Why Are Certain Controversial Topics Removed?

I made a topic about the family unit being ruined, removed.

I thought this board supposedly wanted more than just obama bad obama good talking points

They were not removed. The threads were moved to it's proper forum. This is a political forum. Politics discussed here.

Those other threads you posted are in the Locker Room forum.

Fair enough, although I do believe its relevant here as well since feminism is often associated with the liberal mindset.

I never really ventured into that other forum. I think I'll begin posting there more so I don't have to see 30 copy paste topics by Smitty everyday

They were not removed. The threads were moved to it's proper forum. This is a political forum. Politics discussed here.

Those other threads you posted are in the Locker Room forum.

If a subject is copied and pasted, is it somehow less worthy of being discussed than original gems such as "is the sky blue"?

When the subject intentionally misquotes people to fit the narrative they're trying to spin, this creating a fake talking point, I'd say it's unworthy to be posted.

If a subject is copied and pasted, is it somehow less worthy of being discussed than original gems such as "is the sky blue"?

The point is that, by and large, they are not creating discussions. It is just thread after thread of some articles being cut and pasted which popped up after a "I hate Obama" Google search. The result is a watered-down board. Even on Fox, the Smitty show would have been canceled long ago...

You are probably right. I wish you would have felt that strongly about " I can see Alaska from my backyard"

I guess if I take liberty with 1000 more quotes Smitty and I'll be even. And since you never question him, always giving a very serious response to his posts, I guess I owe you 1000 more as well.

I didn't realize that I had a duty or responsibility to question anything that Smitty posts. I will try to be more vigilant in the future.  If I see a post made by someone that has a cut and pasted article that says or infers  (as an example) that Mr. Obama lied about something, I wont make the effort to consult with Snopes about the validity of the argument.  If you ask why not, my answer will be that I am fully convinced that Mr. Obama is frequently "lacking in veracity" when he speaks and I am therefore not surprised when another allegation arises.  However, my "inaction" regarding researching the article, in my opinion, is considerably less than a criminal act.  It would be a similar situation if somebody posted something critical about Sara Palin, I tried to debunk that particular cut and paste article, and then voiced a concern to you that you did not call the poster out .

You know the sources aren't valid. I refuse to believe you don't know better. I actually doubt you even read the links. But someone's known shortcomings does not mean that every lie told about them should be taken as fact. For instance, it would be unfair for me to take the fact that you choose to believe this swill (or at least pretend you do), and thus use that knowledge as a basis to believe everything Big Girl says about you. Nash buys into fake propaganda articles? Well, he must be racist too because big girl says so. It just doesn't make sense. The same principles apply to Obama. Just because he screwed some things up doesn't mean that every lie or misquote attributed to him should be taken as fact.

You are correct about me not reading the links.  Therefore, I am unable to challenge somebody on the accuracy of said article.( I usually only read them carefully if they pertain to the economy)  If I see something that suggests that Mr. Obama deals in untruths, I usually accept the theory and move on because I believe that general contention, for the most part, is accurate even if it isnt in that particular case.   I do not recall getting out my pom poms and promoting something (posted by someone else) that I dont think is true.  My original question on this issue was simply asking that if something is "cut and pasted" is it automatically erroneous simply because it was "cut and pasted"?  Furthermore, if we all get real honest and truthful about things, everyone has, to some small degree, an agenda they want to support/promote.  In my opinion, there is really no such thing as "without bias". 

EOC- I have known Bullets for much longer than you would ever imagine which includes years before knowing him on this board. He and I have differed on a number of issues in the past and I am sure there will be many more in the future.   If you consider these exchanges as a BOOM ROASTED KAPOW, continue your celebration.  He is a social liberal and fiscal conservative.  I know, you claim to be the same.  I guess the main difference is that he has always been what he has claimed to be while others have been on this board under multiple identities thereby watering down their credibility on claims they make.  I have no problem with those of differing opinions.  It is always instructive to exchange thoughts/ideas with them.  I have a problem with those who, when they sense the "other side" will not give in, resort to personal insults and name calling.

I really don't care if you don't believe I'm socially liberal and fiscally conservative

NEXTTTTT

EOC- I have known Bullets for much longer than you would ever imagine which includes years before knowing him on this board. He and I have differed on a number of issues in the past and I am sure there will be many more in the future.   If you consider these exchanges as a BOOM ROASTED KAPOW, continue your celebration.  He is a social liberal and fiscal conservative.  I know, you claim to be the same.  I guess the main difference is that he has always been what he has claimed to be while others have been on this board under multiple identities thereby watering down their credibility on claims they make.  I have no problem with those of differing opinions.  It is always instructive to exchange thoughts/ideas with them.  I have a problem with those who, when they sense the "other side" will not give in, resort to personal insults and name calling.

Probably 77 or lumraiderfan. They're all fairly "close", if you know what I mean.. Just following each other around giving each other a good pat on the bottom for every "Obama sucks" post

At least he was truthful about not reading the links. If even Nash isn't reading the barrage of links Smitty inundates this board with, who is? That explains why the majority of his threads don't even get a comment.