fairclothe is Neumann. No doubt about that. Morse is a stud. He has a cannon and makes good decisions. The receiver sparks is very talented also. Got some wheels for a lil dude. I was surprised by that. It is a completely different mood than it was before district started. We got business to take care of, to try for four years undefeated district champs. Wow. That sounds real good rolling off my tounge. Good luck png the rest of the way

Only thing about the talcum powder.....it coats the insides of your lungs. Put talc on your arm and run water over it. It beads up and runs off. Also, some people may be allergic if the wind is blowing the wrong way. Might could come up with something better.

Back on topic.....Way to go Dogs. Your heart is that of a champion!

I think that Nederland was the underdog and they came together as a team to do what they needed to do. Let's not forget that PNG almost scored at the end to tie the game and go into overtime with momentum. 

Great game that literally came down to the last play. 

Two questions....why did PNG go for it on 4th down on their first possession?

What happened when the whole PNG line false started, the ref calls unsportsmanlike on Ned, marks off a 5 yard penalty, then makes it 15, then makes it 5 again?

I don't think they got that one right. Should have been -5 yards on the false start, then +15 on the personal foul so a net of 10 yards. Maybe I'm wrong on that, since Faircloth didn't argue too much.

I think that Nederland was the underdog and they came together as a team to do what they needed to do. Let's not forget that PNG almost scored at the end to tie the game and go into overtime with momentum.

Great game that literally came down to the last play.

Would've been interesting to see if he would a tried to win it with a 2 pt conversion