Colmesneil vs Shelbyville

Colmesneil vs Shelbyville  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one? Colmesneil or Shelbyville?

• Colmesneil
    • Shelbyville

I don't need to see them play. They went 10-2 last year...most of them were seniors...they're 0-3 right now.
Any idiot could figure out it might not be a coaching problem.

Well any idiot would make comments about a team they know nothing about! Maybe you can find an idiot to teach you how to SPELL Colmesneil!

Well any idiot would make comments about a team they know nothing about! Maybe you can find an idiot to teach you how to SPELL Colmesneil!

Seems like I did find one (to teach me how to spell it). Thanks.

On another note. I know they had a lot of seniors graduate. I know they have fewer than 5 high school coaches. I know the facilities are crap, and the coaches are underpaid.

I'd say I know enough.

Seems like I did find one (to teach me how to spell it). Thanks.
On another note. I know they had a lot of seniors graduate. I know they have fewer than 5 high school coaches. I know the facilities are crap, and the coaches are underpaid.
I'd say I know enough.

Well I'm glad you found an idiot to teach you how to spell, are there a lot of them where your from?

Well I'm glad you found an idiot to teach you how to spell, are there a lot of them where your from?

They're everywhere. Some places have more than others. For instance.. Apparently you didn't understand what I meant by my previous post.

See..when I said thanks.. I was thanking you for teaching me how to spell Colmesneil. You're the one I found. Thanks again.

They're everywhere. Some places have more than others. For instance.. Apparently you didn't understand what I meant by my previous post.
See..when I said thanks.. I was thanking you for teaching me how to spell Colmesneil. You're the one I found. Thanks again.

I'm glad your catching on!

Playing HD is 100X more easy. Shelbyville would hang 50 on HD without watching film.

Always gotta hate lol. The last couple years we couldn't stay on the same field with Alto or San Augustine. Now HD can't even compete with Shelbyville. I do think that Shelbyville is better than HD and I'm picking them to win that district. But that doesnt' make them 2A football unbeatable royalty.  

They may hang 50 on HD, but that doesnt' mean that HD won't put 40 up on them.

Always gotta hate lol. The last couple years we couldn't stay on the same field with Alto or San Augustine. Now HD can't even compete with Shelbyville. I do think that Shelbyville is better than HD and I'm picking them to win that district. But that doesnt' make them 2A football unbeatable royalty.  

Shelbyville will win the district and would stomp a mudhole in HD. HD is worse than last year.

You know its sad when grown people get on here and bash kids..I have a nephew that plays for colmesneil..I think that saying they have no talent is going a little to far..but hey some people were raised with no respect

My thoughts exactly! No don't pat em on the back for losing but don't get on here and make a joke out of them either! Any adult that kicks a kid when their down isn't much of an adult at all!

and you still cant compete with Alto or SA....HD is about as tough as Colmesneil!

and you still cant compete with Alto or SA....HD is about as tough as Colmesneil!

Lol ok. We'll see how we fare against Colmesneil next week. We haven't been lucky enough to draw SA and that screen door they call a defense in the playoffs but I'm pretty sure the Alto folks would disagree that we can't compete after the last two battles.

Lol ok. We'll see how we fare against Colmesneil next week. We haven't been lucky enough to draw SA and that screen door they call a defense in the playoffs but I'm pretty sure the Alto folks would disagree that we can't compete after the last two battles.

We have actually won a few playoff games the past few years....what the hell has HD done?  

Didn't HD battle Alto the last 2 years down to the wire, losing by a TD? Didn't Alto drop like 80 points on San Augustine in a single game last year?!! LMAO!  :P  :D  :lol:

We have actually won a few playoff games the past few years....what the hell has HD done?

HD hasn't done anything other than play some pretty tough teams in the first or second round of the playoffs. I'm honestly not comparing HDs recent success to SA's in anyway. They have won playoff games, normally fielded better teams, and won a state championship since the turn of the century. All I am saying is that HD can compete with the teams from East Texas. A lot to do with playoffs is luck of the draw. Colmesneil won a playoff game last year. But they got a 3rd place team in Axtell while we got a bye and Alto in Rd 2. Anyway just not trying to knock the SA or Alto's by any means, just saying that we can play competitive games with those folks, including Shelbyville this year.

Didn't HD battle Alto the last 2 years down to the wire, losing by a TD? Didn't Alto drop like 80 points on San Augustine in a single game last year?!! LMAO!  :P  :D  :lol:

In the last two years SA beat Alto also and won the district with Alto finishing 2nd. Did HD beat Alto in the last two years?

In the last two years SA beat Alto also and won the district with Alto finishing 2nd. Did HD beat Alto in the last two years?

HD didn't beat Alto. They scored with 5min to go breaking 28-28 tie score to win by a TD in '12 and scored with a min left to win 47-42 last year. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. My whole argument was that HD can play with those teams. Alto is the only common opponent between HD and Shelbyville and SA. Alto is 3-1 over the last two years against those two teams. Average scores:

Alto - 44
SV - 28

Alto - 63
SA - 34

Alto - 41
HD - 35

Common opponents don't mean everything and I understand that. But I think it's unfair to say year in and year out that HD shouldn't be on the field and they'd get blown out by 50 each and every year. I know it's a hard pill to swallow but HD would still be a playoff team or consistently in the hunt in any of the three East Texas districts.

Common opponents don't mean everything and I understand that. But I think it's unfair to say year in and year out that HD shouldn't be on the field and they'd get blown out by 50 each and every year. I know it's a hard pill to swallow but HD would still be a playoff team or consistently in the hunt in any of the three East Texas districts.

I'm gonna respectfully disagree with you there. I will admit HD played Alto a great game each of the last 2 years...but that doesn't mean they are same quality. It would be a lot different having to play several teams that are that good all the way thru district. No way HD could've played that well with a team that caliber several weeks in a row.

HD didn't beat Alto. They scored with 5min to go breaking 28-28 tie score to win by a TD in '12 and scored with a min left to win 47-42 last year. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. My whole argument was that HD can play with those teams. Alto is the only common opponent between HD and Shelbyville and SA. Alto is 3-1 over the last two years against those two teams. Average scores:

Alto - 44
SV - 28

Alto - 63
SA - 34

Alto - 41
HD - 35

Good stuff. Proof is in the pudding... Haters still gonna hate. This season HD surprises the haters a little more... Can't wait!