BYU @ The University of Texas

whatnamecanipick

But aggies never leave a game early.

This issue has had me thinking. I stayed to the bitter, and I do mean BITTER, end. Everyone with me was ready to leave once the game got out of hand but I insisted we stay. "ALWAYS stay until after 'The Eyes of Texas' at the end!"

But I got to thinking. Why should any of us feel obligated to stay? No matter how hard we cheered, byu kept driving in the 2h. The offense remained futile. It was simply awful.

I pay $100 a piece for 4 tickets for the games. A ridiculous amount I don't care to disclose for the "privilege" to buy those lower level, side-field tickets. And I spend 3.5 hours of my life watching a game that is turning my stomach.

I love my alma mater. I always have, always will. They will stink it up the rest of the season and I will spend my hard earned money buying the tickets again next year. I have had some Unbelieveable times with my family and friends at Longhorn games. Seeing Vince hoist the trophy in Pasadena was bliss.

But am I responsible to stay watching a game that is truly painful for me? Life is short. Would I have been happier back at the hotel after the game enjoying a cocktail? Hell yes. I'm not sure what I will do next time. I am certainly contemplating changing my position on the matter. At some point, the coaches/players need to put an effort on the field that is worthy of the fans' emotional investment.

This issue has had me thinking. I stayed to the bitter, and I do mean BITTER, end. Everyone with me was ready to leave once the game got out of hand but I insisted we stay. "ALWAYS stay until after 'The Eyes of Texas' at the end!"

But I got to thinking. Why should any of us feel obligated to stay? No matter how hard we cheered, byu kept driving in the 2h. The offense remained futile. It was simply awful.

I pay $100 a piece for 4 tickets for the games. A ridiculous amount I don't care to disclose for the "privilege" to buy those lower level, side-field tickets. And I spend 3.5 hours of my life watching a game that is turning my stomach.

I love my alma mater. I always have, always will. They will stink it up the rest of the season and I will spend my hard earned money buying the tickets again next year. I have had some Unbelieveable times with my family and friends at Longhorn games. Seeing Vince hoist the trophy in Pasadena was bliss.

But am I responsible to stay watching a game that is truly painful for me? Life is short. Would I have been happier back at the hotel after the game enjoying a cocktail? Hell yes. I'm not sure what I will do next time. I am certainly contemplating changing my position on the matter. At some point, the coaches/players need to put an effort on the field that is worthy of the fans' emotional investment.

That my friend was a Great Post.

Cliche' I know, but I do know how you feel.  I sat through Fran and Sherman era and many a time I was asking myself on the drive up and back.....why?

Hang in there.  For all the Crap I dish out to the Horns, I mean it when I say: It will get better.

Your love for your University will be there win or lose and you can be thankful for that.

Now you may be understanding why some of us Aggie's - and I am talking about me in general - get thin skinned when the current Aggie teams and coaches are being trashed by some.  I like Roper84 have set through many a game and many a season where you had to wonder "would it get any better".

I agree - Texas will be back.  My hope is that Texas and Texas A&M can find and stay on the high road and we can see  these "discussion" about our teams as each is looking for and expected to compete for the NC year in and year out.  

I admit, I left early last Saturday night. As soon as Aggie band was done, my wife and I headed for the exits. Of course it was 31-3 at half and it was already 10:30pm due to the 2 hour and 15 minute delay for kickoff. Our hotel room was in Huntsville and we wanted to grab a bite to eat on the way to hotel. Didn't feel like getting to hotel at 2am.

If only had Lamar put up more of a fight......... ;) :D

I admit, I left early last Saturday night. As soon as Aggie band was done, my wife and I headed for the exits. Of course it was 31-3 at half and it was already 10:30pm due to the 2 hour and 15 minute delay for kickoff. Our hotel room was in Huntsville and we wanted to grab a bite to eat on the way to hotel. Didn't feel like getting to hotel at 2am.

If only had Lamar put up more of a fight......... ;) :D

2%er!!! You should have eaten one of those chicken fried heart attack hot dogs!

Ok I'm done yelling. I know the feeling you guys are going through, but at least you don't have Fran calling options to the short side of the field on 3rd down and whatever.

2%er!!! You should have eaten one of those chicken fried heart attack hot dogs!
Ok I'm done yelling. I know the feeling you guys are going through, but at least you don't have Fran calling options to the short side of the field on 3rd down and whatever.

As for Fran, I do.

So nice we hired him twice.

On the upside, the DL played well. Barring injury, Malcolm Brown (the DT) will have a very nice career on Sundays. He's a beast. And I thought Swoopes was much better than advertised (granted his advertisement was "turd in a punch bowl"). However, if you ever doubted the importance of an OL, watch Texas play and then watch A&M play. Obviously, that's not the only area to account for the difference in performances but it's a pretty big start. And by big I mean ginormous.

Good to have the support of the AD - However, I think that Strong has a pass this year due to the overall situation - But I do not think for an instant that if the recruiting does not pick up and next year the team struggles as well (this is based on the assumption that this turns out to be a long year for the Horns) Strong may just not get to the three year mark.  Texas and its fans expectations are much larger than most colleges.

Good to have the support of the AD - However, I think that Strong has a pass this year due to the overall situation - But I do not think for an instant that if the recruiting does not pick up and next year the team struggles as well (this is based on the assumption that this turns out to be a long year for the Horns) Strong may just not get to the three year mark. Texas and its fans expectations are much larger than most colleges.

Spot on post IMO.