I Want My SEC Network....

This is said by someone who hopes to be wearing burnt orange this time next year.

The most important comparison between the LHN and the SEC Network is this: one took a good conference and made it an average conference, while the other makes a great conference even better.

DeLoss Dodds!!  I am glad he is gone too.  I didn't agree with it either.  Gordon Gecko is wrong, greed is NOT good!!!

baddog,

This is a thread about the SEC network started by a Texas fan in an attempt to mock the SEC.  So that makes the thread about the SEC.  All I stated was that it might be a windfall for Texas A&M.  I guess you just have to mention that fact that you are in a conference other than the Big 12 and that constitutes "thumping your chest".

You are the one trying to make this about Texas A&M.  Just a continuation of you A&M infatuation I guess.

That is the exact reason that I did not mention that A&M was No. 2 on the viewing list just behind Alabama on the viewing list with an average of over 3 million more viewers per game than Texas.

is this avg. Views yearly or just last year.

baddog,

This is a thread about the SEC network started by a Texas fan in an attempt to mock the SEC.  So that makes the thread about the SEC.  All I stated was that it might be a windfall for Texas A&M.  I guess you just have to mention that fact that you are in a conference other than the Big 12 and that constitutes "thumping your chest".

You are the one trying to make this about Texas A&M.  Just a continuation of you A&M infatuation I guess.

That is the exact reason that I did not mention that A&M was No. 2 on the viewing list just behind Alabama on the viewing list with an average of over 3 million more viewers per game than Texas.

I love the SEC and would never mock such institutions of higher learning.

Just for clarification, a lot of us "viewed" the aggies so we could watch them lose. For the most part, it was very enjoyable. So it was not really to "view" the SEC per se.

Big bad UT ruined the Big 12.  UT is greedy and toxic.  Blah blah blah. 

I will give credit to the Aggies for at least having the balls to break away being the Longhorns' step child and making a bold move (although they promptly assumed the role that Ole Miss and Miss St and other SEC programs play of vicariously claiming the victories of the power programs in the conference).  OU had a chance but couldn't quite break away and left that annoying little wagon hitched to the Longhorns. 

Ultimately, conference contraction is going to happen.  Probably sooner rather than later.  And when it does, you are a fool that has no idea how big business works if you don't think they will all come clamoring for the biggest brand in college athletics (I'm talking about The University of Texas for those having trouble following along).  "But the Longhorns are on the downslide and a lot of people aren't going to want to deal with them."  Last year, like the years before it, more Longhorn gear was sold than any other university in the country.  Last year, like the years before it, Texas had more revenue in football, and in athletics in general, than any other university in the country.  And guess what?  Even with that new SEC network, I will bet all you can bite off this year will be no different.

In the end folks, college athletics isn't much different than the pros.  It's about making money and UT is a cash cow (pardon the pun).  So when that day comes, watch all the conferences come calling and UT will be making the decision once again.  You aggies can take solace that there's no way the academics in Austin will agree to letting The University be the first "Public Ivy" to join the SEC.  But rest assured, publicly or privately, the SEC will be at the door with hat in its figurative hand.

Nobody said that Texas was not a "Player" still in the NCAA and should be taken seriously in any realignment or contraction and will be one of the main universities in that discussion.  But what Texas fans (some) will not admit or are scared to admit is that Texas A&M will also be in that discussion - maybe not at the same level as Texas but very close.

"I will give credit to the Aggie's for at least having the balls to break away being the Longhorns' step child and making a bold move (although they promptly assumed the role that Ole Miss and Miss St and other SEC programs play of vicariously claiming the victories of the power programs in the conference).  OU had a chance but couldn't quite break away and left that annoying little wagon hitched to the Longhorns."  Fact is that A&M left due to the fact that the Big 12 is Texas's conference - mostly run by them and most decisions made by them - the LHN was not the sole reason that Missouri, Colorado, Nebraska and Texas A&M left the Big 12 - it was the arrogance of Texas and its administration.  The LHN was just the straw that broke the camel's back - when Texas did try and leave the LHN was one of the main reasons it could not fine another home as other conferences would not allow it to happen. 

Again I have stated over and over again that Texas will be back and I will state that Texas is still one of the power players in the country - but to a much less degree than they were 15 - 20 - 30 years ago.  The playing field is more level and getting even more so as other universities get more money and better facilities.

SEC....entire conference

LHN.....Longhorn Network......single school.

I don't care if it is viewed in Burma, UT is still being compared to an entire conference.

Like I said, Ags need their own network. Then you can legally thump your chest against everyone else. Maybe we could compare your network to an entire conference. How about Mountain West?

And who is at fault for that?

Dodds made that bed so quit crying and lie in it!!

In the end folks, college athletics isn't much different than the pros. It's about making money and UT is a cash cow (pardon the pun). So when that day comes, watch all the conferences come calling and UT will be making the decision once again. You aggies can take solace that there's no way the academics in Austin will agree to letting The University be the first "Public Ivy" to join the SEC. But rest assured, publicly or privately, the SEC will be at the door with hat in its figurative hand.

The SEC members would have to vote Texas in and they have an agreement that will vote down any new teams who's state is already represented. Texas wouldn't have enough votes to get in no matter how much money they think they will contribute.

To you other point about all of the other conferences coming calling, what happened last time? I believe no conference wanted Texas due to the LHN. Am I wrong about that?

The SEC members would have to vote Texas in and they have an agreement that will vote down any new teams who's state is already represented. Texas wouldn't have enough votes to get in no matter how much money they think they will contribute.

To you other point about all of the other conferences coming calling, what happened last time? I believe no conference wanted Texas due to the LHN. Am I wrong about that?

Yes you are.

Nobody said that Texas was not a "Player" still in the NCAA and should be taken seriously in any realignment or contraction and will be one of the main universities in that discussion. But what Texas fans (some) will not admit or are scared to admit is that Texas A&M will also be in that discussion - maybe not at the same level as Texas but very close.

"I will give credit to the Aggie's for at least having the balls to break away being the Longhorns' step child and making a bold move (although they promptly assumed the role that Ole Miss and Miss St and other SEC programs play of vicariously claiming the victories of the power programs in the conference). OU had a chance but couldn't quite break away and left that annoying little wagon hitched to the Longhorns." Fact is that A&M left due to the fact that the Big 12 is Texas's conference - mostly run by them and most decisions made by them - the LHN was not the sole reason that Missouri, Colorado, Nebraska and Texas A&M left the Big 12 - it was the arrogance of Texas and its administration. The LHN was just the straw that broke the camel's back - when Texas did try and leave the LHN was one of the main reasons it could not fine another home as other conferences would not allow it to happen.

Again I have stated over and over again that Texas will be back and I will state that Texas is still one of the power players in the country - but to a much less degree than they were 15 - 20 - 30 years ago. The playing field is more level and getting even more so as other universities get more money and better facilities.

Not one of the power players...the biggest power player. It is the biggest brand in college sports and has been since it passed notre dame years ago. And despite aggy wanting to believe it is sooo close, it is, as it always has been, one of the other schools in the state.

Agreements change when pressure is exerted from the right places. That's how the business world works and the dollar rules everything. Again, there is no way Texas would ever join a conference with the low education bar and stigma of the SEC. The academics would never let it happen. So rest easy. It would never be a consideration on Texas' part.

Not one of the power players...the biggest power player. It is the biggest brand in college sports and has been since it passed notre dame years ago. And despite aggy wanting to believe it is sooo close, it is, as it always has been, one of the other schools in the state.

Yes they are the biggest power player. That's why "the coaching search I will tell my grandkids about" netted you your 8th choice to replace Mack.

Yeah too bad they are doing nothing with that title lately!

Agreements change when pressure is exerted from the right places. That's how the business world works and the dollar rules everything. Again, there is no way Texas would ever join a conference with the low education bar and stigma of the SEC. The academics would never let it happen. So rest easy. It would never be a consideration on Texas' part.

I always heard this argument that the SEC has such low academic standards - so I found it interesting that Time Magazine ranked the College football top 25 - as ranked by academics.

SEC had six teams in the top 25 and the BIG 12 had just 3 - of the Big 12 schools they were ranked behind 5 SEC teams and only 2 managed to beat out the other SEC team.  Texas by the way was the lowest of the BIG 12 team ranked at No. 22.

SEC

No. 7 - Alabama

No. 10 - Georgia

No. 11 - LSU

No. 14 - Texas A&M

No. 15 - Florida

No. 19 - South Carolina

Big 12

No. 17 - Kansas State

No. 18 - Oklahoma

No. 22 - Texas

Kinda shots all kinda holes in that statement that Texas would not be in a low academic conference - as it appears they already are.

But I guess that Time Magazine has a SEC slant as well.

I always heard this argument that the SEC has such low academic standards - so I found it interesting that Time Magazine ranked the College football top 25 - as ranked by academics.

SEC had six teams in the top 25 and the BIG 12 had just 3 - of the Big 12 schools they were ranked behind 5 SEC teams and only 2 managed to beat out the other SEC team. Texas by the way was the lowest of the BIG 12 team ranked at No. 22.

SEC
No. 7 - Alabama
No. 10 - Georgia
No. 11 - LSU
No. 14 - Texas A&M
No. 15 - Florida
No. 19 - South Carolina

Big 12
No. 17 - Kansas State
No. 18 - Oklahoma
No. 22 - Texas

Kinda shots all kinda holes in that statement that Texas would not be in a low academic conference - as it appears they already are.

But I guess that Time Magazine has a SEC slant as well.

😂😂😂

Did you find a list ranking the actual academics of the football team??? Texas ranks higher than every school on that list. Lsu as the 11th ranked academic school in the country?? Where is the sec school that they hang their academic hat on - Vanderbilt? Please tell me you were joking when you hit enter and didn't believe you were actually posting a serious list of the best academic schools in the country. Since you didn't post a link - I will assume you were going for comedic relief.

Yes they are the biggest power player. That's why "the coaching search I will tell my grandkids about" netted you your 8th choice to replace Mack.

You know what I said is true.  You of all people since you follow UT football more closely than most of my fellow alumni.  #aggyobssessionneverdisappoints

And who is at fault for that?Dodds made that bed so quit crying and lie in it!!

Where is the crying? I have no bed to lie in. Just get sick of Ags taking their shots at UT when they are in a totally different conference. What do you care about UT now? You left.....goodbye!

I guess if you have to constantly compare yourself to UT, then you are telling me who is number one in your book. Why try and outdo anything less?

You know what I said is true.  You of all people since you follow UT football more closely than most of my fellow alumni.  #aggyobssessionneverdisappoints

Last I checked this was I Want My SEC Network...started by a sip....when did yall join???

Lets check wonderlic test scores why don't we..lol

Where is the crying? I have no bed to lie in. Just get sick of Ags taking their shots at UT when they are in a totally different conference. What do you care about UT now? You left.....goodbye!

I guess if you have to constantly compare yourself to UT, then you are telling me who is number one in your book. Why try and outdo anything less?

I've never replied to or started a topic about TU baddog nor will I.... If I reply to something its on an A&M Topic just like this one....

FYI baddog: Never cared before about them and damn sure don't care now, like you said where in another conference and it happens to be the best conference in college football! You need to take your on advice because your always throwing your 2cents about A&M, SEC and JFF but your not alone...

Gig'em