Big Girl- What do you think of this analogy?

stevenash

I bought a bird feeder.  I hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed.  What a beauty of a bird feeder it was, as I filled it lovingly with seed.  Within a week, we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.   But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table and next to the barbeque.  Then came the poop.  It was everywhere:  on the patio tile, the chairs, the table- everywhere.   Then some of the birds turned mean.  They would dive bomb me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket.  And others birds were boisterous and loud.  They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.   After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore.  So I took down the bird feeder and in three days, the birds were gone.  I cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests thy had built all over the patio.  Soon, the back yard was like it used to be....quiet, serene... and no one demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now, lets see.....  Our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care and free education, and allows anyone born here to be an automatic citizen.  Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands.  Suddenly our taxes went up to pay  for free servies:  small apartments are housing 5 families; you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor; Your childs second grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesnt speak English.    Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box;  I have to "press one" to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people are wavings flags other than "ours" are squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.

Is it time to take down the bird feeder?

Look at any govt. housing complex and see how long it takes to fall into ruin. No pride of ownership and when this one is torn up they (govt.) will build me another! I know not all people that live there destroy the property but just like so many other things the few that dont will be affected the most!

This is a tricky topic.

A good amount of black people on welfare don't even attempt to do anything productive with their lives and live off the government teet. Removing the bird feeder sounds good in theory, but what happens in real life? Crime in the surrounding areas will go through the roof. There will be a good amount of welfare recipients who will still be too lazy to get a job or either have criminal records and can't get a job. White flight occurs at an alarming rate end you end up like that neighborhood in Chicago right now

Just my opinion. I have no answer. I'm in favor of deporting habitual criminals though

The article is nearly 20 years old.  Since 2007, the average annual compounded increase in wealth of the wealthy is 2.7%.  Since 2007, the average annual compounded increase in income for Americans is 2.7%.  I love how this refers so negatively to the corporations ( and, by the way, the U.S. Corporate tax rate is now THE HIGHEST in the world).  If you put these corporations out of business or confiscate their profits, they are not going to hire anyone.

True, but you think welfare recipients are all of a sudden going to get a job when they get cut off? Yeah right, your house will be broken into and next thing you know your tv is at a pawn shop

I am not sure it is that tricky.  We have thrown money at this issue for over 50 years and I don't see that much has really changed.

I never said they were the only ones on welfare.  NEVER EVER had made such a reference.  You have simply stereotyped me into what you want me to be.  We have a system that makes welfare easy and profitable and there is little if anything done to discourage being on welfare.  It has become a generational way of life for some.  I have a close relative who was in the beauty shop yesterday getting her hair done.  She said she listened as one individual ( Caucasian) was talking loudly about how she could not spend too much money on that new car she wanted because she would have some of her "support" taken away from her.  Here she sits, while getting a manicure and a pedicure ( two real necessary items for anyone) and she paid for both of them with her EBT card while bragging how she is manipulating the system.  Let me give you a clue- this is not an isolated instance.

Steve, do you understand that minorities are not the only ones on welfare?

The majority is the minority and the minority is the majority.  

http://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/current  

The Worldview that Makes the Underclass Anthony Daniels
Writer and Doctor

ANTHONY DANIELS, who often writes under the penname Theodore Dalrymple, is the Dietrich Weismann Fellow at the Manhattan Institute and a contributing editor of City Journal. Born in London in 1949, he qualified as a doctor in 1974 and has worked in various countries in Africa and elsewhere. From 1990 to 2005, he worked as a doctor and psychiatrist in a prison in Birmingham, England. He has written a column for the London Spectator for 14 years, and writes regularly forNational Review and the Wall Street Journal. He has published more than 20 books, including Not With a Bang But a Whimper: The Politics & Culture of Decline, The New Vichy Syndrome: Why European Intellectuals Surrender to Barbarism, and Life at the Bottom: The Worldview that Makes the Underclass.

The following is adapted from a speech delivered on May 20, 2014, at a Hillsdale College National Leadership Seminar in Dearborn, Michigan.

I never said they were the only ones on welfare.  NEVER EVER had made such a reference.  You have simply stereotyped me into what you want me to be.  We have a system that makes welfare easy and profitable and there is little if anything done to discourage being on welfare.  It has become a generational way of life for some.  I have a close relative who was in the beauty shop yesterday getting her hair done.  She said she listened as one individual ( Caucasian) was talking loudly about how she could not spend too much money on that new car she wanted because she would have some of her "support" taken away from her.  Here she sits, while getting a manicure and a pedicure ( two real necessary items for anyone) and she paid for both of them with her EBT card while bragging how she is manipulating the system.  Let me give you a clue- this is not an isolated instance.

Because on a "per-capita" basis minorities have a higher percentage of their population on welfare, that presents our most delicate problem that prevents actual meaningful change: to point out that abuses in the system and to propose change that might actually produce change and improve peoples lives makes you racist!!  So non minorities cower in fear and nothing changes and things just continue the same or get's worse.  It is a vicious cycle of political correctness and destruction!!

We are working on our third generation after the passing of the Civil Rights Act and you guys expect us to be on an even playing field with whites after being slaves for at least 200 years. How reasonable is that? You can only get tanf assistance for 5 years. Please Google it.

I never said they were the only ones on welfare. NEVER EVER had made such a reference. You have simply stereotyped me into what you want me to be. We have a system that makes welfare easy and profitable and there is little if anything done to discourage being on welfare. It has become a generational way of life for some. I have a close relative who was in the beauty shop yesterday getting her hair done. She said she listened as one individual ( Caucasian) was talking loudly about how she could not spend too much money on that new car she wanted because she would have some of her "support" taken away from her. Here she sits, while getting a manicure and a pedicure ( two real necessary items for anyone) and she paid for both of them with her EBT card while bragging how she is manipulating the system. Let me give you a clue- this is not an isolated instance.

you can't have a new car and get Tanf assistance that is a myth perpetuated by the conservatives. How do you feel about corporate welfare?

When oil companies receive subsides even though they are making record breaking profits. When GE and Boeing dont have to pay taxes because of a loophole that says if they keep money in foreign bank they cant be taxed on it(or something like that). The list goes on and on

When oil companies receive subsides even though they are making record breaking profits. When GE and Boeing dont have to pay taxes because of a loophole that says if they keep money in foreign bank they cant be taxed on it(or something like that). The list goes on and on

Hum, well the first one we'll have to discuss more.  The one about GE and Boeing:  Let me understand something -- if a business gets to keep more of what they earn then that is a subsidy?  So, if YOU take advantage of the tax laws and keep more of what you earn -- you do like that don't you? -- then you are receiving government subsidies?  Explain!

We are working on our third generation after the passing of the Civil Rights Act and you guys expect us to be on an even playing field with whites after being slaves for at least 200 years. How reasonable is that? You can only get tanf assistance for 5 years. Please Google it.

Asians ans hispanics come over with nothing and work HARD......that may be a good business model for some to look at.....hard work

Hum, well the first one we'll have to discuss more. The one about GE and Boeing: Let me understand something -- if a business gets to keep more of what they earn then that is a subsidy? So, if YOU take advantage of the tax laws and keep more of what you earn -- you do like that don't you? -- then you are receiving government subsidies? Explain!

I didnt say that ge and boeing received subsidies. I said oil companies did