Colmesneil vs Shelbyville

Colmesneil vs Shelbyville  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one? Colmesneil or Shelbyville?

• Colmesneil
    • Shelbyville

This week Colmesneil takes on Shelbyville. Colmesneil comes in at 0-3 and Shelbyville is undefeated. Colmesneil is still struggling to find its identity on both sides of the ball. Shelbyville is a running team, so if Colmesneil can keep the Shelbyville running game contained they will have a shot to get their first win of the season. If they are unable to it could be a long night for the Bulldogs. Who do you got?

This week Colmesneil takes on Shelbyville. Colmesneil comes in at 0-3 and Shelbyville is undefeated. Colmesneil is still struggling to find its identity on both sides of the ball. Shelbyville is a running team, so if Colmesneil can keep the Shelbyville running game contained they will have a shot to get their first win of the season. If they are unable to it could be a long night for the Bulldogs. Who do you got?

Shelbyville scores until their coach says that's enough. But you're right about one thing if you stop the running game you got'em

I hate it when people always use the coach as a scape goat for a bad season. Bottom line is Colmesneil had a good group of parents last year that cared about the athletic program and the kids. For  example just ask any kids you want how much the parents are involved in showing these kids how to play or if they have sent them to any camps for their sport. You get out what you put in. It is not always the coaches fault. 

Hey 55, how can you say that they are in for trouble when they meet up with the bobcats?  The bobcats haven't been world beaters this year, yes they beat Burkeville and Sabine Pass (both teams that have struggled over the past few years).  So I wouldn't go and start counting your chickens before they hatch.  KARMA always comes back and gets ya, or haven't you learned that yet?

I hate it when people always use the coach as a scape goat for a bad season. Bottom line is Colmesneil had a good group of parents last year that cared about the athletic program and the kids. For  example just ask any kids you want how much the parents are involved in showing these kids how to play or if they have sent them to any camps for their sport. You get out what you put in. It is not always the coaches fault.

So you you are saying that a group of 15-18 year old kids need no direction for winning a football game? Your telling me that a team can go 10-2 with one coach and possibly not even win a game the next year with new coach? Am I missing something? Please explain!

So you you are saying that a group of 15-18 year old kids need no direction for winning a football game? Your telling me that a team can go 10-2 with one coach and possibly not even win a game the next year with new coach? Am I missing something? Please explain!

If it was the exact same roster...then you might have a point. But at a small school roster turnover can play a HUGE part in it.

I can see where Longball24 and CJ04 are both coming from. Longball24 you're right when you say you get out of it what you put in it. Last year Colmesneil had a strong motivated group of seniors who excelled at everything they did their senior year. I am sure many of them have involved parents who supported them throughout their athletic careers and helped them achieve that success. But, they also had some really good coaches who were able to put them in a situation (type of offense and defense they ran) to be highly successful too. But, regardless of how much the parents have contributed it is ultimately the coaching staffs responsibility to make sure those athletes are prepared each and every week.

CJ04 I also agree with you in that 15-18 year old kids need direction in helping them achieve success on the gridiron. And that direction comes from the coaching staff. I would like to think that the Colmesneil coaching staff is trying to give them that direction. And I agree that a team that went 10-2 should not be struggling as much as they have, considering they still have several talented players. They did graduate some key players, but there is no reason for the scores to be as lopsided as they are.

So, on that Tigerheart I see your point as well in that roster turnover can play a HUGE part in a small school's success. So, don't get me wrong I am not saying that Colmesneil is as good as they were last year, but I do not believe there should be as much drop off as we have seen so far this year. They have a group of boys who are athletic and have experienced success. It is now the coaching staff's job to figure out how to get the team to be successful with the hand they were dealt.

I agree with the parenting thing and graduating talent! With that being said these kids don't decide which offense or defense to run when preparing for games or even conditioning for games as most of these kids play both sides of the ball! Colmesneil still has an athletic group of kids up there! I watch these kids and several other setx teams in our area and I am sure this is a situation of coaches not coaching!

I agree with the parenting thing and graduating talent! With that being said these kids don't decide which offense or defense to run when preparing for games or even conditioning for games as most of these kids play both sides of the ball! Colmesneil still has an athletic group of kids up there! I watch these kids and several other setx teams in our area and I am sure this is a situation of coaches not coaching!

Maybe so...but they are running an offense that gives them a chance to succeed.  Because they are lacking in athletic ability compared to other schools.  San Augustine scored 9 times in 40 plays against them in their scrimmage.  Colmesneil was outgunned at every skill position.  I think Colmesneil will be competitive once they start playing 2A-D2 schools, which they won't do till district.  They have played nothing but bigger schools.  Give these guys time and some games against competition they are aligned with and then go from there.

Of course coaching staffs and leadership have a huge impact on a team's success. That's from motivation, to team dicipline, to builing work ethic, all the way to fundamentals and play calling. With that being said, it's hard to place blame on Colmesneil's current staff...especially sole blame. That senior class that The Bulldogs had last year was a once in a generation talent wise for Colmesneil. (ok, maybe not once in a generation, but at least once in a decade or more). They lost just about every playmaker and key contributer off that team.

Not knocking the team from last year becasue they were a good hard nosed group, but their 10 wins came against some not so great competition. Those 10 teams combined for a 32-70 overall record. So beating a bunch of 3-7 teams can be deceiving, and that's knowing that they lost a ton of quality players. Is there a chance that this coaching staff isn't working as hard or doing as much as the staff from last year did? quite possibly. Is it fair to soley blame the coaches for poor performance? I don't think so. Talent wins games, coaching wins championships. I really just think the talent isn't there this year.

Bill Belichick couldn't win at Colmesniel right now. I'm the first to say that coaching plays a huge role...but you can't win a horse race with a donkey. I don't care who trains it.

Stop blaming the coaches. They can't help that all the talent graduated.

We are starting to agree more and more. But yes that is the problem, there is just simply no talent lol

And these comments coming from people who haven't even seen colmesneil play! Okay let's chalk up 0-10 on the kids, who needs coaching as long as there's talent!

I don't need to see them play. They went 10-2 last year...most of them were seniors...they're 0-3 right now.

Any idiot could figure out it might not be a coaching problem.