TICKED OFF DAD-SO LET'S GET STUFF CLEAR

MAYFIELD

So do we have a racist word draft, adapted from Chappell, so everyone knows what words can be used by what color? Certain words I understand, but c 'mon! What year did thug become racist? This PC world is setting people off for unnecessary reasons. If it is offensive to you, fine. But don't tell me what words should offend me. Redskin, thug and cracker are all cool with me. The Mayfield boys seem like good kids. But I think this becomes an issue if we make it one. If you don't like something, You can't change the event/action, only how you react to it.

The worst part about this and the central Westbrook hand shake is that these are kids. If, as an adult, you bad mouth any kid on this board you should be banned and your identity should be revealed. These are kids. Leon is a good kid. The central kids are good kids. If they were not good kids , they wouldn't have made it in athletics. I would not like all the things that I did as a kid to be posted and talked about. These kids are what keeps us all talking. Support them and help them and don't talk shit about any of them

So do we have a racist word draft, adapted from Chappell, so everyone knows what words can be used by what color? Certain words I understand, but c 'mon! What year did thug become racist? This PC world is setting people off for unnecessary reasons. If it is offensive to you, fine. But don't tell me what words should offend me. Redskin, thug and cracker are all cool with me. The Mayfield boys seem like good kids. But I think this becomes an issue if we make it one. If you don't like something, You can't change the event/action, only how you react to it.

By that rationale, just drop the N bomb whenever you feel like it. It's just a word, right?

I realize we all have freedom of speech. But is it that hard just to stop using a word when a LOT of folks find it offensive? I have found that for me, it's not.

You do what is right by your children and forget what someone behind a keyboard is saying. I have personally never heard one single thing bad about your kids. I have die hard Nederland fans in my immediate family and never have those guys had anything bad to say about them. The guys follow everything about the Bulldogs if your kids were rebel rousers or trouble makers they would have told me. DOnt sweat it. And this is from the Bulldogs mortal enemies across the tracks.......LOL Go Indians!!!!!

This was said at the game was told to me at work from someone attending the game, who did defend Leon. Then to have a coach tell him what was said just threw it out the door. Why would you even tell a kid it was said, but you know what Leon says, dad it's ok. No sir never ok and i know i will meet them at the game hopefully Friday.

By that rationale, just drop the N bomb whenever you feel like it. It's just a word, right?

I realize we all have freedom of speech. But is it that hard just to stop using a word when a LOT of folks find it offensive? I have found that for me, it's not.

"Certain words", I said that. I guess I will adpot the adage from SC Justice Stewart "I know it when I see, I mean, HEAR it." I don't go out of my way to offend people but I guess I don't know if they will be offended until they get offended.

not an issue. Long as they did after the game, fine by me IF it happened as you said. I had family at the game so I'll ask.

We knew about it, but it wasn't an issue. I told my son if he ever didn't shake an opponent's hand before & after he would have to answer to me, but that's how I run my house. PA was trying to intimidate, it wasn't a big issue, but I made a note of it. If a particular Team's Coach condones this behavior, that's on him & his program. I don't think it should be blown out of proportion, especially when the kids were practically hugging after the game. These kids are Friends & admire  & respect each other. Can't say that for the Parents & Fans (including myself) LOL

We have All said things we regret or done things we wish we would have thought before acting. Every day we say good morning is another chance to get it right. Thank God

Let's enjoy this Season

#1 laid one of your "D1 WR's" out.  and no they did not shake hands on the 50 as central reched and our boys ran back to the bench. i took it as, see how that feels??

mayfield- you have to look at things from both sides. coach saying it has different meaning imo. he's saying before you act, think about what people may say about you.

Don't let the words of certain people get to you. Yes he lost his cool, its football. I watch kids from Png get flagged year in year out for stupid uncalled for penLties usually from retalliation acts. Are our kids perfect hell no. Do they initieate it , yes of course, they are guilty as charged sometimes but not always. We don't always know what is said on the field but I'm pretty sure we have someone's kid who is there and can tell you. I hate to see when our kids do stupid things on the field that hurts the team. I commend you for speaking your mind and defending your kids. As for not shaking hands before the game, think the coach is setting a bad example and is poor leadership and sportsmanship on their part. But that's just my opinion.

I don't know why all of the sudden you Port Arthur guys want #1 and #7, remember all the PA kids in mid county are 3rd stringers in Titanland, they wouldn't help you anyway.

My boys are born and raised in Nederland, and Is Jaron Johnson a 3rd stringer. I would guarantee you neither one would be a 3rd for Titans maybe next year you get to see if my lil one move with me.

Leon is a good kid and if you ask the people in the stands that know him, they will tell you the same thing. In fact when it happened one parent said oh no Mayfield's dad is not going to be happy about this. His dad has raised him to be respectful!! Football is so intense and sometimes your emotions just get away from you. Now all of you other mouthy people leave these Mayfield boys alone, we are keeping them. I have a sophomore and we will keep #7 over here so back off. Heck we want Jaron back!

Leon is a good kid and if you ask the people in the stands that know him, they will tell you the same thing. In fact when it happened one parent said oh no Mayfield's dad is not going to be happy about this. His dad has raised him to be respectful!! Football is so intense and sometimes your emotions just get away from you. Now all of you other mouthy people leave these Mayfield boys alone, we are keeping them. I have a sophomore and we will keep #7 over here so back off. Heck we want Jaron back!

Big Ron is doing great right where he belongs: in beautiful black&red.