Miami at #22 Nebraska

king

I watched Nebraska with my buddy alot.

Only concerns I have is AA. We need Perryman to have his eye on him all game.

I'm not really a big fan of Armstrongs arm. We need to slow down the read option.
Westerkemp, and Bell are fast recievers our secondary is fast too.

What I'm really worried about is our true freshman starting on the road in front of 95,000 fans, but I feel like these past 2 games he is getting more comfortable, but I know yall are going to stack the box and force him to throw. Miami will be the fastest wr corps Nebraska will face all season. I'm looking forward to seeing how yalls secondary will keep up with them

Miami usually gets blasted when they play on the big stage.  For example, Florida St 41-14, Notre Dame 41-3, K-State 52-13, etc.  This year, Freshman QB up against the Nebraska defense, plus the explosive Nebraska offense adds up to big win for the Huskers.  

I love what you have to say here but I am just a little nervous. Wont lie.

Husker-Hurricane connections: Aside from West Boca’s Bondi and King, this game also has a few sets of high school teammates. Among them:

* Goudis and Hurricanes starting quarterback Brad Kaaya played with Nebraska running back Terrell Newby at West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade. Newby, a sophomore and backup to Huskers starAmeer Abdullah, has 134 yards and a pair of touchdowns on 25 carries this year.

Kaaya said he’ll look for No. 34 on the sideline, but won’t speak to him until after the game.

“It’s crazy, because I’ve played with Terrell since I was six years old,” Kaaya said. “It’s a bit of a trip. It’s surreal to be playing against him.”

* At Norcross (Ga.) High last season, UM tight end Chris Herndon caught passes from Nebraska backup A.J. Bush. Norcross won a Georgia Class AAAAAA state title.

* UM tight end Stan Dobard, a sophomore, and three Nebraska freshmen played at Edna Karr High in New Orleans. Wide receivers Glenn Irons and Jariah Tolbert were teammates with Dobard. Huskers linebacker Jaevon Walton was on last year’s team.

* UM right guard Danny Isidora, a redshirt sophomore, and Nebraska redshirt freshman defensive back Boaz Joseph were teammates at Weston-Cypress Bay.

* Also, Nebraska has a player named Dwayne Johnson, but he is not directly related the WWE wrestler (and former Hurricanes defensive lineman) by the same name. He’s a redshirt freshman offensive tackle from Houston.

King how do you feel about these predictions?

Miami (2-1) at Nebraska (3-0) Sept. 20, 8:00, ESPN2 

Here's The Deal: Two traditional powerhouses meet in Lincoln for a compelling, blast-from-the-past matchup. 

Miami and Nebraska have combined to win 10 national championship, eight since 1983. But building a bridge to the glory days has been difficult for both, especially the Hurricanes. Miami is still feeling its way through the post-NCAA investigation era, while looking for its first ACC crown since joining the league a decade ago. The Canes have bounced back from a Labor Day loss to Louisville by beating Florida A&M and Arkansas State. While the Huskers have been in much better shape in recent years, hardware has been elusive for them as well. And a close call with McNeese State two weeks ago raised worries that another year will pass without a Big Ten title. 

Why Miami Might Win: The offense is moving in the proper direction, and coming off its best game. The Canes have plenty of speedy playmakers, like RB Duke Johnson and receivers Stacy Coley and Phillip Dorsett. The missing piece was at quarterback, but rookie Brad Kaaya is fresh off a confidence-building effort that saw him throw for 342 yards and four scores in the Arkansas State game. If Kaaya can stay hot, Miami has the weapons to beat the Huskers to the edge. 

Why Nebraska Might Win: Miami lacks the defensive front wall to stop the Husker ground game. Nebraska is averaging 324 rushing yards a game and 7.3 yards per carry, spearheaded by dynamite, do-everything RB Ameer Abdullah and shifty QB Tommy Armstrong. Testament to the team’s backfield depth, four different players have rushed for at least two scores. The Huskers will grind down a mediocre Cane front, creating opportunities for Armstrong to hook up deep with Kenny Bell and Jordan Westerkamp. 

Who To Watch Out For: Miami and Nebraska have legitimate superstars on defense. Who leaves a bigger imprint on Saturday night, Husker DE Randy Gregory or Cane LB Denzel Perryman? Gregory is an elite pass-rusher, the likes of which can shatter the confidence of a young quarterback. Perryman is the perfect antidote to the run-heavy Huskers. NFL scouts want to see how both players respond to their toughest test of the season so far. 

What’s Going To Happen: Chalk one up for the Big Ten … finally. 

This is a marquee opportunity for Abdullah, and he won’t squander it. In fact, he’ll put the Huskers on his back if need be, much as he’s done in recent years. The Big Red running game will be most effective in the second half, when Miami’s legs are getting tired. Abdullah will outplay Johnson in the battle of the premier backs, while Kaaya takes a small step back playing at night in Lincoln against a fired up D.  

Prediction: Nebraska 33 - Miami 28 

That Louisville game was on the coaches. They did not open the play book for him. We have more talent that team. That loss was on the coaches.

We are finally opening our playbook, and spreading out with our fast wrs. Nebraska secondary needs to be on point to keep up with them, because Kaaya will take shots down field. If you give him time.
He is a TRUE freshman in front of 96,000 fans. Hopefully he got the jitters out these past 3 games. If he goes into Lincoln, and goes HAM,walk out with a W I'll be on cloud 9. He is only getting better. I'm excited for the next 3 years to have him as QB for the Canes. I do believe this kid will shatter records for Miami, and hopefully lead us back to the promise land.

As for coaching, Golden gets out coached after halftime all the time in big games. If we had a good coach with this talent. We would be a top 15 team.

This would be a HUGE momentum swing if we win. If we get blown out. Golden seat will be hotter then lava

I think that Abdullah will have different linebackers on him depending on where he is in the formation. If he's in the backfield, Perryman will be on him. If AA ends up in the slot, they could use Jermaine Grace on him because he has a little better speed to keep up with him in routes down the field.

I hope Coley opens up the playbook, but I doubt Nebraska will be as oblivious to the deep ball as Arkansas State was. Defensively, this will provide the greatest test for Miami all season until Florida State. AA is the best individual offensive player outside of Jameis that Miami will see in my opinion.

That Louisville game was on the coaches. They did not open the play book for him. We have more talent that team. That loss was on the coaches.

We are finally opening our playbook, and spreading out with our fast wrs. Nebraska secondary needs to be on point to keep up with them, because Kaaya will take shots down field. If you give him time.
He is a TRUE freshman in front of 96,000 fans. Hopefully he got the jitters out these past 3 games. If he goes into Lincoln, and goes HAM,walk out with a W I'll be on cloud 9. He is only getting better. I'm excited for the next 3 years to have him as QB for the Canes. I do believe this kid will shatter records for Miami, and hopefully lead us back to the promise land.

As for coaching, Golden gets out coached after halftime all the time in big games. If we had a good coach with this talent. We would be a top 15 team.

This would be a HUGE momentum swing if we win. If we get blown out. Golden seat will be hotter then lava

Easy King

PM19 said that Petrino is a great coach. I would not feel so bad!