**BARBERS HILL 41 SILSBEE 24 Final

Eagles showed some speed tonight and moved the ball well. Pass defense will need to get a lot better and we have to hold on to the ball. We must have put the ball on the ground 8 times tonight luckily only losing 2 of them. Speer did well and #22 has some wheels!!! #22 Chased one of the Silsbee receivers down from behind tonight and like to have took his head off when he caught up with him .Also the Freshman #7 can fly I expect some good things from him through the next 4 years! QB shaw ran the offense well tonight too. Just some random thoughts , but over all they looked good for the first game.

It's not often when a one dimensional offense dominates a Silsbee defense. Tonight was the case. 401 yards rushing and only attempting 4 passes the whole game (no attempts the 2nd half). Hats off to Barbers Hill. The Eagles dominated the Tiger defense.

Silsbee will need to get better on that side of ball.

Just a few quick stats:

1   2   3   4   T

Silsbee   3   7   7   7   24

Bar Hill   7  14  14 7   42

Silsbee                                      Barbers Hill

Passing

C. Partain      18-30-241-2-1     K. Shaw   2-4-26-0-0

Rushing

S. Spearman 13-45                   P. Speer   13-80 TD

R. Kirkendall   4-9    TD            G. Duke     12-75

T. Brooks        3-12                   J. Rogers    9-144  4TD

C. Partain       3-2                     K. Shaw       8-36

H. Gobert    4-22    TD

M. Lyons     4-22

S. Langelier 1-22

23-68  2.9 ypc                             51-401  7.8 ypc

Receiving

K. Mackey      7-114                 P. Speer       1-15

R. Kirkendall  5-88   2TD         J. Rogers      1-11

S. Spearman 4-26

T. Lowe          2-13

Sil                        BH

First Down          15                        23

Rushing                7                        20

Passing                7                          2

Penalty                 1                          1

Punts                 2-37                    2-26.5

3rd Down          8-13  62%           6-8  75%

4th Down          2-2   100%          0-0

Turnovers          4                          2

Fumbles            3                          2

INT                    1                          0

Penalties         2-20                    4-42

Opp TO 2, points for 7          Opp TO 4, points for 21

Drive Chart

Silsbee                                  Barbers Hill

*12 play 50 yds FG                 1 play  4  yds Fum

5 play  20 yds Fum              14 play 84 yds TD

3 play    0 yds Punt                1 play 11 yds Fum

4 play  22 yds TD                   7 play 79 yds TD

6 play  24 yds Punt                3 play   5 yds  Punt (Tigers Fum)

2 play  40 yds TD

Half

11 play 63 yds TD                  *3 play   6 yds Punt

2 play -7 yds INT                  5 play   88 yds TD

6 play 68 yds TD                  4 play   18 yds TD

6 play 69 yds Fum               11 play 70 yds TD

4 play  22 yds END

It's not often when a one dimensional offense dominates a Silsbee defense. Tonight was the case. 401 yards rushing and only attempting 4 passes the whole game (no attempts the 2nd half). Hats off to Barbers Hill. The Eagles dominated the Tiger defense.

Silsbee will need to get better on that side of ball.

Aggie they really need to get that QB thing figured out too.  I know its game one, so maybe he will settle down a bit.  He missed a LOT of open receivers, LORD knows we can't cover a piece of bread with mayo. Playing the corners 10-15 yards off the ball kills us every year, think we could figure that out, but we don't.  

I think Partain did a great job in his first start as a sophomore. He missed a few early and settled down and was pretty steady the rest of the way. The int was a little shaky but your going to get some of those along the way. He lacks the running that we have become accustomed to seeing the last several years but makes up for it with am strength. The one thing that always worries me is the number of passes we throw short and wide to the sideline. We had one almost jumped for a pick and several of those quick swing passes for very few yards. I know you need some to keep the defense spread out but sometimes it seems a little repetetive.

Aggie they really need to get that QB thing figured out too.  I know its game one, so maybe he will settle down a bit.  He missed a LOT of open receivers, LORD knows we can't cover a piece of bread with mayo. Playing the corners 10-15 yards off the ball kills us every year, think we could figure that out, but we don't.  

I agree. Partain made his first varsity start last night. The soph. looked okay but still has a ways to go. I believe he will get there.

Would have liked to have seen the junior Thomas get a few snaps at QB to see if his running ability could have made any difference, but I doubt it would have mattered. BH run game was too much for the Tigers to handle.

The QB situation is figured out. Partain had a good game debut last night. Only four starters return on the offense and one was out last night. In second half we had to throw the ball and that took the ball out of Spearman's hands.  The receivers did a good job with some nice catches. On defense we return only two starters. We definitely will have some growing pains for a couple of games are so. One thing is when we tackle we have to get them on the ground. Four turnovers hurt bad last night as two where inside the ten. We gave them twenty-one points off of turnovers. We have the players with talent and they play hard. So far, everything is correctable. Go Tigers!!!

Aggie they really need to get that QB thing figured out too. I know its game one, so maybe he will settle down a bit. He missed a LOT of open receivers, LORD knows we can't cover a piece of bread with mayo. Playing the corners 10-15 yards off the ball kills us every year, think we could figure that out, but we don't.

if 18-30 200 yards in your first varsity game isn't good enough and enough promise for you then that's a dang shame

Aggie they really need to get that QB thing figured out too. I know its game one, so maybe he will settle down a bit. He missed a LOT of open receivers, LORD knows we can't cover a piece of bread with mayo. Playing the corners 10-15 yards off the ball kills us every year, think we could figure that out, but we don't.

if 18-30 200 yards in your first varsity game isn't good enough and enough promise for you then that's a dang shame