CROSBY vs DAYTON

cougar14

C'mon now that's funny. That insight was just takin potshots at Dayton cause the best case scenario played out for Crosby. Daytons win only makes it a sexier beat down win that Crosby WILL put on Dayton. I know you support your team but in reality they're just not athletic or deep enough to stay in the stadium with Crosby. Rivalry or not this game won't be close with Daytons athletes having to go both ways. It's pick your poison do you load the box and stop #2, #21, #24, #7 running the ball or do you play cover 2 and stop #17, #6, #16, or #10 receiving the ball. If the coaches so decide this could be like picking lotto numbers. Which six combinations do you want in the end zone? Write these numbers down cause in all seriousness that'll be the ones that cross pay dirt if not all of them. Then throw in a pick six or two and this game gets ugly. Now on Daytons side in all seriousness how many numbers or combos can you come up with that have a legit shot???? Bottom line in all due respect Crosby has too many playmakers just ask Dave Campbell

I heard Vernon Allen was going to be back this week, if he's 100% that's a big get for Crosby. I think McBride will have to man him up in the slot and Keener will have to man up Hudson on the outside. I think they'll both be worn out in the second half like they were last year allowing Crosby to have their way. I'm really not worried about either of them on offense because I don't think Baughmann will have much time to throw with Opi coming back on the d-line from injury. We also know he'll throw us a couple of picks and give us extra possessions. Dayton's defense has been shredded multiple times this season and I think Crosby won't have any trouble doing the same if they don't turn it over.

By the looks of things, crosby will turn it over (like nearly every other high school team). They have in all but one game so far. Crosby has played close with any team that has a hint of a passing game, so I like our chances.

That's why I said it would be an upset if Crosby wins. Dayton has an elite passing game with 13 tds and 9 picks so far. Crosby has struggled against the pass giving up 84 ypg though. Even though we gave up 124 passing yards to KP vs the 368 Dayton did or 197 to Ned vs the 312 Dayton did, I think you're right in your assessment that we struggle against the pass. The scoreboard is the only thing that counts though and it says Dayton should beat Crosby.

Dayt will play hard,win or lose this is the part of the season when Dayt usually gets their roll on.Open then NC & @ NC Porter.Head to head wins over BH-Humb-KWP,but a win here could make Dayt #1 D11 seed so alot to play for besides knocking Crosby off the #1 setx poll.Won't be a sweeter win=Go Broncos a 1 pt win,I pay up 2 steaks & get to watch every swallow of how bad the loss tastes.I'll buy ya'll some onion rings as appetizers for winning the stats game=scoreboard baby

That's why I said it would be an upset if Crosby wins. Dayton has an elite passing game with 13 tds and 9 picks so far. Crosby has struggled against the pass giving up 84 ypg though. Even though we gave up 124 passing yards to KP vs the 368 Dayton did or 197 to Ned vs the 312 Dayton did, I think you're right in your assessment that we struggle against the pass. The scoreboard is the only thing that counts though and it says Dayton should beat Crosby.

I never said y'all struggle and I also never said we had an elite passing game.

See... that's why you have so much "polarity" on this board... you're the facts man until someone presents you with some facts you don't like. Then you turn all sarcastic and start putting words in my mouth. Kp and ned have a bit of a passing game... you played them close. Both facts. That's partly because they were able to convert some third and longs with those passing attacks. Relax and don't let facts get you hot and bothered.

I never said y'all struggle and I also never said we had an elite passing game.
See... that's why you have so much "polarity" on this board... you're the facts man until someone presents you with some facts you don't like. Then you turn all sarcastic and start putting words in my mouth. Kp and ned have a bit of a passing game... you played them close. Both facts. That's partly because they were able to convert some third and longs with those passing attacks. Relax and don't let facts get you hot and bothered.

KP's passing game had nothing to do with why they played Crosby close. In the second half they went with a tight run formation that ate clock which you can see from the 239 rushing yards they had. I don't think KP threw a pass further than 10 yards pass the line of scrimmage if that which is why they had 0 points and 2 picks in the first half. Dayton doesn't have a running game like Ned and KP so their passing attack will be even easier to defend. They also have better qbs than Dayton does so I doubt y'all score much more than the 19 offensive points you got last year.

I haven't seen Crosby play this year, but when Dayton and Crosby play throw all the stats. and good or bad games out the window we all know that this game could go either way. I'm still waiting on Dayton to have their break out game like they normally do and this would be a great one to show up for. I'm going against the stats. that on paper Crosby is better and has played better than we have so far but I still like our chances.

Dayton 29

Crosby 28

Go Broncos 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

KP's passing game had nothing to do with why they played Crosby close. In the second half they went with a tight run formation that ate clock which you can see from the 239 rushing yards they had. I don't think KP threw a pass further than 10 yards pass the line of scrimmage if that which is why they had 0 points and 2 picks in the first half. Dayton doesn't have a running game like Ned and KP so their passing attack will be even easier to defend. They also have better qbs than Dayton does so I doubt y'all score much more than the 19 offensive points you got last year.

Alrighty... I'll ignore the big passes purcell made in the 2nd half while he was going 11-17 for 100 yards to keep your defense honest.

Alrighty... I'll ignore the big passes purcell made in the 2nd half while he was going 11-17 for 100 yards to keep your defense honest.

Purcell competed a little 2 or 3 yard swing pass to Reyna out of that tight run formation where he picked up about about 35 yards on a blown assignment. Those other 10 passes he completed for 60 or so yards really hurt us though. So did Henderson going 3-9 for 23 yards and 2 picks before he got knocked out of the game. Like I said, Dayton doesn't have a running game for Crosby to worry about so I doubt your qb completes his passes a that high of a clip.

I haven't seen Crosby play this year, but when Dayton and Crosby play throw all the stats. and good or bad games out the window we all know that this game could go either way. I'm still waiting on Dayton to have their break out game like they normally do and this would be a great one to show up for. I'm going against the stats. that on paper Crosby is better and has played better than we have so far but I still like our chances.

Dayton 29
Crosby 28

Go Broncos 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only stat that matters is in Dayton's favor. They give up more yards and gain less against like opponents but it's all about the scoreboard. This would be a huge upset if Crosby can win this one.

Purcell competed a little 2 or 3 yard swing pass to Reyna out of that tight run formation where he picked up about about 35 yards on a blown assignment. Those other 10 passes he completed for 60 or so yards really hurt us though. So did Henderson going 3-9 for 23 yards and 2 picks before he got knocked out of the game. Like I said, Dayton doesn't have a running game for Crosby to worry about so I doubt your qb completes his passes a that high of a clip.

Throwing out the outliers.... you're a true numbers guy.

Doesn't matter how many yards the rest were for .... it kept your D on the field. And you're right, Dayton and Crosby will match up differently than Crosby and kp.

To read your posts, it seems like Dayton doesnt have any strengths which would allow them to compete. I'm anxious to see.

Throwing out the outliers.... you're a true numbers guy.
Doesn't matter how many yards the rest were for .... it kept your D on the field. And you're right, Dayton and Crosby will match up differently than Crosby and kp.
To read your posts, it seems like Dayton doesnt have any strengths which would allow them to compete. I'm anxious to see.

Dayton's strength is their passing game with Keener and McBride. Those two will keep you in games just like they did last year but Crosby matched up well with them and will even better this year.

No matter who the opponent is, Dayton will show up and be ready to play. Crosby, you better be ready, cause we are gonna come into your house and hand out a spanking. Our defense is playing better than they have all season and the offense is clicking. We have too many weapons for Crosby, again!!!! Broncos by 17!

Nothing I type on here is going to influence the outcome of this game. These are 14-18 year old kids who may show up and play lights out or the bright lights might get to them. I think the difference in the game could be the fake punt or onside kick that is executed. Win the turnover battle and play as mistake free (penalties) as possible. Good luck and stay healthy!

Nothing I type on here is going to influence the outcome of this game. These are 14-18 year old kids who may show up and play lights out or the bright lights might get to them. I think the difference in the game could be the fake punt or onside kick that is executed. Win the turnover battle and play as mistake free (penalties) as possible. Good luck and stay healthy!

Well said