Navasota ------wo-s

skipper

This would be a fun matchup to watch though.   In my opinion this Navasota team not as good as 2012 team, but they are still a real threat to win state.   The only matchup concerns in region 3 I see for WOS are LaMarque and La Grange.   La Grange has looked very good this year.   WOS should be favored in both of those matchups though.

This would be a fun matchup to watch though. In my opinion this Navasota team not as good as 2012 team, but they are still a real threat to win state. The only matchup concerns in region 3 I see for WOS are LaMarque and La Grange. La Grange has looked very good this year. WOS should be favored in both of those matchups though.

now you have opened up conversation for the hj guys

I am still not sold on La Marque.  I hate to compare scores, but I can't not discredit them either.

Navasota 62- Nuevo Leon 0

Nuevo Leon 10- Galveston Ball 7

La Marque 12- Galveston Ball 6

I think La Grange is the biggest threat in region III for WOS.  HJ, well, good things are happening but I'd like to see the Hawks for myself.

This would be a fun matchup to watch though.   In my opinion this Navasota team not as good as 2012 team, but they are still a real threat to win state.   The only matchup concerns in region 3 I see for WOS are LaMarque and La Grange.   La Grange has looked very good this year.   WOS should be favored in both of those matchups though.

Not as good as the 2012 team...nothing could be more obvious. The 2013 team wasn't either. The fact is your 2012 team is a once in a generation type team. Navasota hasn't fielded a team that good in decades. With that said, they are still quite good this year (and most every year), but as one respected coach close to the action told a friend of mine..."The 2012 Navasota team is the best passing team I've ever seen in class 3A."

I wish we (WO-S) would play a pre-district game against the Rattlers. WO-S has fielded better QB play since the 2012 match up, so I know the match up would be super competitive. WO-S has historically had a very hard time scheduling teams to play us in pre-district. That's one of the reasons we're playing 4A (5A last year) Richmond Foster tonight. In fact, we tried to schedule a state finalist from last year. That team's coach was warned by a common opponent that "WO-S was the hardest hitting team we have ever played." So, he declined our attempt to schedule a game. I know Coach Fedora would not flinch to play us. 

Not as good as the 2012 team...nothing could be more obvious. The 2013 team wasn't either. The fact is your 2012 team is a once in a generation type team. Navasota hasn't fielded a team that good in decades. With that said, they are still quite good this year (and most every year), but as one respected coach close to the action told a friend of mine..."The 2012 Navasota team is the best passing team I've ever seen in class 3A."

I wish we (WO-S) would play a pre-district game against the Rattlers. WO-S has fielded better QB play since the 2012 match up, so I know the match up would be super competitive. WO-S has historically had a very hard time scheduling teams to play us in pre-district. That's one of the reasons we're playing 4A (5A last year) Richmond Foster tonight. In fact, we tried to schedule a state finalist from last year. That team's coach was warned by a common opponent that "WO-S was the hardest hitting team we have ever played." So, he declined our attempt to schedule a game. I know Coach Fedora would not flinch to play us.

Foster is 5A DI

I wish we (WO-S) would play a pre-district game against the Rattlers. WO-S has fielded better QB play since the 2012 match up, so I know the match up would be super competitive. WO-S has historically had a very hard time scheduling teams to play us in pre-district. That's one of the reasons we're playing 4A (5A last year) Richmond Foster tonight. In fact, we tried to schedule a state finalist from last year. That team's coach was warned by a common opponent that "WO-S was the hardest hitting team we have ever played." So, he declined our attempt to schedule a game. I know Coach Fedora would not flinch to play us.

Be careful what you wish for. Playing Navasota for a few years hasn't worked out so well for Coldspring. We seem to have that problem with finding pre-district games too. End up with Navasota, LaMarque, Rosenburg, etc. In the long term it makes the team better, because they have to play tougher teams, but it sure can crush an early season record.