Nederland vs PNG ----- Bet!!

Not trying to rile anyone. Speaking of an incident that happened to us. We are in our 60's and had 2 of our grandchildren with us. My wife was just surprised by the remarks. It disappointed her since she graduated from there. We are aware there are bad fans at EVERY school but it doesn't change she was disappointed in the attitude, even when he was told she was a PNG grad.

Olddad, it just doesn't really serve a good purpose to paint all PNG fans or the PNG community based on the words of some bonehead that doesn't represent the spirit of either community.

BINGO!!!

And just maybe the guy was trying to get you guys to start a little lite hearted PNG ned banter and you took it too personal.

I have the personal experience of the "ungratefullness" of PNG fans. A few weeks ago we were at our lake house and decided to go watch PNG and Chapel Hill in Lufkin. We wore our black and gold to show our support to the Indians. We sat beside some Central coaches and among the purple and white. Shortly after sitting down a man, dressed in his purple finest, sitting in front of my wife turned and asked "What are y'all doing here? Have you come to watch a "real" team play?" She explained why we came and was leaving it at that. He then added, "Well what I've heard y'all aren't any good this year and this is our year to dominate". She just said, "I graduated PNG but we are here to show Bulldog support". He laughed at her and turned around. The Central coaches talked to us during the game and made a point of telling us good luck against Vidor and have a safe trip back before they left. Central coaches were respectful and a lot more friendly than the "PNG" fan my wife encountered. She made the statement leaving that she may have graduated PNG but after that rude reception, it was the last game she would attend unless she had to go because our grandson was playing.

Well..  seems kind of small minded to judge a group of people on the actions of one...  but, that's just my opinion.

Hmmmm all this animosity is not good. I can predict the future so I will tell you Ndns and Dog exactly what will happen 

Before the kick off it will be 0 0 

After the kick off throw out records and the he say she say 

sit back and watch to teams battle it out and leave it all on the field 

Then a team from Mid county will win the game and we all go back to our lives waiting till next year 

To bring up the total time beaten which does go to the NDNS

and the total time beaten in the 2000"s which I believe goes to the dogs

Place your friendly bets fry up some crow and lets just wait 11 more days and then we will know.

Lol James I'm not missing the MCM game, its the lumberton game this week. Will miss opening day because we play central on sat at 2 pm at the butch. Now if that world class buck was a sure thing I would think real hard about it, but in the end you would find me at the MCM game. I can always hunt the next day lol

Lol James I'm not missing the MCM game, its the lumberton game this week. Will miss opening day because we play central on sat at 2 pm at the butch. Now if that world class buck was a sure thing I would think real hard about it, but in the end you would find me at the MCM game. I can always hunt the next day lol

Take the buck biaplayer, you bound to be use to losing to us by now and you may never get that shot again at the big buck, kinda like ya'll may never get a win again against Big Ned!! lol

I'm chuckling at Mr. Moselys comments throughout this post... I for one do not know how long you have been around this rivalry.. However going back 20 years is almost funny.. Let's just pick a couple of years.... Come on man..... YES in the last 20 Neumann has owned us... And unlike a few others I have a smart enough football IQ to realize how and why we lose. Last year, simply put, we couldn't adjust to a simple defense... Our fault, our loss.... A few years back Trevon Sonnier ran the wildcat to perfection.... Our loss..... The one in between we just got beat by a better team.. Nederland is well coached.. To me the best staff in the district... Bar none.... My amusement is in all of you guys that don't remember when Nederland was the laughing stock of the district year In year out.... Yes just ask your local heros... Maybe even your offensive coordinator.. He will surely remember. Records from past years mean absolutely Nothing to me... If you want to bring them up that's fine... I'm sure overall PNG will win out in every category... Makes for boring internet amusement. The facts are this... It's a great rivalry.... I've played in it, my son has played in it, and I hope my grandson plays in it. So as far as arrogance, trust me there is plenty of that on both sides... But as far as tradition..... That runs deep...... So please don't mistake one for the other.... Should you be proud of what Nederland has done in the last 20 years yes...... And I'll try not to mistake it for Arrogance......

I have experienced many many rude nederland fans since ive been going to MCM.  Every team has some fans who are bad apples even though nederland fans would never admit it.  Sounds like the bulldogs are getting really nervous about playing the indians.   They need to get ready for central because they are about to get handed a big loss. 

I have experienced many many rude nederland fans since ive been going to MCM. Every team has some fans who are bad apples even though nederland fans would never admit it. Sounds like the bulldogs are getting really nervous about playing the indians. They need to get ready for central because they are about to get handed a big loss.

You're a little late to the discussion and must not have read back a few pages, let it go, goodness