Bridge City 14 Lumberton 43/Final

WOSgrad

Good game by the Raiders.

Our kids definitely didn't execute the way we wanted them to, and the personal fouls were inexcusable. There were three called after the play, and it seems that all were justified. A well-called game by the officiating crew, IMO.

I didn't care for the way that the head ref was interacting with the kids, and I'm curious if anybody else felt that way. I don't know if he was just trying to keep the game under control, or if he normally spends a lot of time with his finger in the kids faces. It almost seemed like he did more to escalate situations with his behavior than to calm them. He seemed like he'd be a lot more comfortable arguing with little league coaches than on the field with football players. It wasn't just our kids, either... He seemed to stay in the Lumberton kids' faces, too.

Did anybody else notice, or is it just me being oversensitive?

Good game by the Raiders.

Our kids definitely didn't execute the way we wanted them to, and the personal fouls were inexcusable. There were three called after the play, and it seems that all were justified. A well-called game by the officiating crew, IMO.

I didn't care for the way that the head ref was interacting with the kids, and I'm curious if anybody else felt that way. I don't know if he was just trying to keep the game under control, or if he normally spends a lot of time with his finger in the kids faces. It almost seemed like he did more to escalate situations with his behavior than to calm them. He seemed like he'd be a lot more comfortable arguing with little league coaches than on the field with football players. It wasn't just our kids, either... He seemed to stay in the Lumberton kids' faces, too.

Did anybody else notice, or is it just me being oversensitive?

I did notice that. I would be curious to hear from some of the players how they were talked to.....

Our 70 actually separated our 69 from a skirmish with a lumberton kid and had shoved him about 10 yards back upfield from where the play ended when the ref followed him and got after him (70) again. He said something defensive to the ref and the ref said "I've had enough of you, you're out." Our 34 went down and stayed down for a while after the play and after he got up the ref was pursuing him back towards our sideline giving another life lesson when our player said something and drew the flag.... Once again it was well after the play and the ref was shadowing our kid and aggressively giving a life lesson, or so it seemed.

It just seemed like the guy pursued our kids(70 & 34), jawing at them, and then throw the flag if they responded. The statements were reported by our kid, so take them with a grain of salt.

88 spiked the ball....that's just bad coaching, lol.

Between the whistles the calls were spot on.

Kinda funny "win" is in your vocabulary this year Mr. 0-3 :o

Mark Halloween night @ the Boneyard in Vidor on your calendar. You'll get to see your previous head coach running our offense. BTW, if we played your pre-district schedule, we would be 3 - 0. You had hard enough time with HF's QB, #22 Jefferson for Channelview would have lit you up for 400yrds....

Mark Halloween night @ the Boneyard in Vidor on your calendar. You'll get to see your previous head coach running our offense. BTW, if we played your pre-district schedule, we would be 3 - 0. You had hard enough time with HF's QB, #22 Jefferson for Channelview would have lit you up for 400yrds....

Very true

but did you play their pre-district scedule? No. If if ' s and butt were candy and nuts