Big Girl- What do you think of this analogy?

stevenash

Asians ans hispanics come over with nothing and work HARD......that may be a good business model for some to look at.....hard work

Not slaves though people wanna make believe it was so long ago ...but even my mom can remember the whites only signs. I can give you millions of examples of racial segregation today/ I'm not using that as a excuse I'm just stating the obvious.

Not slaves though people wanna make believe it was so long ago ...but even my mom can remember the whites only signs. I can give you millions of examples of racial segregation today/ I'm not using that as a excuse I'm just stating the obvious.

He was trying to imply that all blacks are lazy, which is sooo sad. That is a myth of course. Smdh.

You simply have swallowed the party line without examining the facts and coming to your own conclusion.  First- A subsidy is a money provided by the government for the purpose of promoting something such as solar energy.  Therefore, the oil companies do not receive subsidies.  Additionally, the oil companies have available to them the same tax deductions that every other corporation in the country has access to.  When you understand the difference between a subsidy and a tax deduction, you will be better equipped to then cry and bemoan the deductions that the oil companies take.  All are lawful and were passed by the government.  Once again, you should be very pleased that the oil companies make significant profits.  Of course, what you don't consider is that they also take significant risks but that doesn't matter to you.  When British Petroleum caused all that damage in the gulf last year, they were able to be financially responsible for everything without needing a government/taxpayer funded bailout and a bankruptcy.  Thus they are still employing thousands of people who pay a lot of taxes based on their income.  If they had not earned significant profits over the years, they would have gone under, thousands of people would have been added to the unemployment roles, and government tax revenues would have declined due to the lost jobs and the taxes paid by British Petroleum.  If and when that would have taken place, the government would need more money and would cry out (with your full support) that some other industry and some group of individuals weren't paying their fair share-  It never ends

Sorry, but they are not subsidies.  The complaint is about legal write offs/deductions.  And the left cant stand it when somebody is doing well and it cant get its hands on more of the profits.  If you will look a little further into this, you will find that the profit margins aren't nearly what you are lead to believe.  Once again, instead of just looking at the profit number, you have to look at what kind of investment it took to generate that profit.  Exxon profits are less than 10% of its revenues.  Apple's profits are in the 25% to 30% range when compared to its revenues.  Do you want to take some tax benefits away from Apple also?  And why? Surely you are not naive enough to believe that that those monies, if put in the hands of the federal government, would be more productively deployed?  Heck, they cant even keep track of their own emails.

I don't care what is in the title.  The oil companies do NOT get subsidies.  Once again, do you want apple to pay more taxes?  They make considerably more than the oil companies.  Some day, maybe, you will understand that profits are not evil but rather the producer of jobs.  Would you rather have to bail them out periodically by holding down their ability to earn and reinvest monies? 

He was trying to imply that all blacks are lazy, which is sooo sad. That is a myth of course. Smdh.

I said or implied nothing of the sort. It is BLACK people like you that spit out the word "racism" anytime someone disagrees or has a different opinion than you. You are the problem with racism! I stand by my statement and can prove it with data....Asians on welfare.....3.3%, Hispanics.....15.7%.

My neighbor who used to own the Golden Dragon(7 years ago) worked 14-16 hours a day, 7 days a week. He was from China, his work ethic(and his wives) was better than ANYONE I know....including myself. When I worked construction, the Hispanic workers out worked 90% of the people around them. I guess your to worried about how unfair everyone is, you can't see yourself getting out performed.....

So, what is the answer?

Biggirl brags about her education and how many degree's and what a good job she has. Then she makes excuses about slavery and not being on an even playing field with the white man. If she admitted it could be done with just hard work and dedication, she couldn't use that bag of excuses she keeps with her.....

so I say again......Asians and Hispanics as a group are good role models for hard work and dedication.....

Disclaimer.....not ALL Asians or ALL Hispanics are good role models for hard work and dedication.....some are not...

So, what is the answer?

Biggirl brags about her education and how many degree's and what a good job she has. Then she makes excuses about slavery and not being on an even playing field with the white man. If she admitted it could be done with just hard work and dedication, she couldn't use that bag of excuses she keeps with her.....

so I say again......Asians and Hispanics as a group are good role models for hard work and dedication.....

Disclaimer.....not ALL Asians or ALL Hispanics are good role models for hard work and dedication.....some are not...

so you are saying that there are not any blacks that are role models for hard work and dedication?

Why do asians perform better then white people. Is it because white people dont try hard enough?

You realize I'm having fun with you trying to promote your agenda.....

I never said ALL of any one race.....I'm simply stated Asains AND hispanics have a good work ethic. I don't think one race is superior to another.....I do think Asian's teach their kids to work hard....not all, but most.

So, Biggirl....what made you so special? I mean, you went agianst all odds and got two degrees and a great job. lol