Clear Lake 21 Nederland 13/Final

WOSgrad

Was at this game and cannot understand why Nederland is looking so out of it. Penalties, turnovers, missed assignments, and all sorts of other problems. Does not look like a Neuman coached team as of yet. PNG did all the little things against this team that Big Ned did not. Nederland lost on both lines throughout the entire second half. They just were outplayed. Got to get it together before district.   Vidor up next 

Nederland was definitely struggling tonite. Good they have next week off to try to clean up the mistakes. Man, they need a kicker...I know this young man was doing his best, not downing him, but a good kicker is vital, among other things.  Has Nederland ever started 0-3?

91? Never under Neumann.

There is not gonna be an easy fix for this team. Sage is gonna play qb and he should. Gotta tackle and hold onto the ball. Special teams was not very good either. What they need is support, not a division of the team. We are in a hole and gonna try to climb out. Gonna be tough in Vidor but hopefully we prevail. We can't have any more injuries.

There is not gonna be an easy fix for this team. Sage is gonna play qb and he should. Gotta tackle and hold onto the ball. Special teams was not very good either. What they need is support, not a division of the team. We are in a hole and gonna try to climb out. Gonna be tough in Vidor but hopefully we prevail. We can't have any more injuries.

IMO Sage should not be at QB.  There is NO talent at the WR position.  It is what it is.  He would be much more of an asset receiving and playing regularly in the secondary.  Let the back up play QB. He is adequate.  We cannot win as we are.  This is the worst set of wide receivers I have ever seen at Nederland.  I know these kids are giving all they can, but if we wanna win, Sage has to lead at WR.

I don't usually comment after the games but I will try on this one.

Nederland in three games has had too many of what tennis would call, "unforced errors". 

Six times tonight they were at or inside the 20 including 1-10's on two different possessions on the 16 and 13 and then two first and goal at the 3...... and got a total of 6 points out of it. Penalties and turnovers are killing them. If you can't hang on to or catch the ball or stay under control, you don't deserve to win. To make it short, they are playing sloppy. 

Sage should be the QB, shouldn't be the QB, move some people around, etc., won't matter if you can't hang on to the ball, catch the ball and quit getting motion and other penalties every time they get in position to score. I watch them play and they don't seem to be playing bad but you turn and look at the score board and shake your head. 

It has been a long time since I have seen this kind of sloppy ball going into district. 

Dme1111. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the qb situation. It is what it is and that is how it should be. No easy answer for what our record would be if it were different. I for one like the playmaker touching the ball all the time. This is the same staff that have been called the best in the area. Nothing changed this year. Some times it doesn't work out.

Has Nederland ever started 0-3?

Seriously, have they?

I knew Nederland would have some problems this year, but wow. If there's any coach in high school I'd pick to figure out how to do something with that, it's Larry Neumann. But he sure has his work cut out for him.