Ozen @ Nederland

bmtqj33

It was a good game right up until the turnover bug bit OZEN.  It was fun to listen to on the radio, sounds like NED got their kicker straightened out. Congrats on the win to NED and to Ozen for fighting till the end.  Now the district race heats up the next couple of weeks.

It was a good game right up until the turnover bug bit OZEN. It was fun to listen to on the radio, sounds like NED got their kicker straightened out. Congrats on the win to NED and to Ozen for fighting till the end. Now the district race heats up the next couple of weeks.

Ned kicker has been fine all along. He had one bad game vs Clear Lake on a sloppy field. It was as much the snaps and holds that night as it was the kicks. The whole team played poorly that night against the worst team we've faced all year. That was an embarrassing loss, but maybe that lit the fire for the improvements we've been making?

we still have a kicking problem across the tracks, poor blocking up front = blocked extra points. Not happy with ours at all. To me  he looks like he is only kicking from 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage, should be
7 yards. Don't know if this is intentional or not. Havent really payed that much attention to it but seems to happen on a regular basis. on special teams we pooch kick, just don't like kicking to the opposing teams star running backs. you would think our coaching staff would kick away from the star players after scouting them. so far the strategy has worked, but the idea of giving them field position at the 40,45, 50 on a regular basis is bad for business. I would rather see them kick the ball deep and pin em back about the 20, 25, maybe the 30.

we still have a kicking problem across the tracks, poor blocking up front = blocked extra points. Not happy with ours at all. To me he looks like he is only kicking from 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage, should be
7 yards. Don't know if this is intentional or not. Havent really payed that much attention to it but seems to happen on a regular basis. on special teams we pooch kick, just don't like kicking to the opposing teams star running backs. you would think our coaching staff would kick away from the star players after scouting them. so far the strategy has worked, but the idea of giving them field position at the 40,45, 50 on a regular basis is bad for business. I would rather see them kick the ball deep and pin em back about the 20, 25, maybe the 30.

We have been using the angle pooch kick, too. I'm not a huge fan of it either.