San Augustine 34 West Sabine 32/Final

WOSgrad

What a game this was! Shame someone had to lose it. Roberts (SA QB): 6/12/76 yds passing 26 car. 208 yds. rushing, 3 TD (2rush). DeMarie Smith was electric for WS, had 7car. 100yds. 2td rushing, 2rec. 40yds. TD receiving, 9 tackles a sack, and a 23 yd. fumble return TD. Small School Game of the Week lived up to its billing.....

I hated that it had to end like that. Wish it would've been just a stop and not a bad snap like that. 2 good ball clubs that made mistakes but kept playing. Both sides fans should be proud.

Totally agree. I feel sorry for someone that is going to face these two teams in the playoffs!

I hated that it had to end like that. Wish it would've been just a stop and not a bad snap like that. 2 good ball clubs that made mistakes but kept playing. Both sides fans should be proud.

Totally agree. That was the best WS/SA game I've ever seen. The three teams out of this district will be ROUGH in the playoffs. Said at the beginning of the season that 10-2A would be dogfight until the end.......

Totally agree. That was the best WS/SA game I've ever seen. The three teams out of this district will be ROUGH in the playoffs. Said at the beginning of the season that 10-2A would be dogfight until the end.......

It was a good one. Thought SA took a breath there when they went up 34-18 and WS made them pay. Again both teams went at it for 4 qtrs and didn't quit.

It was a good one. Thought SA took a breath there when they went up 34-18 and WS made them pay. Again both teams went at it for 4 qtrs and didn't quit.

I would love to SA play full throttle the whole game.  WS showed a lot of heart tonight and momentum did swing for a bit.  I was let down by the SA receivers....they had bricks for hands tonight!  

And Shelbyville will win the district.

And Shelbyville will win the district.

I respect your opinion, but Shelbyville does not have the talent on offense as WS has.  They are no different last year other than their defense.  They played a mediocre Joaquin team last night....Shelbyville hasnt been tested yet....but they will be soon!

I respect your opinion, but Shelbyville does not have the talent on offense as WS has.  They are no different last year other than their defense.  They played a mediocre Joaquin team last night....Shelbyville hasnt been tested yet....but they will be soon!

Would Garrison be considered a test? SA was tested by Garrison and failed the test. Shelbyville is loaded. The sr class has been dominant since the 7th grade. With that being said, I hope SA wins.

Would Garrison be considered a test? SA was tested by Garrison and failed the test. Shelbyville is loaded. The sr class has been dominant since the 7th grade. With that being said, I hope SA wins.

I do agree with you. Garrison was a good measuring stick for both teams. Shelbyville won by 9 with 6 of those coming on a defensive TD. SA lost by 4 with some big missed opportunities and several turnovers. Game should be a very good one that could go either way.

I wouldnt say that Garrison has been a huge test because it was SA's first game of the season.  Garrison has the mental edge against SA....SA hasnt beat them in over 15 years.  That is something Shelbyville does not have.  You forget that its the same Shelbyville team with a better defense that SA played last year.  Granted SA lost two good wide receivers, but I believe this game will be won by the SA O Line and Jmike.  Jenkins and Davis will keep the clock running on drives and SA will use the passing game when they have to.  You say Shelbyville has been dominant...but the same dominant group has been manhandled by kids of the same age!