Rutledge kick off the team

Quarterback is the leader of the team....yes that's a big blow when probably the backup has never taken a varsity snap

Didn't say it wasn't a big blow. But the Mustangs are used to overcoming adversity. What I said is it will not change tomorrow nor will it change what we do in district. Nor will it define this team. I hate what happened to Chase but he was not "the" leader of that team, he was "a" leader, and there are others who are still there.

If a coach kicks a player off the team for the entire season for good cause then other coaches should respect that and not allow him to play if he transferd.That's the way I feel about that.

You can't lose two players with the talent and leadership Cole and Chase brought to the team and think it want hurt.I think it's going to be tough for awhile and they will still make the playoffs though. But like apollo 13 they just lost the moon imo.Hope I'm proven wrong by some fine young kids.

I agree. That's why I stated that most coaches would not allow him to play on their teams if Rutledge did transfer. It just sends the wrong message to the kid if he can simply leave after being kicked off and then allowed to play somewhere else.

I really don't see Chase transferring. I hear he is owning up to his mistake and being a man about it. Good for him.