Ozen @ Nederland

bmtqj33

MTC- what did you think of the Dogs last week? Better than you expected, worse than you expected, or about what you expected? I have to admit, that was the best game we've played all year. Crosby was the second best game we played. We played poorly against Dayton and even worse against a bad Clear Lake team. Hope we can keep it up vs Ozen this week.

On a side note, my dad and I were talking at the game last week. Can you imagine how potent the Pirate offense would be with a QB like Seay? He would be a monster in that offense, similar to MQ but throws well too..

Good luck the rest of the way. Those young guys will get better and better and will be a handful soon.

MTC- what did you think of the Dogs last week? Better than you expected, worse than you expected, or about what you expected? I have to admit, that was the best game we've played all year. Crosby was the second best game we played. We played poorly against Dayton and even worse against a bad Clear Lake team. Hope we can keep it up vs Ozen this week.

On a side note, my dad and I were talking at the game last week. Can you imagine how potent the Pirate offense would be with a QB like Seay? He would be a monster in that offense, similar to MQ but throws well too..

Good luck the rest of the way. Those young guys will get better and better and will be a handful soon.

Honestly the Pirates sure we're licking there lips at what we thought of the dogs. We thought all yall had was seay. Yall definitely proved us wrong. And honestly I believe quirante was just as good of an athlete as seay, Mathews just didn't wanna alter his offense and throw more. We could've been lethal as in state contenders lethal if he would've incorporated one or two formations for a screen or slant out during the 2011 season. But even without that we still averaged 400 yards a game that year.

I'm so glad that you see my point.

I also know several kids from broken homes that are very respectable young men. Yes sir and no sir is all you get.

Still not getting the point that OF its making...

Soulja the point I'm trying to make is very simple Neumann has never had to deal with the extra baggage that comes with coaching at Central or Ozen nor a community/school district like ours either. Think about it, we couldn't keep guys like Brooks or Stowers....

BTW, I like how I come on here and wake up the threads and make this forum interesting. Lol you old guys can be so boring sometimes. *pats self on back  :)  :)  :)  :D  :D  :D

Neumann could put together a winning team no matter where he would go......... I assume some of the remarks OF is making has to do with the fact that Neamann is white and he could not coach in BMT and be effictive in what he does...Wake up guy its 2014 color meens nothing ....Neamann will pick another team(coach) apart if the coach makes mistakes..Nobody better than Neamann in making halftime adjustments...I promise you black ,white , hispanic whatever the race is thier is broken homes in all of them...Nederland wins by 3 TDs because speed kills..LOL...Yoder ,Mosley , Salenga ,Sonnier, Kroutz ,Perkins , Seay..A bounch of slow kids from super rich and perfect homes...Lmao!!!!..And Nederland wins in the tailgating part of it...

Soulja the point I'm trying to make is very simple Neumann has never had to deal with the extra baggage that comes with coaching at Central or Ozen nor a community/school district like ours either. Think about it, we couldn't keep guys like Brooks or Stowers....

BTW, I like how I come on here and wake up the threads and make this forum interesting. Lol you old guys can be so boring sometimes. *pats self on back  :)  :)  :)  :D  :D  :D

Because everybody knows Beaumont is the only place in SETX with problems. Extra baggage comes with life. Neumann has a different / better way of dealing with it and  "EARNING" the respect of the players and the community !

he used to coach at TJ, im sure he knows all about "extra baggage"… heck he deals with it in Nederland.

BTW, I like how I come on here and wake up the threads and make this forum interesting. Lol you old guys can be so boring sometimes. *pats self on back :) :) :) :D :D :D

Brooks and Stowers left because of politics and shady administration. Had nothing to do with broken families, man.

Exactly Bmt Soldier, Brooks and Stowers left because of things outside of football.  Neumann does not have to deal with that in Nederland.  He has support from the entire city.  The reality is that  P.N.G. and Nederland are considered to be great coaching jobs.  They both have one of the best little league support programs in the state. All the kids pretty much have bought in to the system in when they were in elementary school. They both have great support from the community and a great tradition.  

Exactly Bmt Soldier, Brooks and Stowers left because of things outside of football. Neumann does not have to deal with that in Nederland. He has support from the entire city. The reality is that P.N.G. and Nederland are considered to be great coaching jobs. They both have one of the best little league support programs in the state. All the kids pretty much have bought in to the system in when they were in elementary school. They both have great support from the community and a great tradition.

Great post.

Buddy you are exactly right about Larry having to deal with extra baggage (all kinds of stuff) There have been some really good (very good Players') kicked off his teams for various reasons(the long time Nederland fans know why and the who's) Early on he established his authority and hammered home the importance of discipline, keeping your grades up, strong moral values, and has surrounded himself with very good coaches, some are ex-players of his. In my opinion Larry could take his show anywhere and be successful. Broken homes do not discriminate among families. A good coach, and I think Coach Suggs is a good one can bring communities together thru football. and that kid from the broken home...sometimes he's your best student athlete.