I Want My SEC Network....

Every single SEC school will make more money off the SEC Network than Texas makes off the Longhorn Network.  I'll take the wager.  The arrogance of t.u. to kill the Big 12 is the best thing to happen for A&M.  Oh, gotta go.  Little league baseball is now on the Longhorn network. 

So you're saying EVERY subscriber will WATCH the SEC Network?

Do you watch every channel on your tv? 95 million subscribers at launch isn't too bad for the SEC, especially considering there are 115 millions homes in the country with tv's.

Here is an 11 page thread on the Shag about the limited distribution of the SEC Network if you need a good laugh.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/146290-sec-network-looking-at-limited-distribution

You can question if this makes senses or not - or if the network will make money or not - but the facts speak for themselves.

The SEC is the most viewed conference in the country and it is not even close:

3,805 Million Avg. viewers per game - SEC (# 1)

2,920 Million Avg. viewers per game - Big 10 (# 2)

1,625 Million Avg. viewers per game - Big 12 (# 5)

SEC has 6 of the top 10 viewed teams in the country with the Big 12 highest team being Oklahoma at number 16.  Just an FYI Texas was No. 26.

Will every subscriber watch the network - likely not - but lots and lots do watch.  This could be a financial bonanza for SEC Teams and might be the financial windfall that Texas A&M needs.

You can question if this makes senses or not - or if the network will make money or not - but the facts speak for themselves.

The SEC is the most viewed conference in the country and it is not even close:

3,805 Million Avg. viewers per game - SEC (# 1)
2,920 Million Avg. viewers per game - Big 10 (# 2)
1,625 Million Avg. viewers per game - Big 12 (# 5)

SEC has 6 of the top 10 viewed teams in the country with the Big 12 highest team being Oklahoma at number 16.  Just an FYI Texas was No. 26.

Will every subscriber watch the network - likely not - but lots and lots do watch.  This could be a financial bonanza for SEC Teams and might be the financial windfall that Texas A&M needs.

So they were watching SEC vs SEC?

As for me and my house, we watch the Longhorns and whatever other good game is on that day. Don't really care what conference. I did not opt in on the SEC Network when offered by Xfinity.

baddog,

This is a thread about the SEC network started by a Texas fan in an attempt to mock the SEC.  So that makes the thread about the SEC.  All I stated was that it might be a windfall for Texas A&M.  I guess you just have to mention that fact that you are in a conference other than the Big 12 and that constitutes "thumping your chest".

You are the one trying to make this about Texas A&M.  Just a continuation of you A&M infatuation I guess.

That is the exact reason that I did not mention that A&M was No. 2 on the viewing list just behind Alabama on the viewing list with an average of over 3 million more viewers per game than Texas.

Is this counting the $300 million?

LHN was not marketed correctly, I admit, but we have one school vs. an entire conference. Nothing like having a level playing field huh? Ags having to thump someone else's chest.

Why don't Ags attempt an Aggie network, then get back to me on your success.

And the numbers posted were per game not an accumulation.  Texas had less Average viewers than 11 of the 18 SEC Schools.  Not my numbers.

The numbers were from all major TV and cable stations.  I guess you would need to add the viewers from the LHN - but last I heard they were well short of 3 Million needed to catch A&M.

I guess I am still thumping my chest - sorry.

And the numbers posted were per game not an accumulation. Texas had less Average viewers than 11 of the 18 SEC Schools. Not my numbers.

The numbers were from all major TV and cable stations. I guess you would need to add the viewers from the LHN - but last I heard they were well short of 3 Million needed to catch A&M.

I guess I am still thumping my chest - sorry.

That's where the conference and TV deals come in. The Big 12 games on Fox are shown regionally in only a handful of states. The CBS SEC games are shown nationwide. You can't put a price on the exposure A&M has gotten by being in the SEC and playing in front of the entire country.

SEC....entire conference

LHN.....Longhorn Network......single school.

I don't care if it is viewed in Burma, UT is still being compared to an entire conference.

Like I said, Ags need their own network. Then you can legally thump your chest against everyone else. Maybe we could compare your network to an entire conference. How about Mountain West?

This is said by someone who hopes to be wearing burnt orange this time next year.

The most important comparison between the LHN and the SEC Network is this: one took a good conference and made it an average conference, while the other makes a great conference even better.

Where is the Aggie network Mack? You like to run your head so much about LHN, if Ags had any balls, they would have challenged UT with their own network. Ags run and grab apron strings because they can't stand on their own. It would be much worse than LHN.

Sorry I hope even if they could make their own network that it does not - and I mean A&M.

The LHN sent the Big 12 into a tailspin as teams left and others wanted too due to the network - I think that a conference network would and is always better than a individual team network in almost every case.